Back 2 Back Champs @ Saskatchewan: The LDC GDT

Noeller

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Yup...wonder if their will be some league discipline ...2 losers...coached by one

A fine isn’t good enough for Marino.  Supplemental discipline for this guy should be a game suspension for the nature of the hit.  He stopped, thought about it and then delivered that bs.

Just a weird and fun LDC. Offenses hot out of the gate and then the defenses bounced back.

Our offensive gameplan was out of sync today. A lot of poor interior runs and deep balls. They need to find a way to get the intermediate game going again. Defense was real bad to start but made the right adjustments. Frankie Hickson is a legit threat though.

Kudos to Legs for a big kick. We really need Janarion Grant back - continually giving up too many singles on punts/kicks. Thought it was going to bite us.

Hopefully the league suspends Marino for the next game. Hard to see how on earth the refs and command centre missed it but given their track record I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The CFL has to protect the quarterbacks, because there are already a limited number of really good ones. You want your stars healthy, and even the NFL understands that now.

The Riders organization really needs a top down tear down. You've got assistant coaches ripping into refs. My favourite was Dickinson throwing the challenge on the OPI and a larger fellow in a bright green jacket just running out onto the field yelling. 

This is not about Dickinson "controlling" the team. That is, in my opinion, an old concept and view of coaching. You have to employ both coaches and players who understand how their actions affect the team. Its on individuals to hold themselves accountable. This is one of O'Shea's strengths. The Riders coaches and players continually cross boundaries that they shouldn't, with no regard for how it impacts the collective team.

Just now, Booch said:

My one concern...where is our db depth...or what is our PR priority?? Cause if Holm is best we can do...we ain't doing a good job...we lucky that didnt cost us.....sure he a nice kid and all...but cmon

We're into our depth pretty hard already.

Glass not living up to  hopes sucked and Houston is a big loss. Along with Rose not being up to 2019 standards.

I am still just waiting on BA to come back.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

My one concern...where is our db depth...or what is our PR priority?? Cause if Holm is best we can do...we ain't doing a good job...we lucky that didnt cost us.....sure he a nice kid and all...but cmon

Yeah the guys we've pulled off PR haven't been quality as usual.  Don't think we had anyone who was a true backup returner, just trying guys.  Was fine with Holm's work tonight other than losing the one that went for the single in the 4th.  Obviously not as explosive as Grant but fine, outdueled Alford.

To me we've missed out not really having a tailback around.

I like Parker, but Rose sure can't handle the boundary corner spot in his current condition.  Seriously lacking confidence out there, maybe nicked.