Week 12 - Stumps @ Back-To-Back Grey Cup Champions - GDT

JCon

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

The D should be forced to get up tomorrow at 4am, come to the stadium, sit down and watch every missed tackle and wide-open Calgary receiver, while being fed s**t sandwiches for breakfast. Too much

There is always rust after the bye week.  Maier as @SpeedFlex27 correctly pointed out, Got rid of the ball very quickly.  Defense just wasn't reacting quick enough

Exciting game. Both teams had their ups and downs. Calgary is much better with Maier in at QB, I can't see them moving back to Mitchell any time soon.

Defense struggled a lot so that'll need plenty of work heading into Labour Day.  Collaros really has to stop on the red zone picks. Think Al Bradbury may have given us a bit of a gift on that holding call but I'll take it - was surprised they hadn't called some earlier.

3 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Exciting game. Both teams had their ups and downs. Calgary is much better with Maier in at QB, I can't see them moving back to Mitchell any time soon.

Defense struggled a lot so that'll need plenty of work heading into Labour Day.  Collaros really has to stop on the red zone picks. Think Al Bradbury may have given us a bit of a gift on that holding call but I'll take it - was surprised they hadn't called some earlier.

Owed us for the absolutely HORSESHIT call on Jefferson.

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Maier is good. I was ready for that change last year. But man let’s calm down. A couple starts doesn’t make you a super star. 

People say Rourke is with just 9 career starts. Maier is the real deal with 4 starts. Dickenson should never have started Bo. He's done.

2 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Calgary is the team to watch out for in the West.  Although I wonder how well Maier does in the cold frigid air of IGF in November :)

BC is gonna knock them off! Then we'll see how those little dome bunnies do in the frozen tundra!

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

170 YAC for Calgary.  Man our D needs to tighten up.

Yup. That was Sam Hurl/Matt Bucknor 2015 defense bad.

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

BC is gonna knock them off! Then we'll see how those little dome bunnies do in the frozen tundra!

Yup. That was Sam Hurl/Matt Bucknor 2015 defense bad.

Greg McCrae had as many tackles on offense as Adam Bighill did on defense.  That stat isn't a great indicator, but vs a team like Calgary that basically doesn't throw more than 5-6 balls a game downfield plus runs a ton of inside zone you'd expect your LB's to clean up a bit more.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Greg McCrae had as many tackles on offense as Adam Bighill did on defense.  That stat isn't a great indicator, but vs a team like Calgary that basically doesn't throw more than 5-6 balls a game downfield plus runs a ton of inside zone you'd expect your LB's to clean up a bit more.

That may have been Bighill's worst game as a Bomber.

remembering Maier's first start last year -- he threw an astonishing wide-side corner route in his first quarter, put it about 50 yards on a rope, right over the DB's hands, hit his receiver in stride.

The DB's eyes were huge in the replay.  90% of rookie CFL QBs who try that throw get it picked.

It sure looked like Maier had some legit fundamentals to work with.  Nice to see that wasn't a mirage. Love watching young QBs make a splash in the league, doesn't matter who they play for.