Week 12 - Stumps @ Back-To-Back Grey Cup Champions - GDT

JCon

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

and.....as per TBurg the RTP was not the right call....hands to the back name plate....is not a penalty...now if he had grabbed it...yanked him backwards after the ball was knocked away...then yes...but how it went down....not a penalty whatsoever...every time a player pushes another out of bounds...or down after a catch or run would be flagged then....which they are not....head...neck....face...or horse collar for that matter arent part of the back...or even shoulder blade area...was garbage call...

I am not sure where he got the information that O'Shea was told by the officials that it wouldn't be overturned? From all accounts, O'Shea didn't believe it would be overturned, that in no way makes it the correct call. It just means the chances of it being overturned were not there because the CFL has been reticent to do so on RTP calls. There is a big difference between not wanting to challenge because the chance of it being overturned are small, and acknowledging that is was the correct call which to my knowledge MOS has never done....because it wasn't.

I am super unclear as to why TB believes that MOS not challenging means he believes the call was correct? I mean really a blind squirrel could see that the RTP call was grossly incorrect. Every bit as egregious as the non-fumble incorrect call. Both plays had impact on the outcome of the game in their own way. Neither call resulted in one team winning/losing a game they shouldn't have.

Edited by GCn20

Osh in cjob interview said they been calling that all yr..so didnt wanna challenge...that being said I dont think they saw a clear replay as to where willie hit him...or they did and had no faith in the CC doing the right thing...but as per rules..it was not an infraction.

Also...Osh isnt like one of the Dicklesson bros and wont say anything negative or challenging to a ref..player..team..etc in the media...or use anything as an excuse...

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Osh in cjob interview said they been calling that all yr..so didnt wanna challenge...that being said I dont think they saw a clear replay as to where willie hit him...or they did and had no faith in the CC doing the right thing...but as per rules..it was not an infraction.

Also...Osh isnt like one of the Dicklesson bros and wont say anything negative or challenging to a ref..player..team..etc in the media...or use anything as an excuse...

Osh took the high road because, unlike some fans, he fully realizes that was just one of a hundred plays in a game and wasn't the difference in winning or losing. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I highly doubt MOS even had a chance to see the play with his own eyes on replay when he was interviewed. I doubt he feels the same way after watching it. His team won the game so I doubt he cares about it now either.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Got a link to that interview? Not exactly how I remember it.

Go to the 30 min mark on Aug 25th 10pm - https://globalnews.ca/pages/audio-vault-cjob/

Here's what was said when DT asked Osh about the RTP call:

MOS: Anytime you make contact with the helmet they’re going to be… they’re gonna want to call it

DT: So you saw... we didn’t see contact with the helmet but it happened?

MOS: Uh, above the shoulders, forget the helmet. Forget the helmet.  Any forceful blow, above the shoulders. I don’t think it’s worth challenging there cause I see his hands coming down on top of the quarterback.

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Got a link to that interview? Not exactly how I remember it.

u brought it up...wtf?!?!....u said thats why it was a legit call

8 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Go to the 30 min mark on Aug 25th 10pm - https://globalnews.ca/pages/audio-vault-cjob/

Here's what was said when DT asked Osh about the RTP call:

so ...obviously Osh didnt see a clear view of it...or a replay, nor did anyone in spotter booth relay to him it was NOT above shoulders...or to head/neck

11 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Here we go again for the millionth time. Pretend I'm saying something I'm not then whine about it and doubt I'm a fan. It's not just me who says it's a back call. Look at the replay like the CC did. It was bad call. It was the wrong call. It was ONE reason we won. This is one of the reasons these things go on and on and on.

The RTP was the right call, they've been calling like that all year. The Refs even told MOS it wouldn't be overturned. Go back a few pages and you'll see the whole argument.

Who gives a flying leap? Refs influence games for every team, good or bad. If we caight a break, so what as next time it may cost us a game. You always find a black cloud in every silver lining. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2022-08-26 at 1:03 PM, GCJenks said:

The punt singles are different stories, the second one for sure Taylor was told to bring it our but he didn't understand that signals they were giving him from the sidelines. I could clearly see coaches signaling before the kick that it had to come out.

Interesting!!! Love to hear more about what those signals look like. 

1 hour ago, Zach Schnitzer said:

Interesting!!! Love to hear more about what those signals look like. 

Mostly coaches jumping up and down and pointing to go forward down the field with a great deal of emphasis as opposed to the catch and kneel that they do to take a knee.

Think of the arm motion the fans use with the announcer goes "another first down" lots of that directed at the returner before the kick.

46 minutes ago, Tracker said:

May be a cartoon of text that says 'The Riders have only won 4 cups in over 100 years If-those kids could read théy d be very upset'

My favourite meme of all time. When I first saw it a few years ago, I was crying laughing... Amazing. **** every single person in that **** hole of a province...