Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

Just now, Geebrr said:

I think we can do better than Bryant but would be psyched to get Drew and JK back

thing is Bryant has CFL experience...so could step in basically immediately....a guy new to CFL not so much on the line...And not sure who if any returnees there are that could shake free

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Brandin Bryant has been set loose by the Bills as well.....I doubt he has much if any PR eligibility left...now threes a real nice replacement for Stove...and would really shore p the defense...get er done Walters 

Each team has 6 PR spots with no limit on eligibility.  The other 10 have to be guys with less than 2 accrued seasons.

Accrued season is active 9 games or more, so he might be eligible for either slot.

By my calculation guys on NFL PR at minimum salary (some get more) would have to be paid prorated portion of between $240-$250,000 Canadian to make same amount of hard cash on their weekly cheque.

Think the Bombers only have one non-QB making that coin and it's Jefferson.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

thing is Bryant has CFL experience...so could step in basically immediately....a guy new to CFL not so much on the line...And not sure who if any returnees there are that could shake free

True, I just remember him getting cut due to performance and was shocked he went back down south. 

I think a couple of months is enough to get a new DT up to speed 

pretty sure he was on PR all yr last year...and also has 3 other seasons of PR time..so he prob is got limited time...and not sure if looked at as an unlimited PR time guy...

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Kongbo likely does get cut from the Broncos. I didn’t see him much in pre-season, and the competition is tough.

Kongbo was one who I figured would be the fur sure cut...and most likely to be back first....so that means now he prob sticks hahaha...they only have 5 spots to trim in Denver still....so....he could be a bubble guy

1 minute ago, Booch said:

pretty sure he was on PR all yr last year...and also has 3 other seasons of PR time..so he prob is got limited time...and not sure if looked at as an unlimited PR time guy...

Based on a quick look at his game logs he's only been active for a max of 4 games in any season so he's at 0 accrued seasons.  Still PR eligible.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Kongbo was one who I figured would be the fur sure cut...and most likely to be back first....so that means now he prob sticks hahaha...they only have 5 spots to trim in Denver still....so....he could be a bubble guy

You said DD is a lock to come back to big blue eh? Makes sense. You would definitely have the cap.

31 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I don’t think Alford has just made the team, I think he might start at nickle corner. Falcons are *high* on him. Good for him, and good for McManus for unearthing him.

Right now I’d say Danny mac is the best us scout in the cfl. 

40 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

You said DD is a lock to come back to big blue eh? Makes sense. You would definitely have the cap.

every team in the league should go after him if he’s available. That’s a guy you could give elite wr money for a very long time. Best guard in the league by a mile. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

a guy who can step in and play any role you want him to in the cfl including nose. It’d be damn hard to find a better option than Bryant at dt mid season. 

plus not only does he have cfl experience, he has fifo experience. Find a better guy who fifos and that’ll be a real feat. 

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

Are we talking Brandin Bryant here?

Yeah

Just now, rebusrankin said:

We're looking at guys coming back with about a third of the season left. Could we pay DD something like $70,000 for those six games?

Most likely...you would have to assume a smart gm like Walter's had money set aside for returnees factored into his SMS when they resigned all the free agents..we also had around 100k ear marked for Harris that we never used..