Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

a guy who can step in and play any role you want him to in the cfl including nose. It’d be damn hard to find a better option than Bryant at dt mid season. 

plus not only does he have cfl experience, he has fifo experience. Find a better guy who fifos and that’ll be a real feat. 

He got cut out of camp. Went to Montreal and wasn’t very good. 

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

With the way Walters has traditionally managed the cap and the number of guys that have spent time on the 6 game list I feel like we have money for any / everyone we want.

Pretty much...wilson..prukop..ba..couture...all did full 6 game stints

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

But since has been in nfl in some capacity...for last 3 yrs...is a.mature 28 now.. I'm sure he would be useful

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Couture. Ellingson hasn't done 6 games yet and they pulled him back. 

Couture would cover just over half of DDs salary? 

You asked about significant savings. Couture was replaced by Kolankowski. I'd wager we saved a bundle on that difference. Likely saved having Mancuso in over Prokup. I'd guess a little going from Wilson to Clements. Briggs over a rookie NI. Who knows since they don't publish salaries but that might add up to $70,000 or so to throw at DD.

I'm sure between 100..125k...he's a vet QB.. so most likely 6 figures I would think somewhere...couture is what..125 to 150k range...I sure BA is 6 figures...as well as Wilson...so u would think just on those guys we have ballpark 200..240k kicking around off the books at the moment..plus whatever Walter's had tucked away

Just now, rebusrankin said:

You asked about significant savings. Couture was replaced by Kolankowski. I'd wager we saved a bundle on that difference. Likely saved having Mancuso in over Prokup. I'd guess a little going from Wilson to Clements. Briggs over a rookie NI. Who knows since they don't publish salaries but that might add up to $70,000 or so to throw at DD.

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how much we would actually have beyond just the handwaving "Walters has cap savings to work with". 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Couture is making 145k base...187max...so his 6 games gives us 48 333 to throw in the pot...so his salary alone over next 7 games equates to a 124k a year salary..so paying a guy that for 7 games..less than half a season is nice chunk o change

Minus Dobson's salary on the active to replace him, so about $25,000 hard money.  Around the same for Wilson.  About $40,000 ish from Alexander minus his replacement on active.  Save a bit around the fringe on not backfilling PR, probably about $100,000 in hard money to offer to someone or facilitate a trade.

And considering the top 4 salaries for OL guys in CFL for 2022 is 210k and 3 guys at 190k...with coutures savings..and anything else we have we have ample funds to get Desjarlais and Kongbo back if we choose.. and they want back in cfl for rest of yr...plus some guarantee of playoff money to.help sweeten the pot...if they look to return...we will be players and I sure their first choice will wanting to.be back...the bombers are all they know...as in culture and 2 rings

Pretty sure Dobson's and Wilson's replacement were factored into the SMS..and u also have an injury aottment set aside for cap issues in as well...so that's money that was accounted for...

You do know usually between 3 and 6 varying levels of salary are factored into a teams SMS as hard money not available for possible injury replacements eh?...so taking away some of the 6 game money isnt part of the equation...

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Doesn’t mean much. The riders kept trying to buy ol failing then watching them leave and succeed else where. 

he got cut out of camp here because of we had drake Nevis stove and Jake. Then he played 1 game in Montreal. He was very good in the year he was here. 

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

...we will be players and I sure their first choice will wanting to.be back...the bombers are all they know...as in culture and 2 rings

2 rings and  the way things stand right now the great possibility of a third with their contibution.......makes sense for us and them

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

2 rings and  the way things stand right now the great possibility of a third with their contibution.......makes sense for us and them

yeah...in all honesty can't see why they would choose to go somewhere else...this point in year...there's nobody who can really offer an outrageous Lawler type deal like in free agency...

59 minutes ago, Booch said:

And considering the top 4 salaries for OL guys in CFL for 2022 is 210k and 3 guys at 190k...with coutures savings..and anything else we have we have ample funds to get Desjarlais and Kongbo back if we choose.. and they want back in cfl for rest of yr...plus some guarantee of playoff money to.help sweeten the pot...if they look to return...we will be players and I sure their first choice will wanting to.be back...the bombers are all they know...as in culture and 2 rings

Pretty sure Dobson's and Wilson's replacement were factored into the SMS..and u also have an injury aottment set aside for cap issues in as well...so that's money that was accounted for...

You do know usually between 3 and 6 varying levels of salary are factored into a teams SMS as hard money not available for possible injury replacements eh?...so taking away some of the 6 game money isnt part of the equation...

Dobson is the replacement for Couture on the active roster.  Maybe they budgeted on having Dobson on the 1 game all season.