The Bombers' best...

Mark H.

Sask had 3 of those players that could literally of shifted today's current path but we are the clear beneficiaries. Collaros will go down as one of the best QBs in Bomber history in only 3 freaking years, and the ability to bring all these players in comes down to Miller and Walters on changing the culture of this franchise.

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So guys like Bryant and Jefferson they may big plays for in free agency. So not like the other teams just cut bait on them. They'd have had them back in a heart beat. 

Bighill was an NFL returnees too right? So again free agent signing. 

Yup. We can thank Darian Durant for Bighill. With him taking the signing bonus and bolting it allowed us to hav cap space to sign Biggy. Imagine Durant stayed a season or two and we just tanked with him and had no Bighill. Could have changed a lot of how this team was formed. 

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

No, they signed Ellingson and found Schoen.  

But, unless you have a left tackle capable of replacing Bryant, you have to keep him. 

Calgary did.  The guy who replaced him won Most Outstanding Lineman and the guy who replaced him when he chased the money to Sask is also one of the best players in the league now with Ottawa with the first Bryant replacement back at LT for Calgary.

Yeah that's what I am getting at. Sometimes with big time free agents it's not a case of just opting not to keep a guy. Sometimes you just lose people.

Collaros we were lucky with.  No-one expected him to play without injury.  And a guy like Hardrick was just finding a diamond in the rough. 

I would say the credit for roster moves like this goes to the gm and coaches for being able to identify the guys that should be made a priority. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I just find it interesting how many of the Bombers' best players were not retained but other teams.

Collaros, Demski, Bryant, Hardrick, Jefferson, Bighill, Ellingson

That's a real sweet list of talent. 

I won't say thank you - I'll say...y'all messed up!

Like the Oakland Raiders of the 70's & early 80's. 

55 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Yup. We can thank Darian Durant for Bighill. With him taking the signing bonus and bolting it allowed us to hav cap space to sign Biggy. Imagine Durant stayed a season or two and we just tanked with him and had no Bighill. Could have changed a lot of how this team was formed. 

Also led to us getting Streveler. 

Jefferson tho his first yr here signed for less than he could have elsewhere...and did it again...throw in Jeffcoat who did it...Biggie...Couture...Bryant and Yosh...Oliviera...and there are a couple others....says a lot.

Guys get here now...and don't wanna leave...and u can bet guys not here now...wanna come here...therein lies our ace in the hole especially if we keep this regime intact and can always bring back that core...

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So guys like Bryant and Jefferson they may big plays for in free agency. So not like the other teams just cut bait on them. They'd have had them back in a heart beat. 

Bighill was an NFL returnees too right? So again free agent signing. 

Bighill came back later in the off-season, I think.

A lot of teams' cap space was already used up.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Jefferson tho his first yr here signed for less than he could have elsewhere...and did it again...throw in Jeffcoat who did it...Biggie...Couture...Bryant and Yosh...Oliviera...and there are a couple others....says a lot.

Guys get here now...and don't wanna leave...and u can bet guys not here now...wanna come here...therein lies our ace in the hole especially if we keep this regime intact and can always bring back that core...

I think that's re-writing history a bit.

We made him the highest offer (highest paid in the league at that point) - and he told TO it would cost 10 or 15 more to convince him to go there, at which point they bailed.

He's definitely signed for less since that point though.

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Without top receiver ,  all star safety,  center,  minimal run production....

Backups at both outside linebacker spots, Jeffcoat missing games, some big offseason losses. Demski missing some games. 

Kyle walters and Mike O’Shea kudos to you two gentlemen for building a next man up roster. Even suitor touched on it during the game. Bombers backups are ready to play when they need to.