BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS at LIONS GDT

Nolby

Just now, Booch said:

Yup..Wilson and BA...Rutz still learning and getting better each game...No Demski and Couture....and most likely some NFL free agent returnee as we def have the cash...and likely we will be destination if choice if we keep winning as it is....we just warming up...teams should be worried...ii expect next week to be a even bigger statement game

Calgary is ****... Mark my words. With a proper weeks rest and a game at home, we're gonna thump those assholes. 

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Calgary is ****... Mark my words. With a proper weeks rest and a game at home, we're gonna thump those assholes. 

Yup...BLM is playing better...but I see us jumping at least 3 of his soft floaters and sacking him multiple times

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Is Dominique Rhymes a free agent after this season?

I remember myself, and several others mentioned here that we wanted the Bombers to go after him when he hit free-agency when he signed there....woulda been a good fit here....oh well...2 cups later we must be doing something right

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I remember myself, and several others mentioned here that we wanted the Bombers to go after him when he hit free-agency when he signed there....woulda been a good fit here....oh well...2 cups later we must be doing something right

Definitely wanted him here the past 2 years. 

Can’t argue with two Cups though. 

23 hours ago, Booch said:

Said before the game we would befuddled Rourkie by different fronts and dropping diff guys off like he hasn't seen ..jeffcoat pick...Rutz pick...perfect examples and awesome game planning

Rourke has officially been figured out. Kinda figured it would be Hall who did it, as he was the one who did it to Fajardo too. Teams will be throwing all kinds of looks at him now and he will struggle through it until he figures it out. In Rourke's defence, he is a much better ball thrower than Fajardo.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

same...and nope.....and I am liking our trajectory more each game this yr....mirroring 2021 rather nicely....and we will have roster bolstered a lot even if it just Couture, Demski and BA

We are 5 games in and riding a rash of injuries, even though Riderfans suggests we are completely healthy lol. I like where we are at, I liked it before the BC game too. People were over reacting about some non-divisional games being too close for comfort but I knew they had another gear for divisional games. All teams do to some extent, just ours is more impressive. We barely beat Ottawa or Toronto....blah blah....these are not the games that get our players juices going fully. Simple as that. 

Just now, GCn20 said:

Rourke has officially been figured out. Kinda figured it would be Hall who did it, as he was the one who did it to Fajardo too. Teams will be throwing all kinds of looks at him now and he will struggle through it until he figures it out. In Rourke's defence, he is a much better ball thrower than Fajardo.

Rourke has all the tools to be a great QB- intelligence, a competitive attitude, a very good arm and accuracy. All he needs is game-time experience and an O-line good enough to keep him from getting killed ala Drew Willy.

Just now, Tracker said:

Rourke has all the tools to be a great QB- intelligence, a competitive attitude, a very good arm and accuracy. All he needs is game-time experience and an O-line good enough to keep him from getting killed ala Drew Willy.

For sure. I did not mean to indicate he doesn't have a bright future. I just think opposing DCs will make life a lot rougher for him now and he will experience the inevitable growing pains.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Rourke is alreafdy better than the Faj....hands down.....Rourke also prob has one the best arms in the league...hands down, and is probabaly one of the better mobile QB's for using legs to get 1st downs....but......young, and very green still, and yes....book is out now....with pressure and taking away that quick first hot read, and making him move in pocket, and mix up coverages...especially when a team schemes to match their tendencies, he is gonna struggle....like most will.

The question now is he at his zenith in processing quickly, and understanding and able to adapt....or does he have more room to grow and adapt?....if he stays the course as is for now he will be good....and bad....but far from elite and second coming....growing and learning curve is now in effect....lets see how it plays out....and you wont get numerous circus catches game in and game out to rely on...that will dry up, and in long run prob be an achilles heal for him.....

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Definitely wanted him here the past 2 years. 

Can’t argue with two Cups though. 

No sure can't and if we signed him who knows what happens to Kenny Lawler or Dalton Schoen. I like where we are at with the choices we made.

Just now, GCn20 said:

No sure can't and if we signed him who knows what happens to Kenny Lawler or Dalton Schoen. I like where we are at with the choices we made.

as do I....It seems to be working out just fine and $$ wise will allow us to tweak/add....and also allowed us to maintain.....Ellingson is still the real deal...can make the wow catches just like Lawler....and I think Schoen is gonna be even better than the real Duke in the CFL....and thats saying something.....he looks like a guy who been up here for several yrs already, and if he puts back to back seasons here together like he is so far....may be trying the NFL in 2024

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. I did not mean to indicate he doesn't have a bright future. I just think opposing DCs will make life a lot rougher for him now and he will experience the inevitable growing pains.

And that's where game experience comes in.  When the initial paly is called and is breaking down, that experience allows the QB to ad lib a play where he can anticipate his receivers' reaction.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rourke is alreafdy better than the Faj....hands down.....Rourke also prob has one the best arms in the league...hands down, and is probabaly one of the better mobile QB's for using legs to get 1st downs....but......young, and very green still, and yes....book is out now....with pressure and taking away that quick first hot read, and making him move in pocket, and mix up coverages...especially when a team schemes to match their tendencies, he is gonna struggle....like most will.

The question now is he at his zenith in processing quickly, and understanding and able to adapt....or does he have more room to grow and adapt?....if he stays the course as is for now he will be good....and bad....but far from elite and second coming....growing and learning curve is now in effect....lets see how it plays out....and you wont get numerous circus catches game in and game out to rely on...that will dry up, and in long run prob be an achilles heal for him.....

Dude can sling the ball...no doubt about it....best long ball I've seen in many years. The game will have to slow down for him though. It will take a while.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

as do I....It seems to be working out just fine and $$ wise will allow us to tweak/add....and also allowed us to maintain.....Ellingson is still the real deal...can make the wow catches just like Lawler....and I think Schoen is gonna be even better than the real Duke in the CFL....and thats saying something.....he looks like a guy who been up here for several yrs already, and if he puts back to back seasons here together like he is so far....may be trying the NFL in 2024

He reminds me a lot of Zylstra. 

Just now, Booch said:

Shoen, Wolitarski and Ellingson are almost clones of each other. Big but not huge, disciplined route-runners, able to read defences on the fly and possessors of very good hands. It would be very helpful if Bailey was a deep threat but if every receiver (including our RBs) are threats to break off a 10-20 yard reception, maybe we do not need a speed merchant.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And that's where game experience comes in.  When the initial paly is called and is breaking down, that experience allows the QB to ad lib a play where he can anticipate his receivers' reaction.

It will come to him the more he plays, he's not there yet.