Week One Ottawa Vs Winnipeg

Jpan85

Tait: Ellingson

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/06/06/im-loving-it-here-ellingson-settling-in/

"He’s big. That’s one of the things,” O’Shea said. “Until you stand beside him… I remember standing beside him and Brad Sinopoli years ago (when he and Ellingson were teammates in Ottawa) and going, ‘Look at these two guys.’ Then you forget and then he comes into the building and you go ‘Yup, that’s right. He’s big. Really big.’ Other than that, one of the things I’ve really enjoyed so far is just talking the game with him. He reminds me of Weston.”"

yeah baby!

how many head coaches sit around an talk football with players?

maybe lots do, dont actually know.

Tait is very good. 

Edited by Mark F

33 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Tait: Ellingson

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/06/06/im-loving-it-here-ellingson-settling-in/

"He’s big. That’s one of the things,” O’Shea said. “Until you stand beside him… I remember standing beside him and Brad Sinopoli years ago (when he and Ellingson were teammates in Ottawa) and going, ‘Look at these two guys.’ Then you forget and then he comes into the building and you go ‘Yup, that’s right. He’s big. Really big.’ Other than that, one of the things I’ve really enjoyed so far is just talking the game with him. He reminds me of Weston.”"

yeah baby!

Tait is very good. 

Big usually means durable and Ellingson does not seem to have been injured often.

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

I've always admired Ellingson.....he was/is always a dependable go to guy.....Looking forward to seeing Zack and him do their thing down the field....Once the rest of our receiving crew starts to gell .....look out ...the 3 peat is on

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man Showing Three Fingers on White Background Stock Image - Image of  isolated, showing: 137977011What Is Peat and What Does It Have to Do With Whisky? - Thrillist

29 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

LETS    Fu$#*#g GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

31 minutes ago, Stickem said:

he was/is always a dependable go to guy.

He Finds the open spots.

Only having observed football..... I have never understood how some guys, not that many, have that ability.

Like Dressler. 

Edited by Mark F

33 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I think we win but I don't think we blow Ottawa out. They started out very scary last year with that defense but fizzled fast because they had no offense to keep the D off the field. Something along the lines of like 24-16 final I'm calling.

First game of the year is always a bit of a dog's breakfast, as everyone tries to get in sync. Just give me a check mark in the W column and the 2pts and I'm good. Doesn't have to be pretty. 

thinking we handle them rather easily soley due to cohesion and the fact we basically hitting ground running...everyone on offence...save for a rook receiver was here last yr on offence, heck basically here since 2019 cup and Ellingson is a vet, knows the league...knows his QB...same on defence...bulk of the team is back..Glass is a vet and we faired quite well with 2 raw rookies last yr....team being pumped....crazy crowd noise....Ottawa will be in very tough

4 hours ago, Nolby said:

I think we win but I don't think we blow Ottawa out. They started out very scary last year with that defense but fizzled fast because they had no offense to keep the D off the field. Something along the lines of like 24-16 final I'm calling.

Offence started off slow last year too.

43 minutes ago, BBlink said:

DIs: L.B. Mack, Malik Clements, Demerio Houston, Janarion Grant?

If they start two Canadians on D then they could get another American on the roster which I guess would be Ricky Walker

18 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

If they start two Canadians on D then they could get another American on the roster which I guess would be Ricky Walker

I don't think that's how that works. There's roster makeup rules and there's starting rules. DIs are related to the starting rules in that they can come in for any starting American. If you are starting an extra Canadian then they could theoretically come in for them too (would essentially just mean that the American started in the first place) 

There is a hard cap of how many Americans can be on the roster period (I think 20). Tho you can have less.

The DI isn't really an official construct. It just stems from the fact that if you have 23 starting positions (minus the QB) and only 16 can be American then, then there are 4 leftover Americans that aren't starting (DI) 

Sorry if you already know this and I misinterpreted what you said. This was mostly an exercise for me

I also apologize if I'm dead set wrong. Can be confusing

TL;DR Ricky Walker would have to be among the 20 American players on the roster, regardless of who is starting.

Edited by BBlink

4 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

While true, I’m hoping for a good start on offence.  Another year in Buck’s system, plus the narrower hash marks should add a definite x-factor to the plays they roll out.

Collaros with zero reps in the pre-season tells me we should be patient with the offense. He hasn't seen real action in 6 months, so there'll be some rust to shake off, especially with the timing.

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No idea why O'Shea didn't give Collaros at least a quarter last game to shake things out before the season started. Yeah, there's concern about injuries but you can't worry about that. He needs playing time. 

I believe it was because we were not bringing our starting oline, no way O'shea wanted to risk Zac in that situation...

Suggestion for name if they decide they dont like redblacks

"Ottawa panelists."

🙂

anywho....my recollections are that Benevides is a good defensive coach.

should be a decent game by their D.

Edited by Mark F