Week One Ottawa Vs Winnipeg

Jpan85

Just now, BBlink said:

I did not know that we could dress a 3rd QB designated as a QB. I don't think it says that on the CFL website. I'm once again confused by the CFL roster rules. 

You along with everyone else. The roster rules in the CFL are so needlessly confusing, especially when it changes every time you finally get used to them. 

15 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Two reserves last year for a 44 man game day roster.

I thought that was two years ago lol 

21 hours ago, Noeller said:

I will absolutely track you down, bruh.... gonna be awesome. We're going to hit up as many breweries as possible between 11am-kickoff on Friday. I'm going to really try and not be a staggering mess by the time the game starts. Ha ha. Going to be  just a fantastic weekend. 

I'm figuratively on my knees begging you to regularly post as you do this so we can guess the progression of beer intake based on your posts. 🙂

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm figuratively on my knees begging you to regularly post as you do this so we can guess the progression of beer intake based on your posts. 🙂

I 100% will be posting as I go... gonna be a time! :)

Getting in at about 10:30 tonight and we've already got a case of 1919 in the fridge of the place we're crashing at. I'm daydreaming about how good that's going to taste tonight. Ha ha. 

Edited by Noeller

56 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I did not know that we could dress a 3rd QB designated as a QB. I don't think it says that on the CFL website. I'm once again confused by the CFL roster rules. 

I don't think you can. If you could, you would designate a starting import as a 3rd string QB because QB's don't fall under regular ratio rules. Now you have an extra starting import and 6 starting NI's.

cfl.ca says maximum of 2 QB's, no designation, but that was posted in 2020. I couldn't find anything that says 3 QB's are allowed.

55 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Forget Vegas, I am planning a long road trip to see games in Birmingham and Shreveport.

I'm thinking Vegas Sacramento then cross country to Baltimore to watch the stALlionS 

That David Archer kid looks good. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Jacob Ruby is an absolute turnstile.... that OL isn't good, outside of their LT. Really surprised by Jeffcoat being out. As mentioned, Willie is going to see doubles (at minimum) all night, so in theory Mack has room out there...

Turnstile has to be one of the best all time names to describe an offensive lineman. Still makes me chuckle whenever I see it. I think the Riders had a guy back in the early 2000's that they always referred to as Turnstile Thomas, but I forget his first name.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

Turnstile has to be one of the best all time names to describe an offensive lineman. Still makes me chuckle whenever I see it. I think the Riders had a guy back in the early 2000's that they always referred to as Turnstile Thomas, but I forget his first name.

His name was Turnstile Thomas 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I guess Dobsen isn't dressed due to his lack of ability to play several position on the offensive line. 

He can but expecting that of a rookie is asking a lot. They really seem to like kola I suspect it’s hits locker room fit. 

34 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Thought we could dress two Globals as well.  The 7th OL could be useful.

we can I thought we had to this year. 

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

snafu 

33 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I like The Matador as a handle too. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think you can. If you could, you would designate a starting import as a 3rd string QB because QB's don't fall under regular ratio rules. Now you have an extra starting import and 6 starting NI's.

cfl.ca says maximum of 2 QB's, no designation, but that was posted in 2020. I couldn't find anything that says 3 QB's are allowed.

From the 2022 rule book (https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/2022-Rule-Book.pdf):

Article 5 – Designated Quarterback Prior to the game, each team is required to designate two or three Designated Quarterbacks. These players can substitute freely for each other during the game at the Quarterback position. A maximum of two of these players may be in the game at the same time. No Designated Quarterback can enter the game as a member of Team B.

28 minutes ago, Sard said:

From the 2022 rule book (https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/2022-Rule-Book.pdf):

Article 5 – Designated Quarterback Prior to the game, each team is required to designate two or three Designated Quarterbacks. These players can substitute freely for each other during the game at the Quarterback position. A maximum of two of these players may be in the game at the same time. No Designated Quarterback can enter the game as a member of Team B.

Perfect. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks.

As QB's are neither NI's or Imp's, you can get an extra Imp on offence when you have 2 QB's on the field. Example: Streveler in for a NI RB would be fine.