Week One Ottawa Vs Winnipeg

Jpan85

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Perfect. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks.

As QB's are neither NI's or Imp's, you can get an extra Imp on offence when you have 2 QB's on the field. Example: Streveler in for a NI RB would be fine.

Would it? I thought you must have 7 Canadian starters. Wouldn't removing a Canadian for a QB break that rule? There are no rules about how many Americans you need to have on the field so I'd assume an American would have to come out.

22 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Would it? I thought you must have 7 Canadian starters. Wouldn't removing a Canadian for a QB break that rule? There are no rules about how many Americans you need to have on the field so I'd assume an American would have to come out.

I agree based on how I understand the rules to work... that being said, there doesn't seem to be anything in the 2022 rules about the ratio or starters in general.  It may just be something that's in the CBA.

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm figuratively on my knees begging you to regularly post as you do this so we can guess the progression of beer intake based on your posts. 🙂

Used to track booze consumption in the chat when it was still used. Pretty funny sometimes. Some incoherent posts that were just cursing, but too loaded to type

Edited by Mark F

23 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I looked through the 2019 CBA because I couldn't find the 2022 one and there is no mention of the minimum number of NI's required. I think the 7 NI's came from the Maximum number of Imports allowed on the field (20 American's including 4 DI's=16 Starters) . As QB's aren't imports by definition, they should be allowed using that definition.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I looked through the 2019 CBA because I couldn't find the 2022 one and there is no mention of the minimum number of NI's required. I think the 7 NI's came from the Maximum number of Imports allowed on the field (20 American's including 4 DI's=16 Starters) . As QB's aren't imports by definition, they should be allowed using that definition.

This is exactly it. There are no minimums for Canadians,  only maximums for Americans which leads to minimum numbers for Canadians. 

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Used to track booze consumption in the chat when it was still used. Pretty funny sometimes. Some incoherent posts that were just cursing, but too loaded to type

I’ve been guilty of incoherent posts without being able to use the excuse of excessive intake of alcohol. Self-awareness is a good thing. :)

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

https://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-ratio/

Not at all what this says though (explicitly mentions starting nationals) 

From your link, here is the relevant bit.....

Of the 46 players named to the roster, each team may dress an active roster of 45 players, broken down as follows:

• Maximum of 2 QBs (no designation)
  • Maximum of 20 American players (4 of which must be identified as designated Americans)
  • Minimum of 21 National players
  • Minimum of 2 Global players

Therefore you get a "minimum" but that is simply due to the maximums placed on Americans.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Of the 46 players named to the roster, each team may dress an active roster of 45 players, broken down as follows:

• Maximum of 20 American players (4 of which must be identified as designated Americans)

Therefore you get a "minimum" but that is simply due to the maximums placed on Americans.

Those are the old rules from last year because we know that they are allowed 3 QBs this year. 

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Thats the roster breakdown. This part specifically mentions 7 Canadian  starters:

Of the 24 starters on a team, a minimum of seven starters will be nationals players. When applied to a starting roster of a team it breaks down as follows (when using the minimum number of national players):

• 1 QB
  • 16 American players
  • 7 starting national players
Edited by BBlink

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Thats the roster breakdown. This part specifically mentions 7 Canadian  starters:

Of the 24 starters on a team, a minimum of seven starters will be nationals players. When applied to a starting roster of a team it breaks down as follows (when using the minimum number of national players):

• 1 QB
  • 16 American players

20 Americans - 4 DI's gives you the 7 Canadian starters.

The DI's can't start.

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

• 1 QB
  • 16 American players

Everything on that page is old rules though, nobody's found the new roster rules yet. 

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

• 1 QB
  • 16 American players

Yeah and the breakdown only happens because of the roster rules, which specify the maximum number of American players. It's not that they said you must start 7 national players, they said you can only have 20 americans + the 4 DIs which leaves..... 7 national starters. 

Yes this is a pedantic argument but technically correct is the best kind of correct. 

6 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Not sure why I am just thinking about this now. But when is the last time the CFL didn’t start with the Grey cup rematch game? Should we not have played Hamilton to start the season? 

Yes normally, but we hadn't played Ottawa since 2019 so I assume that's why we got them first week

34 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Yes normally, but we hadn't played Ottawa since 2019 so I assume that's why we got them first week

Not sure if teams submit a “wish list” to schedule makers before the season schedule is set, but ticket sales will never be higher for WBB vs Ott. than with this game. Banner raising/season opener might get more people out than you could otherwise reasonably expect against them. 
Why the rematch next week? Who knows. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who's that Calvillo guy in Vegas? The rookie won't get 200 yards passing in his career. He'll never play long enough to be the CFL's all time leading passer. 

Hey he almost did go bust in Hammy, it's hard to believe he almost didn't make it as a QB....

On 2022-06-08 at 3:22 PM, Mike said:

I don’t personally have a problem with him sharing the content, we wouldn’t care if it was someone like Derek Taylor or Darrin Bauming so not sure why we’d be bothered about this.

That being said, I tried and I just can’t really get into the fan podcasts or community. I’m just personally not big on the majority of the social media following our fanbase seems to have these days. I read Bomber Twitter sometimes and it’s just really not for me … between the guy who is tweeting about being the reason SJ Green dropped a game winning TD, the dude who thinks he’s Willie Jefferson’s best friend or even the dude who was on this podcast going on and on about his costume … I don’t know man.

Haha, Donny tried to bring it up on Twitter and SJ smacked it down.