Week One Ottawa Vs Winnipeg

Jpan85

8 hours ago, BBlink said:

I don't think that's how that works. There's roster makeup rules and there's starting rules. DIs are related to the starting rules in that they can come in for any starting American. If you are starting an extra Canadian then they could theoretically come in for them too (would essentially just mean that the American started in the first place) 

There is a hard cap of how many Americans can be on the roster period (I think 20). Tho you can have less.

The DI isn't really an official construct. It just stems from the fact that if you have 23 starting positions (minus the QB) and only 16 can be American then, then there are 4 leftover Americans that aren't starting (DI) 

Sorry if you already know this and I misinterpreted what you said. This was mostly an exercise for me

I also apologize if I'm dead set wrong. Can be confusing

TL;DR Ricky Walker would have to be among the 20 American players on the roster, regardless of who is starting.

Think of it this way - they could just easily name Ricky Walker the starter at DT and it’s all the same. The roster rules are too convoluted but if we “start” 8 Canadians, that leaves us 5 leftover Americans to substitute.

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Think of it this way - they could just easily name Ricky Walker the starter at DT and it’s all the same. The roster rules are too convoluted but if we “start” 8 Canadians, that leaves us 5 leftover Americans to substitute.

In this case, they would be starting Walker instead of Thomas (beside Sayles) with Thomas and Lawson subbing in... and Thompson starting at S... correct? 

On 2022-06-06 at 7:39 PM, Rod Black said:

Tre Hornbuckle

Has a brother, running back, name is "counter "

(Everybody has an area of expertise, me..puns.)

could have gone with

"which o lineman will counter trey horngickle."

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Isn't there already a thread to hawk your wares in? 

Pet peeve of mine is when people use message boards for free advertising. 

It's a Bomber podcast. We post links to articles and things all the time.

I don’t personally have a problem with him sharing the content, we wouldn’t care if it was someone like Derek Taylor or Darrin Bauming so not sure why we’d be bothered about this.

That being said, I tried and I just can’t really get into the fan podcasts or community. I’m just personally not big on the majority of the social media following our fanbase seems to have these days. I read Bomber Twitter sometimes and it’s just really not for me … between the guy who is tweeting about being the reason SJ Green dropped a game winning TD, the dude who thinks he’s Willie Jefferson’s best friend or even the dude who was on this podcast going on and on about his costume … I don’t know man.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

That being said, I tried and I just can’t really get into the fan podcasts or community. I’m just personally not big on the majority of the social media following our fanbase seems to have these days. I read Bomber Twitter sometimes and it’s just really not for me … between the guy who is tweeting about being the reason SJ Green dropped a game winning TD, the dude who thinks he’s Willie Jefferson’s best friend or even the dude who was on this podcast going on and on about his costume … I don’t know man.

👆👆

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

👆👆

Jesus Christ I made one comment about the guy talking about SJ Green and now my Twitter mentions are going insane.

Bomber Twitter is a scary, scary place. 

I’ll just say it here for @Zach Schnitzer so my Twitter notifications can stop … your friends are not the reason players drop passes. Your friends are supporters, loyal passionate ones at that. But yikes at this “this individual fan is basically our 13th man” stuff … that’s the kind of glue the Rider fans sniff. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Jesus Christ I made one comment about the guy talking about SJ Green and now my Twitter mentions are going insane.

I'm not going to stand on some moral high ground, because I go crazy with the #Bombers #FortHew #DefendTheFort thing, but I know that I'm on the saner side of things. There are some absolute nutjobs who go way off the deep end. 

And the fan podcast thing.....I don't want to take away from anyone out there trying to do their thing and having fun.......but as someone who works in "mainstream media", my nose is turned up pretty hard at all the podcasts out there. Even Andrew Patterson, who I know is a really nice guy and works super hard.....ehhhhhhhhhh. That's just not for me. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Now I sorta want to know Mike's twitter handle to see the comments.

Back to topic: I am pumped for Friday.

I am also pumped for Friday

Also, @Noeller I know you’re coming in for the game so if you’re still here on Saturday, swing by Kilter. I’ll be working the beer garden until like 4 😂

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I am also pumped for Friday

Also, @Noeller I know you’re coming in for the game so if you’re still here on Saturday, swing by Kilter. I’ll be working the beer garden until like 4 😂

My wife is possibly more excited for Kilterpalooza on Saturday than she is for the game. A buddy of mine, who's kinda the face of Fort Whyte Alive, does a bunch of "outdoor brewing" stuff (like brewing over a fire) with Kilter, so we're meeting up with him and some others. I'm not sure we'll be there by 4, but we're definitely coming at some point. It's gonna be a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

My wife is possibly more excited for Kilterpalooza on Saturday than she is for the game. A buddy of mine, who's kinda the face of Fort Whyte Alive, does a bunch of "outdoor brewing" stuff (like brewing over a fire) with Kilter, so we're meeting up with him and some others. I'm not sure we'll be there by 4, but we're definitely coming at some point. It's gonna be a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! 

I’ll be in the building the rest of the night too I’m sure, I just know I volunteered to help them out until around 4

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’ll just say it here for @Zach Schnitzer so my Twitter notifications can stop … your friends are not the reason players drop passes. Your friends are supporters, loyal passionate ones at that. But yikes at this “this individual fan is basically our 13th man” stuff … that’s the kind of glue the Rider fans sniff. 

All good folks. I'm no pro, nor do I pretend to be. Just having fun on Youtube. Totally get it if it's not your thing and I would never measure myself against someone in mainstream media. That being said, I do believe that Don AKA Sign Guy was in part responsible for getting in SJ's head. We can't prove it was the straw there but I do believe he gets into guys' kitchens once in awhile. Do I think that has a significant impact on the game, day in and day out? No. 

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’ll be in the building the rest of the night too I’m sure, I just know I volunteered to help them out until around 4

I will absolutely track you down, bruh.... gonna be awesome. We're going to hit up as many breweries as possible between 11am-kickoff on Friday. I'm going to really try and not be a staggering mess by the time the game starts. Ha ha. Going to be  just a fantastic weekend. 

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Twitter can be kind of gross if you fall into the wrong echo chamber and you're the one dissenting voice. This goes for sports/politics/whatever. People can be really shitty when they know they have 100 other people nearby that agree with them.

As with all social media, curating your feed is crucial. Mute, Unfollow, whatever.... get rid of the voices that are a drag. Call it an echo chamber, but whatever keeps you sane. You are absolutely correct about being careful not to fall into the wrong one. 

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Ha! I’ll be there too boys, it was the ladies idea to go there before the game on Friday. 

Well, we're going to have some fun at Kilter on Sat! I'll likely be in a grey GC107 Champs hat and some kinda Bombers shirt, I would bet....