2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

46 minutes ago, JCon said:

We're trusting this franchise to put on the GC this year? What a shitshow disaster this is going to be. At least there are so few rooms in Regina that very few out-of-towners will be there. 

Still not certain why Duke was allowed to play on Saturday? The whiniest fanbase gets all the breaks and still cry. 

It blows my mind that a guy crossing midfield is grounds to get his head cracked open.

How is this even remotely logical?

The Riders have zero interest in playing Saturday. 

They will for sure find “new cases”

“If the Riders play on Saturday, they have the option of using free agents or practice roster players from other teams to fill any positions they need. O’Day said this is something the team is considering, but hasn’t acted on yet.”

O’Day just found a way to have other teams do his job 

Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

“If the Riders play on Saturday, they have the option of using free agents or practice roster players from other teams to fill any positions they need. O’Day said this is something the team is considering, but hasn’t acted on yet.”

Could you imagine being a practice roster player on another team and being "asked" to play for the plagueship?  

It would be thanks but ... I'll take my chances on the PR.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Odd that they would allow other teams to come in and possibly get Covid and brining it back to their perspective teams which could put the entire league in jeopardy. How about they just play with what they have or forfeit the game.  

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

Could you imagine being a practice roster player on another team and being "asked" to play for the plagueship?  

It would be thanks but ... I'll take my chances on the PR.

Not only that but being asked to do so on a brand new team, without any knowledge of their terminology, with zero practice and not even meeting the guys you are playing with. There is zero chance any one of those guys can seize this opportunity....can only be a recipe for looking bad.

6 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Odd that they would allow other teams to come in and possibly get Covid and brining it back to their perspective teams which could put the entire league in jeopardy. How about they just play with what they have or forfeit the game.  

Well obviously these PR players wouldn’t then go back to their team 

I’m glad Fajardo is resting so he can heal up for Labour Day. I don’t want to face any other QB

That's an attractive sales pitch if I've ever heard one. Come join us in Saskatchewan, the embarrassment of the league.  It will just be for a quick time while our entire organization is plagued by Covid. Don't worry, as soon as our starters get healthy we'll cut you!

Edited by Blue_Dragoon

10 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Were you there? My point is that in leagues like the CFL and even the NHL, up until the early 80's, there wasn't a ton of onus put on physical conditioning like there is now. I am sure that 30lbs overweight coming into camp is an overstatement, but it was literally nothing to see athletes like Dale Hawerchuk, Phil Housley, or Thomas Steen ducking out of the dressing room between periods to go have a smoke down the tunnel. Blink Roberts would be an example of the same in the CFL. I'm sure the hoggies still eat as many burgers and beers now as back in the 80's, but I doubt any other position group is even remotely in the same conditioning then as they are now.

Were you?? Blink played in the 2000's. not the 80's. So there goes that theory. You know what? You win. I have better things to do then get caught up in a merry go round argument like this? 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n3hk6ss3sghajpf3hn

Edited by SpeedFlex27

24 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

This is just my assumption - a player was carrying the virus while they flew and it spread. 

Not sure on that, just seems likely

Ah yes ..maybe that eh? I figured it was obtained there out on the coast