2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

39 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

This was always a fun time but happened Friday evening before a Sunday race, If I remember correctly it included a free draft beer too. (I was high school age so can't 100% confirm or deny that...)

Ok, 36 hours then. Point being, pasta used to be acceptable pregame fare for athletes.

RF.com thinks Spitty  McEyegouge-Helmet-thrower is getting a heavy handed punishment 😂

”What about the punch?” that tough guy  Duke went down easy from and immediately looked at the ref for in true soccer style. Getting slapped is the same as a helmet thrown at your face.

Just 4 functioning brain cells in that whole Province. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

RF.com thinks Spitty  McEyegouge-Helmet-thrower is getting a heavy handed punishment 😂

”What about the punch?” that tough guy  Duke went down easy from and immediately looked at the ref for in true soccer style. Getting slapped is the same as a helmet thrown at your face.

"we are victims of a hate crime by the cfl"

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He's been back not even a full yr and picked up 3 new nicknames

1 minute ago, Mr. Perfect said:

They have a practice roster, right? No excuse to postpone the game. Utilize that if you need. Hydrate, take your multi vitamins, eat right, blow your nose when you need to and carry on with the show.

Yup. Now they get a free bye week to heal up.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Yeah that's a pathetic reason to postpone...that's why u have a PR....utilize it...just an excuse...after a compliant...over by and over...buck up and be a professional franchise

Just now, Geebrr said:

This franchise is just fail after fail after fail. 

Didn’t we just beat the piss out of BC on the road with one day of practice? 

😂

Yup...and then same with t.o...then CGy..one real practice basically between each of those games over 12 days...Riders always complaining and looking for an excuse

49 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

They have a practice roster, right? No excuse to postpone the game. Utilize that if you need. Hydrate, take your multi vitamins, eat right, blow your nose when you need to and carry on with the show.

Eat some spaghetti before the game and they'll be good to go.

13 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Hawerchuk smoked 2 packs a day and the extent of his off season workout regimen was playing summer beer league in Gimli. I know, I played on his team. That guy would have been ridiculous if he had trained, ate right, not smoked.

What does what Dale Hawerchuk smoking & beer drinking have to do with what players from the Bombers did to prepare for the season? Two different sports. In 1984, players in the CFL didn't show up to training camp 30 lbs overweight. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What does what Dale Hawerchuk smoking & beer drinking have to do with what players from the Bombers did to prepare for the season? Two different sports. In 1984, players in the CFL didn't show up to training camp 30 lbs overweight. 

But not as fit as players in 2022.

44 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

But not as fit as players in 2022.

For their time, they were fit. You can't compare eras as well as you can't compare what hockey players did in comparison to football. 

16 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Hawerchuk smoked 2 packs a day and the extent of his off season workout regimen was playing summer beer league in Gimli. I know, I played on his team. That guy would have been ridiculous if he had trained, ate right, not smoked.

Hate to say it but Dale died in his 50's. From cancer. 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Were you there? My point is that in leagues like the CFL and even the NHL, up until the early 80's, there wasn't a ton of onus put on physical conditioning like there is now. I am sure that 30lbs overweight coming into camp is an overstatement, but it was literally nothing to see athletes like Dale Hawerchuk, Phil Housley, or Thomas Steen ducking out of the dressing room between periods to go have a smoke down the tunnel. Blink Roberts would be an example of the same in the CFL. I'm sure the hoggies still eat as many burgers and beers now as back in the 80's, but I doubt any other position group is even remotely in the same conditioning then as they are now.

We're trusting this franchise to put on the GC this year? What a shitshow disaster this is going to be. At least there are so few rooms in Regina that very few out-of-towners will be there. 

Still not certain why Duke was allowed to play on Saturday? The whiniest fanbase gets all the breaks and still cry. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

For their time, they were fit. You can't compare eras as well as you can't compare what hockey players did in comparison to football. 

Hate to say it but Dale died in his 50's. From cancer. 

I know he died of cancer. My point was that in that era professional athletes could live a different lifestyle and still have success compared to now. The example transcends what sport I am using to illustrate my point. There are numerous examples in every professional sport in that era, including the CFL, where players were routinely out of shape until TC, smoked, ate badly, did little to no physical training. That could never happen in any pro league now, you wouldn't make it out of day 1 training camp.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Might as well forfeit with Covid and no Duke.

Should be a forfeit, but the Criders will likely get their game postponed. I would hope the league will make sure this "outbreak" is real as the timing is very convenient with the RIders QB being a lame duck right now.