2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

Dickenson went so far as to tweet that he feels that the 4 games in excessive punishment and that he hopes Marino appeals it. Gotta love it when a HC, who has completely lost control of his dressing room's discipline, gets a golden opportunity to change that and instead opts to double down on his stupidity. Never change Dickie....never change. I love it that the RIders are asshats, because asshats don't win big games.

14 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Their radio guy is also using the same excuse...  trash organization, inside and out.

Ballsy is easily the worst commentator in the history of the CFL. His personal views on covid are just a nightmare and I am sure he will reveal that he is a flat earther in an upcoming game. Embarrassing. This guy is seriously the best they could find?  No wonder Taylor jumped ship first chance he got. lmao

Edited by GCn20

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Ballsy is easily the worst commentator in the history of the CFL. His personal views on covid are just a nightmare and I am sure he will reveal that he is a flat earther in an upcoming game. Embarrassing. This guy is seriously the best they could find?  No wonder Taylor jumped ship first chance he got. lmao

Given DT's comments when Balsy was hired, guy is a bully too.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Unless something has changed, two games is the maximum allowable under the CBA. 

Incredible. Can’t believe he could be that stupid.

Was going to say this.

I think we can all agree that Marino deserves a larger penalty but the League’s hands are somewhat tied by the CBA.  

That said, I’m encouraged that they didn’t lump the entire incident into one “punishable offence” and did what they could to ice this clown.

33 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Was just thinking the same thing about DT... he could've taken a pay cut to come here (probably didn't)... and it would still be a massive promotion...

As for The ass clown Marino... the guy has played 13 games in the CFL... he's been ejected twice, fined twice (correct me if I'm wrong on that one, might be mistaken) and now received the longest suspension in CFL history... in THIRTEEN GAMES!... that's just 2/3 of ONE SEASON.... get this trash out of our league for good... 

4 games is more than I expected. I like that the added on 2 additional games for differing reasons. Best they could do, altho not enough for the hits. Marino will be Dyson'd out of the CFL by the end of the year. Refs will be watching him like a hawk & Riders fans will whine every time he takes a penalty.

38 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

4 games is more than I expected. I like that the added on 2 additional games for differing reasons. Best they could do, altho not enough for the hits. Marino will be Dyson'd out of the CFL by the end of the year. Refs will be watching him like a hawk & Riders fans will whine every time he takes a penalty.

true...and don't they whine and use the it's cause it's the Rider's on pretty much everything??..they have this mindset that it has to be tougher on the Riders cause they are so much better than everyone and it's a leveling of the the playing field move....stupidest fan base....ever

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Was going to say this.

I think we can all agree that Marino deserves a larger penalty but the League’s hands are somewhat tied by the CBA.  

That said, I’m encouraged that they didn’t lump the entire incident into one “punishable offence” and did what they could to ice this clown.

At the CFLPA site there is a message that the CFL has a zero tolerance policy for racist issues. Of course policies can be grieved. 

Without being able to view a current collective agreement and determine if there is in fact a 2 game maximum suspension for discipline, questions arise.

Given termination and suspension are both disciplinary actions. How can a player be terminated for cause if maximum suspension 2 games? 

Fact basis in a previous C.A., how did Argonauts Chris Edwards receive a 6 game suspension for an incident with the fans, and then the grievance process resulted in a 3 game suspension if the current limit is 2 games? Arbitration citing: https://cflpa.com/mr-7-5-22/

Edit: have found previous C.A. https://media.cfldb.ca/documents/cfl-cflpa-collective-agreement-2019.pdf

Older standard player contract mentioned in C.A. https://www.prosportsgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/cfl-k.pdf   Section 9 gives very broad termination authority to the coach or g.m.

neither document mentions a two game suspension limit. Stipulation could be in an appendix or letter of understanding. 

but no current docs are available online. This isn’t unusual since the new C.A. was only signed in May. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Dickenson went so far as to tweet that he feels that the 4 games in excessive punishment and that he hopes Marino appeals it. Gotta love it when a HC, who has completely lost control of his dressing room's discipline, gets a golden opportunity to change that and instead opts to double down on his stupidity. Never change Dickie....never change. I love it that the RIders are asshats, because asshats don't win big games.

He gives empty words about “not being happy about it” but qualifies it with “I don’t think he really meant to do it” and “he is engaged to a black chick so he can’t be racist” 

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Why the hell would you crawling across the field to dive at the legs of an OL? 

Just happened to be after the Robertson injury. Just a coincidence right, Craig? I have honestly never seen anything like that, so ******* blatant. 

Agreed.  I don’t think that ‘play’ is getting enough attention.  It shows where his head was at prior to the hit on Masoli.  Didn’t mean to do it?  Complete BS.  If it was an accident, please explain his antics afterwards.  Sure doesn’t look like the behaviour of a guy who made a mistake.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yeah and the player isn't exactly Doug Brown.  Why bother with all this?  Cut the guy and bring the next one in.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah and the player isn't exactly Doug Brown.  Why bother with all this?  Cut the guy and bring the next one in.

That's what I'm wondering too. I didn't realize the clown has only played 12 games....12...he gets ejected every 6 games. Never mind the other penalties he's taken. I don't see the appeal to keeping him around outside of trying to appease a locker room.

@Stats Junkie do you know of any websites that collect data on individual penalty yards? 

Edited by Bigblue204

It crossed my mind several days ago that the entire Sk team, including coaches, could have taken the incident as a lesson. Should they have taken the opportunity it could have taught them to focus on personal performance. That is suppose to be the purpose of discipline, “to teach”. They could have perhaps been a better team. It was a concern they might get better. But nope, they don’t get it. Someone said it here recently and thats why the hillbillies won’t win, 
Our players and coaches, surely demonstrate and understand execution and what focus and responsibility for personal performance amounts too. throwing a ball side arm while in horizontal flight and clutch completions for 1st downs or TD’s are examples. 

I think an interesting point was brought up that suggests the league will Brandon Dyson him out of the league. I can see that happening. The Riders will pay for not doing the right thing when they had a chance because Marino will either be a penalty magnet that extends every drive, or be rendered ineffectual because of how close he is being monitored. Surely Dickenson et al must know this is coming? I can't believe how thick little DIckie can be sometimes. Mind blowing really.

Edited by GCn20

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's what I'm wondering too. I didn't realize the clown has only played 12 games....12...he gets ejected every 6 games. Never mind the other penalties he's taken. I don't see the appeal to keeping him around outside of trying to appease a locker room.

@Stats Junkie do you know of any websites that collect data on individual penalty yards? 

Here is all his penalties over the last two seasons:

Season Week Penalty Yards Against
2021 1 Offside 5 BC
2021 2 Roughness, General 15 Hamilton
2021 2 Offside 5 Hamilton
2021 6 Roughplay Disqualified 25 Winnipeg
2021 16 Roughing The Passer 14 Hamilton
2021 16 Roughness, General 12 Hamilton
2022 2 Objectionable Conduct 10 Edmonton
2022 3 Roughing The Passer 13 Montreal
2022 5 Holding 10 Ottawa
2022 5 Roughplay Disqualified 15 Ottawa