2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

This fanboard has been up in arms all season about the lack of discipline by those idiots. It took a serious possibly season ending injury for the league to take action. Obviously the the stink of the boorish behaviour permeates the entire team. Further transgressions by team members of the SK crew should be met with swift and firm discipline by the league.  

Edited by Rod Black

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

In fairness to the league, it IS the biggest suspension they have ever handed down apparently.... 

Because they split the punishment into different crimes, it is not. He received a two game suspension for the hit.

The fact that they were unwilling to raise the minimum suspension for a repeat offender (in only 12 games played) is baffling to me.

Now that they've reinforced the precedent of two-games, are we going to see it again the next time he takes a player out for the season?

Not to mention the one game suspension for making insults/comments about Masoli's heritage. "Diversity is Strength" my ass. 

47 minutes ago, Tracker said:

No doubt Marino will be a marked man and out of the league by the end of the year. Okay- maybe Chris Jones might pick him up.

You can rag on Jones for his questionable morals but it's the Riders that know who this trash is, knows he tries to hurt people and know is a racist piece of crap but they keep him on payroll and defend him.  

Let's make sure the finger points in the right direction. 

26 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Well he may need a new QB soon. 

Will Dickenson impose a one game on top of the 4 or was that just empty threats as he knew the league would be coming down on him? 

Empty for sure....and if they even dress him again it's pathetic 

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/11/redblacks-acquire-arbuckle-in-trade-with-elks/

Elks get a 4th rounder for Arbuckle in 2023 draft

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Because they split the punishment into different crimes, it is not. He received a two game suspension for the hit.

The fact that they were unwilling to raise the minimum suspension for a repeat offender (in only 12 games played) is baffling to me.

Now that they've reinforced the precedent of two-games, are we going to see it again the next time he takes a player out for the season?

Not to mention the one game suspension for making insults/comments about Masoli's heritage. "Diversity is Strength" my ass. 

The 1 game suspension is a step in the right direction. Khalif Mitchell only got a fine for a racist tweet. 

10 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Well he may need a new QB soon. 

Will Dickenson impose a one game on top of the 4 or was that just empty threats as he knew the league would be coming down on him? 

10 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Bet ya he does **** all. 

These were post suspension ideas. Turns out the coach made it worse. 

10 hours ago, Jesse said:

Unless something has changed, two games is the maximum allowable under the CBA. 

44 minutes ago, Jesse said:

omg, Craig. Just oblivious. 

Incredible. Can’t believe he could be that stupid.

11 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Once again the rider org will fail to meet any reasonable standard of accountability. 

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

The racist thing may be worse than the hit. There was enough evidence of him saying racist things that they could suspend him, must have been pretty bad. How do you keep a guy around after that? 

If a Bomber did this, I feel the mafia would cut him the next day. It is the Rider Clown Show so suspect they will rally to support him.

Rebus nailed it!

Sounds like they want to make a martyr out of 92. Hyperbole warning - “the Saskatchewan Roughriders Football Club today announced they have commissioned a statue for poor ol’ Garrett and have retired his number”. 

Edited by Rod Black