2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

58 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

OH NO!! Will forever be etched into my brain

I read that OH NO exactly as the moment went down,a legendary call for a legendary play

Just now, Nolby said:

I read that OH NO exactly as the moment went down,a legendary call for a legendary play. "Oh no!!!,Milt Stegall,are you kidding me?!?!! Touch down Bombers!!! The most remarkable touchdown of milt Stegall a career"

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Khari is awesome.  He will land on his feet somewhere.

Khari Jones was and remains one of my favourite Bombers to this day. Super supportive guy and a student of the game. I always remember reading his wife Justine's articles in the Free Press and marvelled at how much she put herself out there and how supportive she was towards the team. Khari, Stegall, Roberts, Gordon, Bruce, Brown, Bolden. Man that team was stacked. Such a great era to be a Bomber fan.

Personally I would love for him to take over if O'Shea plans to step away after this year. Hire him and Miles on as second offensive/defensive coordinators with the gentleman's agreement that they move into head coach/main defensive coordinator once MOS moves on.

I have a feeling Mike is going to start feeling the itch of wanting to coach the Argos before he retires, and I'm sure Toronto will do everything they can to try and pry him away from us.

The only thing that would prevent Khari from happening is that we did him so dirty in his final years that I would totally understand if he didn't want anything to do with Winnipeg for the rest of his life (outsite of beating them). It hurt not seeing him retire as a lifelong Bomber (Roberts too...)....

Edited by Potential

8 hours ago, Potential said:

Khari Jones was and remains one of my favourite Bombers to this day. Super supportive guy and a student of the game. I always remember reading his wife Justine's articles in the Free Press and marvelled at how much she put herself out there and how supportive she was towards the team. Khari, Stegall, Roberts, Gordon, Bruce, Brown, Bolden. Man that team stacked. Such a great era to be a Bomber fan.

Personally I would love for him to take over if O'Shea plans to step away after this year. Hire him and Miles on as second offensive/defensive coordinators with the gentleman's agreement that they move into head coach/main defensive coordinator once MOS moves on.

I have a feeling Mike is going to start feeling the itch of wanting to coach the Argos before he retires, and I'm sure Toronto will do everything they can to try and pry him away from us.

The only thing that would prevent Khari from happening is that we did him so dirty in his final years that I would totally understand if he didn't want anything to do with Winnipeg for the rest of his life (outsite of beating them). It hurt not seeing him retire as a lifelong Bomber (Roberts too...)....

I hate to say it, but I agree. Dinwiddie isn't doing anything special as HC there. Osh is a FA at the end of the year and if he shows any interest in that job to Pinball Dinwiddie is INSTAFIRED in favour of O'shea

But wouldn't Buck probably go up to HC and maybe Khari as OC?

Edited by Dr Zaius

8 hours ago, Potential said:

Khari Jones was and remains one of my favourite Bombers to this day. Super supportive guy and a student of the game. I always remember reading his wife Justine's articles in the Free Press and marvelled at how much she put herself out there and how supportive she was towards the team. Khari, Stegall, Roberts, Gordon, Bruce, Brown, Bolden. Man that team stacked. Such a great era to be a Bomber fan.

I'd be shocked if Osh leaves for there...totally shocked...ain't happening...has a good thing here, chance to become a legend...fully ensconced into city, kids are grown, he has no reason to go there...he has just as much reason to go to the Cats with that logic....Osh will not be the coach here when a) we fire him or b) he retires

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'd be shocked if Osh leaves for there...totally shocked...ain't happening...has a good thing here, chance to become a legend...fully ensconced into city, kids are grown, he has no reason to go there...he has just as much reason to go to the Cats with that logic....Osh will not be the coach here when a) we fire him or b) he retires

Yeh TO/Hamilton really don't have much to offer OSH other than coaching his old team.

O'Shea is a blue collar kind of guy - Winnipeg is probably more his kind of city than Toronto in a lot of ways - The only benefit to Toronto is that he's only a 4 hour drive from his hometown, but the amount he saves living in Winnipeg he can afford to fly anyways.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Khari Jones did retire as a Blue Bomber: https://www.bluebombers.com/2007/10/16/khari_officially_retires_as_a_blue_bomber/

Not sure what you mean by lifelong, though.

Lifelong as in we would be the only team he played for (I recognize he got his start with BC, but was not a starter until he played with the Bombers). When he injured his shoulder we traded him to Calgary instead of keeping him in some capacity. That should have never happened in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, Potential said:

Lifelong as in we would be the only team he played for (I recognize he got his start with BC, but was not a starter until he played with the Bombers). When he injured his shoulder we traded him to Calgary instead of keeping him in some capacity. That should have never happened in my opinion.

no team could afford a back up with that salary.

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

Khari HC of Ottawa next season?   

Maybe he can do TSN until then?

I can't see Khari being offered a H.C. job anytime soon, he may have to start over again as an O.C. first, or as you say, catch on with TSN if there is an opening.  The only reason he got the head job in Mtl. is Kavis decided to punt Mike Sherman a week before the 2019 season got under way, and he was the most qualified coach on staff. 

Overall his coaching record has been pretty dismal, long-term he hasn't shown the ability to vastly improve any offence he's worked on, whether it was in Hamilton, BC, Sask. or Mtl..  Nice guy, but big risk for a team looking to re-float a sunken ship IMO.

Bring him in as qb coach or a gimmick coach. RB or shotgun qb coach 

I think he's a good dude. Wife from the peg. 

I'd bring milt in as offensive consultant to get him a ring also 

Maybe Charles Roberts can be the teams dietitian 

Khari and wade are tight... booster juice and stuff 

Edited by Goalie