2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the penalty against Winnipeg..... was that when we had a scrap in the endzone after a Wpg TD......Harris ripped a guy's helmet off, but didn't get tossed. 2 Riders got ejected, but no Bombers, following a scrum.......that game? 

Yep....and that whole scrap started after several Bombers had enough of Marino taking cheap shots at them all game iirc.

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the penalty against Winnipeg..... was that when we had a scrap in the endzone after a Wpg TD......Harris ripped a guy's helmet off, but didn't get tossed. 2 Riders got ejected, but no Bombers, following a scrum.......that game? 

Yep, this was the play:

(02:34) S. MCGUIRE Run (1 yds), Touchdown, Penalty: Offside, Defence called on Saskatchewan Declined, Penalty: Roughness, General called on Saskatchewan (J. WOODARD) (15 yds.), Penalty: Roughness, General called on Winnipeg (P. NEUFELD) (15 yds.), Penalty: Rough Play, Disqualified called on Saskatchewan (A. HENDY) (25 yds.), Penalty: Roughness, General called on Winnipeg (A. HARRIS) (15 yds.), Penalty: Rough Play, Disqualified called on Saskatchewan (G. MARINO) (25 yds.), Penalty: Roughness, Gen

what I remember most about that play is how upset Suitor was about the Bombers not getting an ejection on that play and even saying "Now I know everyone's going to say I'm rooting for the Riders here, but......" and I'm like "uh huh......" 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

what I remember most about that play is how upset Suitor was about the Bombers not getting an ejection on that play and even saying "Now I know everyone's going to say I'm rooting for the Riders here, but......" and I'm like "uh huh......" 

Wasn’t Micah Johnson throwing punches to a guy pinned down and didn’t’ get a penalty? 

Just now, Geebrr said:

Wasn’t Micah Johnson throwing punches to a guy pinned down and didn’t’ get a penalty? 

that sounds about right...I used to have that on my PVR up until a few weeks back, but I think it's on YouTube. It was a **** show, the whole thing...

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

"If you throw this game out, he’s way down on penalties he’s taken this year.” said Dickenson.

Wow, just wow!  That’s like OJ saying:

“If you throw out that one night when Ron Goldman unexpectedly interrupted me, I’m way down on my spousal assaults against Nicole this year.”

Given Dockenson’s responses here, I think the Saskatchewan BOG needs to step in and send a message from the top before the league investigates the entire culture there. Like Florida did with Quenneville. But with the Cup in Regina this season and a team still in the hunt, I don’t see a thing happening until they are eliminated from contention. At best there will be an off-season reckoning…..not that I would hold my breath waiting for it. 

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Riders PBP guy Michael Ball is demanding to see the evidence of racial comments on twitter. Guy is a clown. Side note, how does a grown ass man doing a professional job go by Ballsy? That's a cool nickname if you're 12 but come on man.

He's still waiting on evidence Biden won Arizona too.  Half of the segments on his shows are about how much he wants to "love" Trudeau.  Just an awful person to be associated with a league that needs real focus on the game.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

yeah that was the game that was basically the culmination, and the team (Bombers) finally being fed up with his dirty play in pile and after whistle....guys a piece of crap....and the comments recently from Diclesson, and his back peddling and condemnation...but in same breath says he didnt mean to do it and feels bad....or the it wasn't that bad a hit...etc..etc...is basically proving they didnt intend to really do anything about this, other than what the league was gonna hand down...and i their mind it's just a part of "in the heat of the moment" nonesense...which is laughable....and pathetic......especially when u watch him with total intent and retribution try to take out the O-linemans leg....it was his sole intent and purpose on that play...couldn't do it...so 5 plays later went and did same attack on a smaller more vulnerable player...yup....didn't mean to do it and feels bad...anyone who believes Diclesson's yapping is just as much a tool and idiot as he is....

36 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

yup....clear as day....and a guy with no helmet on as well

What an absolute clown show the Riders are.   Reflected in coaching leadership all the way down to the players.   Marino is a POS, and anyone who defends that hit needs their head examined.   Bomber, Stamp or Rider ... a dangerous play is still a dangerous play.  Marino should be tossed out of the league.    There is no place for that in football.

and I see Dickieboi in media interview today said the suspension was a little harsh for what he did on the field....like are you kidding me?/!!?....that guy is a joke .....so makes sense as to why the organization has been an utter joke since Jones, and now him....unbelieveable...I guess attcking one guys leg and failing....then going after another guys legs...and succeeding..totally premeditated, and with intent....twice isn't a bad thing in Rider land....friggin loserville anyway u slice it

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

On Dickenson backpeddling, I feel like some Riders brass sat him down. Something like this:

https://vlipsy.com/vlip/the-simpsons-election-in-november-election-in-november-6xQjkc6l

the thing tho...I think O'day is a clueless idiot too....his done a lousy job there....hasnt adressed many issues, and he brings in that garbage

I stand by my belief that Garrett is being unfairly characterized and punished for his actions,” he wrote.

“I don’t believe he tried to hurt the quarterback. He did go low, which is a penalty and if you hurt the guy, you’re going to get fined for it. His reaction was what got him in trouble and that’s what I was most disappointed in — it wasn’t the fact that he went low on the quarterback, he knows he can’t do that,” said Dickenson.

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/12/riders-craig-dickenson-apologizes-for-racially-insensitive-and-irrelevant-comment-made-while-defending-garrett-marino/

Both are taken from here. Dickenson needs to be canned too. Dinosaur mentality and totally clueless.