2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

Wasn't sure quite where to put this, but dates released for upcoming CFL events, including the draft.....

(via 3DN)

The CFL unveiled several keys dates on Monday, including those surrounding the upcoming regional and national combines, the date of the 2022 CFL Draft, and training camps.

The Ontario Regional Combine will take place on Thursday, March 10 at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ont.

The Eastern Regional Combine will be held on Friday, March 11 at Scitec Sports Dome in Baie-D’Urfé near Montreal.

The Western Regional Combine will take place on Friday, March 18 at Commonwealth Stadium Field House in Edmonton.

The CFL Combine will be held March 25-27 at the Westin Harbour Castle and the Varsity Centre at the University of Toronto.

The 2022 CFL Draft will take place on Tuesday, May 3 with the selections taking place in the following order.

1. Edmonton Elks
  2. Ottawa Redblacks
  3. B.C. Lions
  4. Montreal Alouettes
  5. Calgary Stampeders
  6. Toronto Argonauts
  7. Saskatchewan Roughriders
  8. Hamilton Tiger-Cats
  9. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Edmonton and Ottawa will be making territorial selections at the end of the second round, 19th and 20th overall, as part of a territorial initiative that was founded in 2019. Toronto currently holds Edmonton’s second-round pick as part of the Nick Arbuckle trade, while B.C. holds Winnipeg’s third-round pick as part of the Sergio Castillo trade.

CFL rookie camps open on Wednesday, May 11 and CFL rosters need to be reduced to 85 players by Saturday, May 14.

Training camps officially open on Sunday, May 15 and teams need to reduce rosters to 75 players by Tuesday, May 17.

The CFL’s preseason schedule is as follows with training camps ending on Saturday, June 4.

Preseason Week 1

• May 23 – 5 p.m. ET – WPG at SSK

Preseason Week 2

• May 27 | 7:30 p.m. ET | TOR at OTT
  • May 27 | 8:30 p.m. ET | EDM at WPG
  • May 28 | 1 p.m. ET | MTL at HAM
  • May 28 | 4 p.m. ET | B.C. at CGY

Preseason Week 3

• June 3 | 7:30 p.m. ET | OTT at MTL
  • June 3 | 7:30 p.m. ET | HAM at TOR
  • June 3 | 9 p.m. ET | CGY at Edm
  • June 3 | 10 p.m. ET | SSK at B.C.

The CFL’s 2022 regular season gets underway with the Montreal Alouettes visiting the Calgary Stampeders on Thursday, June. 9 at McMahon Stadium.

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Edmonton and Ottawa will be making territorial selections at the end of the second round, 19th and 20th overall, as part of a territorial initiative that was founded in 2019. Toronto currently holds Edmonton’s second-round pick as part of the Nick Arbuckle trade, while B.C. holds Winnipeg’s third-round pick as part of the Sergio Castillo trade.

I still hate this so much... f**k rewarding mediocrity, especially in the 1 year contract era where teams can quickly rebuild their roster through Free Agency (like Edmonton and Ottawa have done).

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wasn't sure quite where to put this, but dates released for upcoming CFL events, including the draft.....

(via 3DN)

The CFL unveiled several keys dates on Monday, including those surrounding the upcoming regional and national combines, the date of the 2022 CFL Draft, and training camps.

The Ontario Regional Combine will take place on Thursday, March 10 at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ont.

The Eastern Regional Combine will be held on Friday, March 11 at Scitec Sports Dome in Baie-D’Urfé near Montreal.

The Western Regional Combine will take place on Friday, March 18 at Commonwealth Stadium Field House in Edmonton.

The CFL Combine will be held March 25-27 at the Westin Harbour Castle and the Varsity Centre at the University of Toronto.

The 2022 CFL Draft will take place on Tuesday, May 3 with the selections taking place in the following order.

1. Edmonton Elks
  2. Ottawa Redblacks
  3. B.C. Lions
  4. Montreal Alouettes
  5. Calgary Stampeders
  6. Toronto Argonauts
  7. Saskatchewan Roughriders
  8. Hamilton Tiger-Cats
  9. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

CFL rookie camps open on Wednesday, May 11 and CFL rosters need to be reduced to 85 players by Saturday, May 14.

Training camps officially open on Sunday, May 15 and teams need to reduce rosters to 75 players by Tuesday, May 17.

The CFL’s preseason schedule is as follows with training camps ending on Saturday, June 4.

Preseason Week 1

• May 23 – 5 p.m. ET – WPG at SSK

Preseason Week 2

• May 27 | 7:30 p.m. ET | TOR at OTT
  • May 27 | 8:30 p.m. ET | EDM at WPG
  • May 28 | 1 p.m. ET | MTL at HAM
  • May 28 | 4 p.m. ET | B.C. at CGY

Preseason Week 3

• June 3 | 7:30 p.m. ET | OTT at MTL
  • June 3 | 7:30 p.m. ET | HAM at TOR
  • June 3 | 9 p.m. ET | CGY at Edm
  • June 3 | 10 p.m. ET | SSK at B.C.

The CFL’s 2022 regular season gets underway with the Montreal Alouettes visiting the Calgary Stampeders on Thursday, June. 9 at McMahon Stadium.

Calgary and Montreal get to host the season opener? Yuck. Should be Grey Cup rematch ALWAYS. I like how we also get Ottawa back to back to start the season after not playing them all season last year. 

54 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Calgary and Montreal get to host the season opener? Yuck. Should be Grey Cup rematch ALWAYS. I like how we also get Ottawa back to back to start the season after not playing them all season last year. 

I’m not sure I like playing Ottawa right off the bat though. Them look to be a much improved team. Either it’ll be good to play them to start as they would be still trying to gel as a team or we will have no idea what to expect from them and could end up 0-2. I’d like to think it will be the former though :)

7 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I’m not sure I like playing Ottawa right off the bat though. Them look to be a much improved team. Either it’ll be good to play them to start as they would be still trying to gel as a team or we will have no idea what to expect from them and could end up 0-2. I’d like to think it will be the former though :)

It's still Lapo + Masoli...... have no fear. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Probably the best time to play them to be honest. A lot of new faces. They’ll most likely take some time to build chemistry!

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I still hate this so much... f**k rewarding mediocrity, especially in the 1 year contract era where teams can quickly rebuild their roster through Free Agency (like Edmonton and Ottawa have done).

This is the kind of **** the CFL needs to clean up. That & 1 year deals but apparently the CFL & CFLPA have no interest in doing so. Didn't we hear from our bufoon of a Commissioner they'd spend the off season trying to do whatever it takes to get fans back? Look into everything from the business model to the fraft to contracts but so far nothing. No surprise. It's nearly March & they haven't even started on a CBA. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Probably the best time to play them to be honest. A lot of new faces. They’ll most likely take some time to build chemistry!

Why do we always play the Argos in Toronto in the early part of the season? We always play badly & lose. I'd love to play those ******* in October & kick their asses on the road. 

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

It almost seems like everything Chris Jones is doing is just one big joke at this point...

Just extra bodies at TC, All this is. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is the kind of **** the CFL needs to clean up. That & 1 year deals but apparently the CFL & CFLPA have no interest in doing so. Didn't we hear from our bufoon of a Commissioner they'd spend the off season trying to do whatever it takes to get fans back? Look into everything from the business model to the fraft to contracts but so far nothing. No surprise. It's nearly March & they haven't even started on a CBA. 

Why do we always play the Argos in Toronto in the early part of the season? We always play badly & lose. I'd love to play those ******* in October & kick their asses on the road. 

Just extra bodies at TC, All this is. 

And free, albeit questionable, publicity.

5 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Remains to be seen if they have rebuilt via free agency. 

13 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

100%. They are probably going to have 4 new starting OL, a new qb, 3 wrs half the DL and secondary. Early is the time to play them.

And yes, its still a plop lead masoli team. we know how to beat that and excel at it.