2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lets sign random guys because I am familiar with the last name and they had success many years ago!  

OR

Maybe we can scout someone new and not over pay and possibly get a guy with a way higher ceiling coming in on a lower price tag?

Exactly.  This was Cal Murphy's specialty.  No over-pays.  He had a pipeline to great US talent and could keep air-lifting guys in from the US on the cheap if anyone wanted a raise.  See ya, go play in Ottawa for an extra $30k and enjoy sucking lol...

That's par for course it seems for top recievers (Weineke deal)...unless u are idiotic like B.C and now even more idiotic like Sask...wayyyy over pay at the expense of rest your roster....our roster is deep and balanced due to not overpaying foolishly...same with Cgy...and it will show.

Weineke makes catches...scores TD's...160k....great value and u still able to surround him with talent.

The more I think about it I'd be fine with splitting 250k and a lil extra for Darvin and Harris..and role with them and whatever camp produces...u prob then have money for one of Darby and Stove...we don't need to spend over 175k on top reciever...2 teams are doing that..and I bet they both be battling for 3rd and 4th...we won't be 

Edited by Booch

I do like what I'm seeing in free agency this year, obviously for our team but it seems the league is much more balanced already this offseason than previous years. I think Sask has been the biggest loser so far but it took that for a couple other teams to catch up (BC,Ottawa, Edmonton). We needed better parody and I think we've seen it so far.

Just now, Nolby said:

I do like what I'm seeing in free agency this year, obviously for our team but it seems the league is much more balanced already this offseason than previous years. I think Sask has been the biggest loser so far but it took that for a couple other teams to catch up (BC,Ottawa, Edmonton). We needed better parody and I think we've seen it so far.

Agreed, Sask is sure to provide better parody.