2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

Just now, greenrider55 said:

Naylor reports that Kenny Lawler has committed to signing with the Elks… $300k. Unreal.

Report is also that they may sign Deon Lacey for $250k. Lacey is good, but not $250k good.

Pair him with winston rose and the combo are worth 250k. The CFL has lost its damned mind.

I've pretty much come to expect that stove, harris, and lawler are gone. Sucks, I love those 3 guys. But this is how dynasties are maintained. Cant wait to see who they bring in as the next man up. 

And u will see why those 2 teams won't be successful...or sustain success when u basically nueter your overall lineup....guess in a way too...we see who were more about team and overall success and brother hood...cause u know damn well guys like the Jeff's...our tackles....biggie...rose...Bailey amoung others..all could have made a killing....not a knock on the other guys as I sure they wanna get paid...but like many have said it ain't all about the money...sometimes it's fit and comfort..culture...and to others...it ain't

Wish them well and hope when we play em we lay a licken on them to remind them where they came from

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He has definitely set a high bar. 

If he was going to leave I am glad it was for bank. 

Yup ..I sure it only reason....wonder if he will regret it when battling for 4th...in front of a dead morgue crowd

Just now, Stickem said:

Elks signed a good one but are letting another go ....I hope we can swing a deal for Ellingson and his receiving yds. will greatly improve in 22'.....Lawler's ...not so ,much

If ellingson does sign here, I bet right now he ends up with more yards and tds than lawler, and returns to elite wr form. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I still baffled on that Lacey deal....based on his stats ..and non impact type play last yr...and being 32 constitutes that money?? 

And 465k invested in Walker and Lawler is alot of scratch....if he doesn't come close to bettering what he did last yr that's gonna be rough

It is insane. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I still baffled on that Lacey deal....based on his stats ..and non impact type play last yr...and being 32 constitutes that money?? 

And 465k invested in Walker and Lawler is alot of scratch....if he doesn't come close to bettering what he did last yr that's gonna be rough

Lacey would’ve been a good WIL, but even if that’s the case, $250k makes no sense. If WJ is making $225… $250k for Lacey is wild.

250k for Deon Lacey LMAOOOOOO

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well....let's get Nevis on value....grab Ellingson and Ambles and roll into cup number 3...

Yeah that's crazy..glad for Kenny but what an overpay....he still really isn't proven in my opinion 

Zero interest in Nevis whatsoever

Yeah...our losses suck...but we won without stove...and when Lawler was suspended kept on rolling too...we will survive just fine.

I'm in the camp of u don't overpay like an idiot to fill a spot...and downgrade 2 or 3 others in the process..can't sustain anything that way....pay fair value...and if someone don't like it...another guy will...been working just fine for us

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

250k for Deon Lacey LMAOOOOOO

Zero interest in Nevis whatsoever

Yeah...our losses suck...but we won without stove...and when Lawler was suspended kept on rolling too...we will survive just fine.

I'm in the camp of u don't overpay like an idiot to fill a spot...and downgrade 2 or 3 others in the process..can't sustain anything that way....pay fair value...and if someone don't like it...another guy will...been working just fine for us

Actually looked at Ellingson..I am sold now that I see he had almost 700 yards in 10 games in that shiitshow of Edm....with ZC throwing and the complimentary pieces around him yeah this may be a big rebond yr for him...sign me up

Just now, Geebrr said:

I think we can find an import DT to challenge for the spot.

I also like Casey Sayles

Yeah...I think too now we go with recruits..save the sms for elsewhere...Walker looked like a baller...Rose in his limited play looked like potential too...and didn't we sign a DT/Nose type this winter??

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Actually looked at Ellingson..I am sold now that I see he had almost 700 yards in 10 games in that shiitshow of Edm....with ZC throwing and the complimentary pieces around him yeah this may be a big rebond yr for him...sign me up

Yeah...I think too now we go with recruits..save the sms for elsewhere...Walker looked like a baller...Rose in his limited play looked like potential too...and didn't we sign a DT/Nose type this winter??

I remember the Wilcots guy we cut in camp last year, I don't think he was a DT/Nose guy though, so maybe we are thinking of different people