2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I think with Powell going to Ottawa we need to lock up Brady. And then send Harris a photo of him wearing a rider jersey so that he comes to his senses and signs a team friendly deal and finish his career with The Bombers.

Brady is clearly weighing offers. The fact that he hasn;t signed yet worries me.

Brady tho still unproven...and won't command huge bucks yet...so any team out bidding will be over paying for still unknown commodity.

Amusing on Riderfans they think the 260k for Duke is a good deal hahah...just eating up that "close to 300k"  rumour....not sure who woulda offered that...and that obviously wasn't hard money...the fact the Rider deal specified "hard" money tells me he in position to make more than 260k which makes that even more laughable

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Me too, wonder who is making Brady an offer and really hope we sign him.

My big concern is other teams following our blueprint and going Canadian at RB.

I think Sask is the most likely. but others could be too.

Just now, Booch said:

Brady tho still unproven...and won't command huge bucks yet...so any team out bidding will be over paying for still unknown commodity.

Amusing on Riderfans they think the 260k for Duke is a good deal hahah...just eating up that "close to 300k"  rumour....not sure who woulda offered that...and that obviously wasn't hard money...the fact the Rider deal specified "hard" money tells me he in position to make more than 260k which makes that even more laughable

Yup - but I think he's our plan at the position so whether another team over pays or not doesn't help us if he leaves.

16 minutes ago, Jesse said:

My big concern is other teams following our blueprint and going Canadian at RB.

I think Sask is the most likely. but others could be too.

Yup - but I think he's our plan at the position so whether another team over pays or not doesn't help us if he leaves.

Well I am fine with JA...and then likey Harris as we would only employ 2 vet Canadians...maybe 2023 we flip ratio and go import there...it not set in stone..

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

You need two National RBs if that's your plan. BO and AH looking for a place they can go to together?

I don't see the Bombers locking up JA if they're not getting a second National. 

Yeah....one of the 2 will be here...maybe all 3...a lot depends on Lawler and what it will take to lock him down... hopefully he still exhausts his NFL options and that dumb 250k goes away once teams spend like drunken sailors next week

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

You need two National RBs if that's your plan. BO and AH looking for a place they can go to together?

I don't see the Bombers locking up JA if they're not getting a second National. 

That’s old thinking, IMO.

Your RB goes down, you switch out one of your American receivers instead, if that’s where your depth is.

His name has come up in this thread only in passing, but I really like the way Markeith Ambles performed in 2021 despite the mess at QB in Calgary. If we cannot re-sign any of our top two receivers, I do not think we would lose much with him. I fully expect Oliviera to return to the fold as well- he is well integrated into the community.

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Actually yeah...better QB...online...RB at moment as Sask has nobody...and that Morrow is unproven and NJ it sure a true tailback

If anything Ott is giving Lapo a fighting chance personnel wise.

Yup. They have done more with their line in 2 weeks than Sask has in 2 years

Edited by Geebrr