2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We should tell C.Jones that Ali is a great DB/WR prospect.

Only thing wrong with that is we've already ponied up for Mourtada.....I think we know what we're doing in this case....Sergio is going to go with the dough....Will we have anything left to offer after the dust settles/??

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Big loss for the Stamps.

Just want to add to my post... Huff spends big bucks on Noodle Arm & Jake Maier. And he lets his left tackle go to free agency. The first big one was Stanley Bryant in 2015 & now Ucambre Williams. Not saying Williams will become another Stanley Bryant but what's the point of paying their qb big bucks & they don't have anyone watching his backside. It makes no sense as left tackle (for a right handed qb) is usually the anchor position on the OL. 

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just want to add to my post... Huff spends big bucks on Noodle Arm & Jake Maier. And he lets his left tackle go to free agency. The first big one was Stanley Bryant in 2015 & now Ucambre Williams. Not saying Williams will become another Stanley Bryant but what's the point of paying their qb big bucks & they don't have anyone watching his backside. It makes no sense as left tackle (for a right handed qb) is usually the anchor position on the OL. 

Didn't they sign Dennis again? I assume that's who they are going with at LT

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I'd still take him over every ol the 4 stripes fielded last year. 

Ott has lots to do still but they are making good moves. It's not hard to spend money and improve an all time terrible team though. 

You still need to convince guys to sign. It's been a very successful off-season for them.

Well....let's get Nevis on value....grab Ellingson and Ambles and roll into cup number 3...

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

I was coincidentally cooking spicy meatballs when I heard 300k. Wow

Yeah that's crazy..glad for Kenny but what an overpay....he still really isn't proven in my opinion 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Well....let's get Nevis on value....grab Ellingson and Ambles and roll into cup number 3...

Yeah that's crazy..glad for Kenny but what an overpay....he still really isn't proven in my opinion 

Ditto Booch. He’s clearly got supreme talent, but was also on a great team with a great system last year. No guarantee he has any of it in Edmonton this year.