2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

3 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

200K for Lucky

165K for Burnham

250K for Lawler

I guess they are "saving" with Rourke being on a somewhat friendly deal right now but the amount of money they'd have locked up in three receivers without ever addressing their offensive line (or any other aspect of their team) is questionable.  It's great to have guys to catch the ball but if the guy throwing it to them is getting killed every play, I'm not sure how sustainable that is. 

My thought as well. This only works if the guy behind centre can get them the ball.

Wasn't Reilly playing extremely injured for the first half of the season and he still managed to produce.   Reilly would be the absolute last reason I'd point any fingers towards BC Lions issues.      They had absolutely no running game and I pity Rourke or whoever steps in and having to deal with the non stop blitz against them if they continue to run that same offense.   They will need a guy who is extremely mobile and who can run for his life in at QB. 

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

BC re-signed him in Dec. to a two year deal, he's not going anywhere.

Nothing stopping the Lions from cutting him- its been done before. Unless the Lions are printing their own money, I cannot see how they can avoid dumping salary.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

$400K for MBT in hard money. The ancestors are celebrating.

The Argos are gonna get what they are paying for. Bethel-Thompson might a good backup but that's all.

23 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Lions' free agency strategy:

hiiy3ju7pye81.jpg

Didn't the Lions have the most expensive ol last year too lol. I think edm was no2. 

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

Davis is an elite player,  I don't blame the Argos throwing big money at him.  

Top tier book end and defensive star. If we swapped one of our ends for him we wouldn't miss a beat. Love watching him play.