2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Next up duron Carter and sj Green. 

I dont remember Jones being a dumpster diver for ancient vets. 

And throwing to SJ Green? Nealon Greene lol

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Press conference tomorrow. Chris Jones to introduce Tom Wilkinson as his starting qb. 

Might as well sign Dieter Brock as his back up...

The only plausible reason I can think of for the Bowman, Arceneaux signings is bringing them in as mentors for a short period and to build a new locker room culture. Surely, they won't be playing. The Elks could use a big dose of vet leadership all around that room. Not sure I would have went over the retired list to get it done but I'm thinking that's got to be the reason. Jones can't seriously think either guy has any game left.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The only plausible reason I can think of for the Bowman, Arceneaux signings is bringing them in as mentors for a short period and to build a new locker room culture. Surely, they won't be playing. The Elks could use a big dose of vet leadership all around that room. Not sure I would have went over the retired list to get it done but I'm thinking that's got to be the reason. Jones can't seriously think either guy has any game left.

that, or Jones is showing signs of Old-Timers disease.

A sign of the times: (Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ quarterback) Zach Collaros only got an $87,000 signing bonus. Three years ago that would have been $300,000 easily, probably more. As a league, we’re just not structuring deals like we used to.

(Calgary Stampeders’ right tackle) Julian Good-Jones is an absolute stud. I still think (Stanley) Bryant and (Jermarcus) Hardrick in Winnipeg were a little better (in 2021), but it won’t be long before Good-Jones is making all-star.

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

I was saying to my buddies I'd probably take Milt right now before I looked at Adarius Bowman again....

he kicked for 95% in Uni....he's gonna work out. One day. I don't wanna be the team that gave up on the next great kicker....

Teams can only judge what players are doing now. The Bombers are giving him every chance but at some point Legghio has to start showing he can kick in the CFL. He's a competent (not great punter). Guess we'll see. 

His statement really sounds like a guy hanging up his cleats. Im surprised.

I don’t even know where to start. In 2013 I was driving to a new country, to a new city called Hamilton and couldn’t help but ask myself ‘why?’. Eight years later, I know why.

Thank you to one of the best organizations I’ve been a part of for making me into the man I am today. Thank you for the opportunities, thank you for believing in me and thank you for fighting for me, even when I was wrong. I want to personally thank Mr. Caretaker Bob Young, Mr. Scott Mitchell, Shawn Burke, Coach O, Coach Jones, Coach Austin and all the coaches who were with me for this journey.

Thank you to the medical staff, the strength and conditioning coaches and the equipment staff who always had my swag right. Thank you to the media relations staff, the stadium operations staff, the business operations staff and thank you to Ms. Tina and her staff.

Thank you to ALL my teammates who I’ve had the honour of sharing the Ticats helmet with. Every year that locker room was full of life!

Tiger-Town… Wow, thank you so much for welcoming me and my family to your city and for allowing me to make Hamilton a second home. Thank you for the great times in the community and for always making game day so special for me and my family. I always played my hardest for you, trying to bring home that Grey Cup you all deserve. I will always bleed black and gold.

Thank you Tiger-Town.

LIAR!
Edited by Bubba Zanetti

22 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He's a rider or Elk before March.

At his age,I wonder if waiting until the trade deadline is likely the smartest idea. Once free agency opens,I can see some teams going into a small bidding war for him. I doubt Burnham stays in BC and they'll want to try and replace the void,my guess is BC will be his landing spot.

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

At his age,I wonder if waiting until the trade deadline is likely the smartest idea. Once free agency opens,I can see some teams going into a small bidding war for him. I doubt Burnham stays in BC and they'll want to try and replace the void,my guess is BC will be his landing spot.

BC does have a ton of cap room now with Reilly and Durant off the books, so they could probably outbid everyone to retain Burnham. I imagine they'll try. Itll come down to whether he wants to stay.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

BC does have a ton of cap room now with Reilly and Durant off the books, so they could probably outbid everyone to retain Burnham. I imagine they'll try. Itll come down to whether he wants to stay.

Winnipeg was his #1 option before BC re-signed him. I really think either way he'll want out with their qb situation a big unknown now.