2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

Just now, Nolby said:

Winnipeg was his #1 option before BC re-signed him. I really think either way he'll want out with their qb situation a big unknown now.

Hope so. He has spent his entire career(8 years) in BC, so the comfort factor is there. At his age he might just be happy to take the money and stay with whats familiar. Of course we wont even be in the discussion if Lawler comes back. No way we could afford both.

7 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Winnipeg was his #1 option before BC re-signed him. I really think either way he'll want out with their qb situation a big unknown now.

The only way we even talk to Burnham is if we lose Lawler...and he would have to take a shave.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Hope so. He has spent his entire career(8 years) in BC, so the comfort factor is there. At his age he might just be happy to take the money and stay with whats familiar. Of course we wont even be in the discussion if Lawler comes back. No way we could afford both.

I guess if we lost Bailey and Adams but kept Lawler we could take a run at Burnham and go rookie at the other IMP receiver. Might work but it would mean Burnham would need to take a shave for a chance at being a champion.

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The only way we even talk to Burnham is if we lose Lawler...and he would have to take a shave.

I guess if we lost Bailey and Adams but kept Lawler we could take a run at Burnham and go rookie at the other IMP receiver. Might work but it would mean Burnham would need to take a shave for a chance at being a champion.

I like keeping Adams at a discount. Collaros even said Darvin is his go to guy in a big situation,maybe sign Darvin to a 1 year deal reduced and still keep in there with Walters still very able to look at Lawler, Bailey or Burnham.

Edited by Nolby

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Bailey is about to break out I would hate to lose him. 

15 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This guy seems ready to make a comeback too (maybe saw the Bowman and Arceneaux signings), although by the way he is huffing and puffing I’m a little worried about his conditioning. 

Would definitely take him before I'd look at Adarius Bowman, I'll tell you that much....

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

BC does have a ton of cap room now with Reilly and Durant off the books, so they could probably outbid everyone to retain Burnham. I imagine they'll try. Itll come down to whether he wants to stay.

Or if he believes Nathan Rourke can be an effective qb. Heis getting older & I'm sure he wants to win a Grey Cup.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not even kidding...if I absolutely had to pick one of the two, I'd choose Milt, even at his current age. I bet you he's in better shape than Bowman is.... Milt wouldn't be able to take a hit, tho. But for one game...I'd take Milt over Bowman, even now. 

I wish the Bombers would give him a Grey Cup ring. 

15 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Mince’s best days are behind him but may be worth taking a flyer on.

I wouldn't say that so much...had some injury issues last year....dude will turn 30 during season....if SMS allowed would be an excellent 6th DB on roster, and even push for starter reps....I'd sign him on the cheaper deal if he would accept...can always cut in TC if a rook pulls an Alford...I assume now that Nichols is not getting an NFL deal, so he back on a rookie deal, so conceivably we may have all back other than Alford...which would be almost insane to think of at end of year...And Maston will be back too...we be aight in the DB area....I fully expect to hear a Rose re-signing if not before FA....Shortly into it

4 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

BC does have a ton of cap room now with Reilly and Durant off the books, so they could probably outbid everyone to retain Burnham. I imagine they'll try. Itll come down to whether he wants to stay.

BC still needs to sign a vet. QB to "backup" Rourke, I don't think any of Masoli, MBT or Harris are signing for less than $325,000.  They'll have to wait for two to sign elsewhere before they can bargain with whoever is left over.

42 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

BC still needs to sign a vet. QB to "backup" Rourke, I don't think any of Masoli, MBT or Harris are signing for less than $325,000.  They'll have to wait for two to sign elsewhere before they can bargain with whoever is left over.

I could see them signing Harris and probably for less than expected once the CFL QB carousel stops turning. He would make for a decent stop gap and mentor for Rourke. Even if they ended up paying Harris $325K they'd still have over $400K of cap savings after the departures of Reilly + Durant. I think Ottawa is the one who will throw a bunch of money at Masoli. Thyeve gotta do something big to keep that fan base interested after taking giant dumps all over the field game after game for the last 2 seasons.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I was looking at AB’s stats yesterday and he was so forgettable in 2018 I completely forgot he played 6 games with our club that year. 

I was thinking that maybe Jones might take a look at Chris Matthews....but Matthews is only 32 so way too young for Jones to take a stab at...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't say that so much...had some injury issues last year....dude will turn 30 during season....if SMS allowed would be an excellent 6th DB on roster, and even push for starter reps....I'd sign him on the cheaper deal if he would accept...can always cut in TC if a rook pulls an Alford...I assume now that Nichols is not getting an NFL deal, so he back on a rookie deal, so conceivably we may have all back other than Alford...which would be almost insane to think of at end of year...And Maston will be back too...we be aight in the DB area....I fully expect to hear a Rose re-signing if not before FA....Shortly into it

What do you think happens with Darby? Seems like he wants to stay based on social media. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was thinking that maybe Jones might take a look at Chris Matthews....but Matthews is only 32 so way too young for Jones to take a stab at...

Can't believe he's only 32! Feels like he's been around forever. I just Googled him and remembered he was with the bombers in 19