2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

31 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Do you remember why? I pretty much have no recollection. Was he slow?

I see my puns are having no effect....so let's go with this...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5667393/winnipeg-blue-bombers-chris-matthews-stabbed-at-downtown-restaurant/

far as I know he was gone and out of Winnipeg not long after.  He played a bit in Montreal, but now I would assume is waiting by the phone for Chris Jones to give him a call....

4 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I could see them signing Harris and probably for less than expected once the CFL QB carousel stops turning. He would make for a decent stop gap and mentor for Rourke. Even if they ended up paying Harris $325K they'd still have over $400K of cap savings after the departures of Reilly + Durant. I think Ottawa is the one who will throw a bunch of money at Masoli. Thyeve gotta do something big to keep that fan base interested after taking giant dumps all over the field game after game for the last 2 seasons.

Reilly restructured down to about $525,000. So, actually the savings with him retiring is only about $225,000.

if anything...thats the one position I wanna see basically a given going into camp...be it Castillo...hmmm...maybe Lauther but has Rider stink on him haha....and want someone to do both...maybe Leggs has his mind solved now and is that guy...I not ready to discard him yet...guy was money in College....was totally head games on the big stage last year

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

if anything...thats the one position I wanna see basically a given going into camp...be it Castillo...hmmm...maybe Lauther but has Rider stink on him haha....and want someone to do both...maybe Leggs has his mind solved now and is that guy...I not ready to discard him yet...guy was money in College....was totally head games on the big stage last year

I actually thought Leggs was good to go in the last game they had him place kicking before the brought in Mourtada.

On the list of all-time lopsided @CFL trades this one seems to get missed: Feb 2013 … Edmonton trades OL Greg Wojt, LB

and QB Jeremiah Masoli to
@Ticats for Nathan Kenya and the rights to OL Carson Rockhill. #CFL

Jesus Edmonton. Factor in the Ricky Ray trade and the Eskimos should just stop making trades period.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I see my puns are having no effect....so let's go with this...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5667393/winnipeg-blue-bombers-chris-matthews-stabbed-at-downtown-restaurant/

far as I know he was gone and out of Winnipeg not long after.  He played a bit in Montreal, but now I would assume is waiting by the phone for Chris Jones to give him a call....

HA HA HA . Ohhhhhh right 

15 minutes ago, Sard said:

I actually thought Leggs was good to go in the last game they had him place kicking before the brought in Mourtada.

Kicking wise yes. However his punts were bad all year long. Tbh I'd rather see him on the pr or ir for a year and focus on kicks than see him punt or kick off again this year. 

Enjoy a year of running to the sidelines after going 2 and out while the team flips between the corpse of trevor harris' career and rourke. 

If we are gonna spend money to replace lawler with a high level FA weineke is the guy Id go for. Young and with tons of up side. Jaelon acklin or steven dunbar would be good too.  One of those could possibly save room vs a guy like burnham too. 

More likely and to me preferable (out side of getting weineke) is one or maybe even 2 low risk high reward guys. RJ harris, BJ cunningham, huff or ambles, or posey. Even guys like ellingson and walker from edmonton are due to take a real pay cut. And walker is still like 30 too. 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Disappointed about Burnham, Agree on needing Lawler back and reupping Bailey ASAP.

If we return to camp with Lawler, Bailey, demski and woli then the front office has worked some real magic. I wouldnt be surprised if mcknight would be penciled in as the new no5 wr especially if darvin isnt retained. 

Noon on Feb. 8 closing in fast....Seems like there's a lot of fa's on every club yet to be signed...Looks like the push is going to begin soon ....Sunday marks the opening of a window where clubs can approach fa's  (legally lol) that clubs are interested in.....I'd sure like to see more of our key guys get done before that ...see Burnham signing on the coast....I'd say a few of our guys are going to start listenening Sun. to see what's out there....I'm trusting Walters to handle the potential suitors, and rein our guys in who we really want and are still out there.....hopefully 

Edited by Stickem

wondering if Meredith still in the plans...dude lives here...so I sure they know how his progress is going

I'd say yeas to Weineke....pass on the 2 Cat's guys...I also wanna see Agudusi with real bullets flying if he comes back...we kept him all year, so they must like something

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Rider stink or not,up until we got Castillo,Lauther was a million miles ahead of all our kickers combined until Sergio arrived. I'd be more than happy to bring him in if he became available for a right price.

11 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Rider stink or not,up until we got Castillo,Lauther was a million miles ahead of all our kickers combined until Sergio arrived. I'd be more than happy to bring him in if he became available for a right price.

IF Sergio takes a hike for sure....Lauther has been pretty accurate and would probably work well with Leggs...We can't dither around with the place kicking like we did las year