2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

He had like half a season where he looked just ridiculous...can't even remember how long ago that was, but it was with Edmonton. Then he just fizzled and could never seem to replicate it. Shame...so much potential. 

Are you sure that actually happened? Are you sure you're not just remembering how the rider fans blew all sorts of smoke up his ass with the expectation Jones was bringing him to Saskatchewan?

Cause a young qb having a few decent games is certainly not a guy looking like Warren moon 2.0.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Are you sure that actually happened? Are you sure you're not just remembering how the rider fans blew all sorts of smoke up his ass with the expectation Jones was bringing him to Saskatchewan?

Cause a young qb having a few decent games is certainly not a guy looking like Warren moon 2.0.

For a brief period, he looked like Warren Moon 2.0....it was just very short lived. 

On 2022-03-30 at 5:08 PM, 17to85 said:

Who the **** did Arbuckle piss off to be passed around like this?

He should have stayed in Calgary. He certainly pissed off Dinwiddie when he left. If we can't pay our starting kicker more than $71,000 then we can't afford a backup like Arbuckle. 

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

Randy Ambrosie has informed the CFLPA that the bargaining committee for the owners are taking a 3 1/2 week Easter break starting today. Ambrosie is very excited as he's going on an extensive Value Village scarf hunt in major US cities. 

CFLPA President Solomon Elimimian says he's both shocked & disappointed with the owner's decison to stall CBA talks for nearly a month with training camp fast approaching. When told of Elimimian's comments, Ambrosie responded with a hearty, "Yeeeeee haaaaaa!!!"

They'll get back to work April 26th.

CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47lnweu0lfl4t85d679cq

Edited by SpeedFlex27

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Randy Ambrosie has informed the CFLPA that the bargaining committee for the owners are taking a 3 1/2 week Easter break starting today. Ambrosie is very excited as he's going on an extensive Value Village scarf hunt in major US cities. 

CFLPA President Solomon Elimimian says he's both shocked & disappointed with the owner's decison to stall CBA talks for nearly a month with training camp fast approaching. When told of Elimimian's comments, Ambrosie responded with a hearty, "Yeeeeee haaaaaa!!!"

They'll get back to work April 26th.

CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47lnweu0lfl4t85d679cq

Luv'ed those to English blokes....especially the one where the 'wink wink' guy asks the other '''; do you have any naked pictures of your wife'.....the beer guy says ....'certainly NOT'.....then the wanker says....' do you want to buy some'...............love that type of humour but then I'm old school

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Luv'ed those to English blokes....especially the one where the 'wink wink' guy asks the other '''; do you have any naked pictures of your wife'.....the beer guy says ....'certainly NOT'.....then the wanker says....' do you want to buy some'...............love that type of humour but then I'm old school

Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!!...

Edited by SpeedFlex27

And now, the accessory all pro sports commissioners need. For those cold winter nights or cool spring & fall days after hours of negotiating CBA's or 4 down football. Or if they just want to disappear in a corner somewhere in a big ball after a bad day.

Lenny Kravitz's oversized scarf is actually still a thing | Fashion, Huge  scarves, Zara scarf

Edited by SpeedFlex27

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

How do you practice that.....like the first time you ever try it......how do you not kill yourself in the process?? That is insane....

I bet you could start with dumbbells, then, if something goes wrong, you can push them away without fear of all the weight coming down. 

Crazy skill on Shai but I still love his Oreo dunk vid more. 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

I bet you could start with dumbbells, then, if something goes wrong, you can push them away without fear of all the weight coming down. 

Don't get me wrong... this stuff this guy does is really, really impressive... but call me when he's a 1000+ yard receiver and 10+ TD guys... that's the kind of athlete I want on my team

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

He's a freak of nature.  His IG is full of stuff that are insanely athletic.

56 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Don't get me wrong... this stuff this guy does is really, really impressive... but call me when he's a 1000+ yard receiver and 10+ TD guys... that's the kind of athlete I want on my team

Agreed. The list of draft busts is littered with speed demons and freakish athletes who unfortunately could not run routes, catch, or just had a 2 cent brain. The measurables are all fine and dandy, but you don't get paid for your ability to dunk Oreos....as impressive as that is to watch.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Agreed. The list of draft busts is littered with speed demons and freakish athletes who unfortunately could not run routes, catch, or just had a 2 cent brain. The measurables are all fine and dandy, but you don't get paid for your ability to dunk Oreos....as impressive as that is to watch.

Anything else to go along with 1000 yards and 10 TDs? LOL

I appreciate the sentiment guys but we only have one receiver like that on our team and his name is Greg Ellingson, and last time he did it he was 5 years younger. Demski, Bailey, Wolitarsky... have never and likely will never put up numbers like that yet they are highly celebrated around these parts. Shai Ross would fit in great around here with his numbers

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

That's an odd take honestly. Demski isn't a 1000 yard guy yet. Either is Wolly. Add to it that Shea has only played 19 games. And if you compare what he did next to Walker, in that Edm offence it's pretty good. Or hell compare him to what Demski did last year and again he's done well for himself.

Edited by Bigblue204