2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Really....going into last yr we weren't the favorite...everyone was saying cats again....Riders were the team in the west...u till those teams played us.. then the narrative changed and most critics wised up 

We going in just as strong .. especially on defence...we didnt start with a Rose or Wilson...same with Nichols...we are this yr...Stove didn't define us...and our defence with whomever is in his spot will be more than adequate for us to get off running this yr

Maston and Darby is a wash...if anything Maston brings more physicality which will be nice until BA makes his appearance...and what a mid season addition that will be...it will be just like an NFL guy getting back...and it could coincide with a Kongbo sighting.

Same can be said on offence... cohesion and familiarity we have in spades...Ellingson will fit in seemlessly as he and ZC have history...and he knows how to attack CFL defenses...so at worst we playing 1 new guy (reciever) to our system and league in general...again...we will hit the ground running while other teams gotta learn all the new pieces.

I think that’s re-writing history a bit, booch. Hamilton was expected to continue on with their 2019 season, but other than that everyone expected us to be right up there.

10 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...we weren't pegged as favs...most had us battling for 3rd...lost too much in secondary..questions about backup qb and recieving corp...too old...

Ever since the end of the 19 gc the cfl media was pushing that the cats under achieved and that 21 was their year. Lots of pundits picked us for 2nd or 3rd in the west and virtually none had any one above hammy. 

50 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

What’s going on with the CFL schedule? Why isn’t Toronto coming to Winnipeg this year?

Snafu

18 hours ago, Jesse said:

I think that’s re-writing history a bit, booch. Hamilton was expected to continue on with their 2019 season, but other than that everyone expected us to be right up there.

That's not true at all. There were plenty of people, especially in the media that had the bombers finishing anywhere from 3rd to 5th in the west. I don't think anyone had us finishing 1st. Nevermind dominating the entire year.

15 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...we weren't pegged as favs...most had us battling for 3rd...lost too much in secondary..questions about backup qb and recieving corp...too old...

Oline losses was going to be another issue, especially with no back up qb.

Lawler saying 'HE accomplished these two Grey Cups' on third down....that's why he deserved the big dough.....Not a mention of the team that gave him that opportunity.....Never figured him for a 'me' first guy....guess I was wrong....I'll say right now I doubt very much he'll come close to the stats. he had here in 21'...I think Kenny is going to come down to earth ....hard

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Lawler saying 'HE accomplished these two Grey Cups' on third down....that's why he deserved the big dough.....Not a mention of the team that gave him that opportunity.....Never figured him for a 'me' first guy....guess I was wrong....I'll say right now I doubt very much he'll come close to the stats. he had here in 21'...I think Kenny is going to come down to earth ....hard

I seem to remember people trashing on me when I said the guy was a bum and should of been suspended for the season for drinking and driving.   

On 2022-02-11 at 1:05 PM, Goalie said:

I suppose but... at the same time Hardrick Bryant Neufeld ain't getting younger either. I mean the O needs to replace its 2 most productive players 

I think they have at least one more great season in them. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

They don't draw well here. 

That's likely why in reality 

So, the Argos play just road games? 

On 2022-02-11 at 1:24 PM, Brandon said:

Why not?  We ran the ball perfectly fine with Brady and Augustine and it's not like Lawler was the only guy who was catching balls.     

Also why look at it with the cup half empty,  OIiveria was player of the week in his very first start who is to say that he doesn't improve from last year and performs even better?

The more Oliviera & Augustine play the better players they'll become.