2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think he is mediocre, but vastly underrated on these boards. *dons flame retardant suit*

I agree. He's not as great as Rider fans think he is but he's not as bad as some here make him out to be. His biggest problem is his mouth. He just needs to shut up & play. Not blame his receivers or teammates for his problems. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

24 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Mike Quinn, Tee Martin, Max Hall and Stefan LeFors, the Mount Rushmore of bad Bomber QBs. 

I personally thought max hall was OK on the short routes. Stefan Lefors likely wasn't as bad as cracked up to be. Tee Martin and Mike Quinn were early years of bomber watching for me and I just remember them giving Charlie the ball 20 plus times a game 

42 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I personally thought max hall was OK on the short routes. Stefan Lefors likely wasn't as bad as cracked up to be. Tee Martin and Mike Quinn were early years of bomber watching for me and I just remember them giving Charlie the ball 20 plus times a game 

I remember thinking multiple times when Hall was playing. "Just stay down! Don't do this to yourself!" That guy took some beatings when he played here! 

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

No, but a system could be run with streveler that would be good enough to win imo. It just would require an OC to cater to his skill set. 

Also, Edm has 3 better qbs on their roster right now. We gotta be able to find some one who is atleast able to develop into a blue chip prospect. 

Well, McGuire sure wasn't the guy. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Lefors wasn't all that bad

Lefors barely got to play before he ****** his shoulder... after the injury his poor play wasn't really an indication of his ability.    Even the poor play before the injury is hard to necessarily pin on him given the coach tried to install an early 90s offensive system. 

No, Tommy Pharr's stats as a qb were abysmaL. The Mississippi State grad was signed by the Bombers in 1972 & was Don Jonas backup that season as a rookie. Pharr was switched to DB in 1973 full time but was still the Number 2 qb on the Bombers that season. He contributed the most for the Bombers as a defensive back for 2 seasons. He was also a pass receiver & punt returner.

As a Bomber qb, Pharr attempted 36 passes & completed 11 for 216 yards & a 30.6% completion average. He threw one TD & 4 interceptions. He QBR was 21.3.  He was a scrambler & liked to take off with the football. He carried the ball 31 times for 244 yards with a 7.9 yard rushing average & 1 touchdown. His longest run was 40 yards. 

He was also an injury relacement at receiver catching the ball 11 times for 121 yards for an 11.0 yard average per catch & no touchdowns. His kongest reception was 28 yards.  

As a defensive back, Pharr picked off 6 passes for 131 yards & no touchdowns. He caused 2 fumbles & recovered one for zero yards.  

He returned 21 punts as a Blue Bomber for 120 yards & a 5.7 yard return average & no touchdowns. His longest punt return was 16 yards back in the day when there was no blocking on punt returns. 

So, Tommy Pharr was a handy guy to have around but I remember he really struggled when he went in at qb. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree. He's not as great as Rider fans think he is but he's not as bad as some here make him out to be. His biggest problem is his mouth. He just needs to shut up & play. Not blame his receivers or teammates for his problems. 

His highs are way too high, and his lows are way too low. Not being able to manage emotions is not a particularly good trait to have as a QB. That, and he can't hit the broad side of a barn beyond 20 yards are the two factors that will keep him in the medium wrung of CFL QBs for the rest of his career. He can execute the short and intermediate games pretty efficiently but then a few completions in a row get to his head and he starts chucking long balls....and he is terrible at them...and then his confidence is shot again. Same story with him over and over again. Against the right defence he can have success, but anyone who keep him in the pocket and takes the middle of the field away from him in coverage will beat him more often than not.