2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

woof....that is rough. I have a couple of the Chinese made hockey jerseys and they're (luckily??) fine. CFL stuff tho...I buy everything through the Bombers Store. They desperately need my money...the NHL, not so much. 

You should get that custom Nichols jersey you wanted before the club changes jersey styles. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

woof....that is rough. I have a couple of the Chinese made hockey jerseys and they're (luckily??) fine. CFL stuff tho...I buy everything through the Bombers Store. They desperately need my money...the NHL, not so much. 

There was a chinese website many years ago(like 15 or so) that sold knock off jerseys for peanuts. A buddy at work somehow found it. I believe it was like $25 for NFL and $45 for NHL jerseys, and they were freaking amazing. Colors/sizing/material/name+number bars, were all bang on. Side by side you could not tell the difference from pro. The NHL jerseys even had the fighting tie-down straps sewn in. I probably bought like 20 all together lol.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

There was a chinese website many years ago(like 15 or so) that sold knock off jerseys for peanuts. A buddy at work somehow found it. I believe it was like $25 for NFL and $45 for NHL jerseys, and they were freaking amazing. Colors/sizing/material/name+number bars, were all bang on. Side by side you could not tell the difference from pro. The NHL jerseys even had the fighting tie-down straps sewn in. I probably bought like 20 all together lol.

Give me a case of beer and I'll build you the bestester jersey of all the times!

33 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah, those are the ones I have. Toews Oly jerseys from '10/'14, Toews Hawks, Gilmour Leafs, Eberle Oilers and McDavid Oilers.... all are really well done. 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/02/15/blue-bombers-agree-terms-quarterback-dakota-prukop/

WINNIPEG, MB., February 15, 2022 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American quarterback Dakota Prukop to a one-year contract.

Prukop (6-1, 208, University of Oregon; born: October 17, 1993 in Austin, TX) joins the Blue Bombers in 2022 for what will be his fifth season in the Canadian Football League after spending time with the Toronto Argonauts (2017-19) and the Calgary Stampeders (2020-21) before joining the Edmonton Elks last year.

He has dressed for 49 career regular season games, completing 36 of 56 passes for 467 yards with four touchdowns and four interceptions while rushing 38 times for 173 yards and two touchdowns.

In eight games last season with the Elks, Prukop completed 18 of 26 passes for 183 yards with one TD and two interceptions while rushing 27 times for 134 yards and two scores.

Prukop began his collegiate career at Montana State, transferring to Oregon after graduating in 2016 to pursue his Masters in non-profit management.

He was signed by the Argos in 2017, spending three years in Toronto before signing with Calgary in 2020 before the cancellation of the 2020 season. Prukop was released by the Stampeders at the conclusion of training camp last year before joining the Elks.

12 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

To end the season in 2019 he went 10-17 for about 200 yards and 3 TD’s and 0 INT in two relief games with the Argonauts. So clearly he’s competent enough. Don’t feel great about this if god forbid there’s an injury for an extended period of time. 

There is literally no one available that I would be comfortable with if we had an injury to Collaros for an extended period of time. That includes Nichols, and even Streveler. 

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

To end the season in 2019 he went 10-17 for about 200 yards and 3 TD’s and 0 INT in two relief games with the Argonauts. So clearly he’s competent enough. Don’t feel great about this if god forbid there’s an injury for an extended period of time. 

He's a poor mans fajardo. Extremely athletic and physically tough. Much more of a natural scrambler, doenst rely on the one move he can make more happen with his legs. Has a strong enough arm to throw down field, but not a special arm by any means. Doesnt have particularly good zip, touch, or release. 

He's an awful lot better than dru brown, and in the same skill set / limitation. I hope we get a better no2 (which I doubt) or a much better developmental prospect for camp. But if not, I'd say he's better than mcguire showed last year. But Mcguire had a lot more arm talent. 

Fun fact, he was team mates with charles nelson in oregon. 

Just now, GCn20 said:

There is literally no one available that I would be comfortable with if we had an injury to Collaros for an extended period of time. That includes Nichols, and even Streveler. 

No, but a system could be run with streveler that would be good enough to win imo. It just would require an OC to cater to his skill set. 

Also, Edm has 3 better qbs on their roster right now. We gotta be able to find some one who is atleast able to develop into a blue chip prospect. 

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Maybe working with Collaros and Pierce can be beneficial for him.

Thats a stretch by lalji. Vaj was academically in eligible at the time of transfer and wasn't able to play till after dakota. Had he been eligible earlier, prukop would've been on the bench, vaj was handily ahead of him.  Both are small school athletic big sky transfers to oregon. But vaj shined in oregon and prukop was a bust. 

I'm not sure what the problem is... Prukop is not an overwhelmingly exciting QB prospect... but he has CFL experience and fits under the cap... that's about as good as we could've hoped for.

Let be honest... no matter who the back up is... if we lose Collaros for an extended period of time... it's going to be much tougher to compete. 

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm not sure what the problem is... Prukop is not an overwhelmingly exciting QB prospect... but he has CFL experience and fits under the cap... that's about as good as we could've hoped for.

Let be honest... no matter who the back up is... if we lose Collaros for an extended period of time... it's going to be much tougher to compete. 

Not a problem, per se,  just not an inspiring choice. 

I'm fine with that as a back-up and to run short yardage...maybe some gimmicky crap....when he got dumped I had hoped we kicked the tires...He has experience in the CFL and will give us exactly what McGuire did and that seemed to work out....maybe more as he is more experienced and he can scramble for yards. He not here to push ZC for starter job, and likely is a 1 yr guy here.

And he played behind crap lines his entire time in CFL and hasn't been in a room like we have here...I feel 100% better today knowing we hit camp with ZC...Prokoff and Brown and whatever new arms we bring in, than ZC...Brown and and a bunch of rooks

and really....BC loses the starter...their back-up is totally unproven, heck so is their starter, Sask...who the heck even is their back-up?...Ticats?...same...and prob only reason he was let go in Edm cause Jones is a fool and he didnt meet the eye test of bodytype...I would also rather have prokoff than Ottawa back up as well..experience is like gold...and playing behind a solid line...like we have can work wonders for a QB....see ZC in Sask vs here

Edited by Booch

Prukop is awful. I like the comparison to Faj....I'd almost ALMOST rather have Faj than Prukop. If he ever ha to actually start, we're ******. He's basically from the same group of Max Hall/Alex Brink QBs that we had from 2012-Nichols. But he's got experience running the short yardage, so at least he can do that. But I truly hope he gets beat out in camp. I mean there has GOT to be someone better....