Who are we likely to lose after this season??

Nolby

It's already been an incredible season and it's obviously not done,lots of players have come in and played absolutely phenomenal. Guys like Alexander,Alford, and a few others could be persued by the NFL(correct me if I'm worng about contracts etc.) And can't blame em. Were lucky that guys like Jefferson,Biggie,Jeffcoat are likely too old and will be staying. I guess we could add Castillo to that list but who goes and who surprisingly stays?

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Alford comes to mind as an immediate one. Alexander probably too old for the NFL.

I would HOPE we cut bait with Darvin.

Stanley Bryant, Andrew Harris, Adam Bighill all seem like guys who may retire - especially 33.

I'd keep Adams for cheaper. I don't know where he's gone but I guess our #2 behind Lawler now is Demski.

I wouldnt be surprised if we lose an ol, likely bryant or neufeld to retirement. Neuf isnt as old but he's had a lot of injuries over 10 seasons. 

Nick taylor will be 34 next year. I too hope we move on past darvin adams. He isnt a no2, or even a no3 wr any more. WIth injuries, I could see harris wanting to try next year but likely we've seen the last of harris as an every down every game back.

I think the NFL may come calling for alford and nichols. They may well come for lawler too. If not lawler and even bailey could be prime FA targets in the cfl. 

Collaros, and all our OL bodies will be prime targets in free agency, for those who dont re sign. We've gotta keep Eli and Desjerlais. Jeffcoat and Wilie would be hot commodities in the FA market too, they may have aged out of the NFL window now and might want long term high paying deals. But I could also see them wanting to stay here together. They are real close, and are great together. 

The mafia will have a tough off season. Not just in re signing guys who took cuts this year, but in possibly replacing a handful of starters who are nfl / retirement bound. 

If Harris is healthy... I could see him back for one more go... two reason: (1) this is likely to be a championship contending team again next year and (2) he'll likely fall just short of the 10,000 yard mark for his career by the end of this season... he could get there with a couple more games played...

However, I would think he usage would be 50%, at most... a literal and figurative hand off to Brady...

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

If Harris is healthy... I could see him back for one more go... two reason: (1) this is likely to be a championship contending team again next year and (2) he'll likely fall just short of the 10,000 yard mark for his career by the end of this season... he could get there with a couple more games played...

However, I would think he usage would be 50%, at most... a literal and figurative hand off to Brady...

agree 100%.  I think he could be very effective in a lot of short route wr/sb play to off set his carries too. Mesh concept, outs, screens, hitches etc. I wish we'd involve him in the passing game more this year and split his carries. 

I think that Harris will come back but it will require a big shave in money. Biggie will be back, and I think we have a great shot at Willie J again. Players of concern for me are Nichols, Alford, Jeffcoat and Lawler. Players we may move on from are Adams and Neufeld. I think another GC run and a chance at a dynasty would cement our chances of bringing back who we want from both our team and any FAs we would target.

Edited by GCn20

I would expect to lose many players this offseason but I also expect a lot of turnover elsewhere.

I don't think we lose Lawler. The Bombers have been chasing an elite WR and Lawler is shaping into one. I expect Walters to lock him up.

I was wondering if Walters (and possibly O'Shea) might be getting bored and would, potentially, look for new challenges. However, if we have lots of turnover, this may be the chance for them to "retool" the team, thus creating a new challenge. 

33 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think that Harris will come back but it will require a big shave in money. Biggie will be back, and I think we have a great shot at Willie J again. Players of concern for me are Nichols, Alford, Jeffcoat and Lawler. Players we may move on from are Adams and Neufeld. I think another GC run and a chance at a dynasty would cement our chances of bringing back who we want from both our team and any FAs we would target.

I wouldn't blame Jefferson for a second if he left for more money,dudes earned it and has already taken a pay cut.

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

I like Adams. Not as productive as previously, but dude plays with a mean streak... Blocks well.

And he's a home run hitter who can change the game in one play. Case in point the western semi against Calgary last year. 

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I wouldn't blame Jefferson for a second if he left for more money,dudes earned it and has already taken a pay cut.

If Chris Jones becomes a HC I wouldn't be surprised if Jefferson follows him

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

I would expect to lose many players this offseason but I also expect a lot of turnover elsewhere.

I don't think we lose Lawler. The Bombers have been chasing an elite WR and Lawler is shaping into one. I expect Walters to lock him up.

I was wondering if Walters (and possibly O'Shea) might be getting bored and would, potentially, look for new challenges. However, if we have lots of turnover, this may be the chance for them to "retool" the team, thus creating a new challenge. 

O'shea would probably want the Toronto job more than anything but no way Dinwiddie is going anywhere. Steinhauer in Hamilton isn't going anywhere either. He's ours! Leave our mans alone!!!!

Jefferson used to be a FA for hire - but maybe his family situation has caused him to look for for stability.

Lawler might get an NFL look if he continues on a crazy pace. We've seen guys his age do it recently.

Jeffcoat might be the guy that a team offers stupid money to that we're unable to match.

Alford, as our ROY candidate, might parlay that into an NFL looksee. 

Harris should probably retire.

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Neufeld or Bryant on the OL to retirement.

Don't see Jefferson or Jeffcoat leaving. Biggie likely does one or two more years.

Lawler isn't getting an NFL shot due to age and cost.

Nichols might not get another look at 27-28.

Alford could get a look for sure.

I think that Bryant comes back for another year at least, he is still playing at a high level. Jeffcoat is in line for a big raise, hopefully, we can afford him. No chance Biggie retires imo. He is still balling and loves the game. Imo, there is no chance Harris retires unless we really lowball him. He wants to pass Roberts for the Bombers record and he won't get it done this year.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

We've outbid teams for Jefferson before, no reason we can't do it again. That being said, Jefferson stayed with us in 2019 even though the Argos offered him more money.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I am just going to enjoy this season and worry about it after the Grey Cup.

x2. I'm trying to be a sponge and just soak up this season for all it's worth. This is an incredibly rare thing we're witnessing...you don't want to miss a second of it. I still remember the 01 season and that remarkable 12 game win streak and how much fun that was week in, week out. 

I'll worry about off-season stuff after the fun is over....hopefully sometime in January...