Who are we likely to lose after this season??

Nolby

13 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

It would mean an incredible change to the standard of living of he and his family. Housing prices alone would make the move a non-starter. 

Yeah, there's absolutely no way they'd ever factor in cost of living to his salary and other job perks............................................

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, there's absolutely no way they'd ever factor in cost of living to his salary and other job perks............................................

There is a cap for salaries though. I'm sure MLSE could find some other jobs for MOS, though. Like cutting the grass in the north end zone.

listen, all I'm saying is MOS is  Argos royalty. One of their all time greatest. He's born and raised in Ontario and spent his entire career there. I wouldn't blame the guy one iota if he eventually wanted to go there, and the idea that "well, housing is too expensive!" is laughable. That's not ever going to be an issue. 

As for Walters, also an Ontario guy whose entire life and career were there before coming to the Bombers. While less likely to leave, I still wouldn't be the least bit shocked if he did. And certainly wouldn't blame him.

But....these aren't things to worry about right now. Just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts....

As long as Walters is the GM, O’Shea will not leave.

As long as Miller is tge CEO/Pres, Walters will not leave.

Miller said upon taking the job  that he will not leave until the Bombers won 2 Grey Cup.

Im expecting we will win the back to back Grey Cup and probably a very difficult off-season after this.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

x2. I'm trying to be a sponge and just soak up this season for all it's worth. This is an incredibly rare thing we're witnessing...you don't want to miss a second of it. I still remember the 01 season and that remarkable 12 game win streak and how much fun that was week in, week out. 

I'll worry about off-season stuff after the fun is over....hopefully sometime in January...

Rare GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

If Chris Jones becomes a HC I wouldn't be surprised if Jefferson follows him

O'shea would probably want the Toronto job more than anything but no way Dinwiddie is going anywhere. Steinhauer in Hamilton isn't going anywhere either. He's ours! Leave our mans alone!!!!

I think the days of Jefferson following CJ are over- I think when Jefferson showed loyalty to CJ and resigned with the riders and then CJ just bolted to the NFL, that all left a real bad taste in his mouth.  I feel Osh is the kind of HC Jefferson's been looking for. 

I'm not sure Osh would go to TO, there is a lot less passion for the Argos than here- Osh has made it very clear that he views Winnipeg as a Football city and is very happy with it.

It is clear the Bombers are a top pick for guys to play based on 

-The team and coaching staff

-The front office

- The way the franchise treats players

-The stadium is second to none

-The fans are second to none

-The city is big enough/cost of living

We may lose some guys but plenty will be calling us up too.

O’Shea just fits Winnipeg well. I have erased his Argo days and he is a Winnipeger now. I think he loves coaching in front of big crowds in a city that really appreciates and loves CFL football. Makes me wonder if he knew what he knows now if he would of left Toronto in his plays days to play here.

Wade Miller also a big factor he gives them everything they need to win.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

listen, all I'm saying is MOS is  Argos royalty. One of their all time greatest. He's born and raised in Ontario and spent his entire career there. I wouldn't blame the guy one iota if he eventually wanted to go there, and the idea that "well, housing is too expensive!" is laughable. That's not ever going to be an issue. 

As for Walters, also an Ontario guy whose entire life and career were there before coming to the Bombers. While less likely to leave, I still wouldn't be the least bit shocked if he did. And certainly wouldn't blame him.

But....these aren't things to worry about right now. Just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts....

Some people don't move away and then pine for home the whole time.

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

It is clear the Bombers are a top pick for guys to play based on 

-The team and coaching staff

-The front office

- The way the franchise treats players

-The stadium is second to none

-The fans are second to none

-The city is big enough/cost of living

We may lose some guys but plenty will be calling us up too.

We were a wasteland for *many* years and I cannot overstate how important the work Miller, Walters and O'Shea put in was to creating a culture of success.  FIFO?  Absolutely. 

One thing that I really should have noted in this discussion about MOS.......once one learns of the greatness of Manitoba, it's an extremely desirable place to live. MOS, like me, is a big outdoors guy....hunting, fishing, camping, etc......and Manitoba's as good as it gets for that stuff. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

One thing that I really should have noted in this discussion about MOS.......once one learns of the greatness of Manitoba, it's an extremely desirable place to live. MOS, like me, is a big outdoors guy....hunting, fishing, camping, etc......and Manitoba's as good as it gets for that stuff. 

and don't forget about those "Skeeters".... all good, here in Manitoba... won't give it up