3 stars + HH Defense goes elk hunting

wbbfan

1 harris his best game since the grey cup. 24 carries, 150 yards, 2 tds 1 catch 24 yards. 

2 Biggie. All over the field, 0 flexs all night. 

3 Neufeld and Eli. Hardrick goes out for the game. Neufeld did great at T and Eli had atleast 4 pancakes and drove the pile twice. 

hh Nichols big blocked punt. He had some big hits tnite too.

Block of the game, demski on a DB for harris' 2nd td.  

Crunch of the game goes to miller with a big pop on the kick off cover. 

1 minute ago, do or die said:

There were some occasions that Walker and some other receivers had their heads on a swivel.   Bombers D closing like crazy on the ball.......

It's one thing to lay the smack down over the middle or running down hill. But the Bombers were smashing faces in in every direction. It's hard to explain just how amazing that pass break up by biggie was. The closing speed Just to get to the wr is next level.

This group of defenders all love to open a can of whoop ass. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like to be a wr vs these guys in winter. 

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

Eli is a beast...he'd be a top guard on any other team..here he's the 3rd option ..plus he coukd start at center anywhere else..his natural position...

A couple times he just kicked out and walled off multiple defenders. Idk if the Bombers can keep eli on the bench next year. It's an unprecedented position to be in in the cfl. 

30 minutes ago, do or die said:

There were some occasions that Walker and some other receivers had their heads on a swivel.   Bombers D closing like crazy on the ball.......

The post game on TSN alluded to the Elks receivers playing scared of our DB's... and for good reason.  

My 3 stars

1 - All of the DBs

2 - Bighill

3 - Bailey

HH - Harris

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

2 Biggie. All over the field, 0 flexs all night.

head man of the dark tribe. that's like an AEW stable.  love it.

3 Neufeld and Eli. Hardrick goes out for the game. Neufeld did great at T

You want to talk sick trades, the deal for Neuf ranks up there.  We got him in late 2013 in exchange for Alex Hall, who played like three games for Regina.  That was the first deal in the long march to create today's bombers.

It wasn't too long ago that posters here were calling for Paddy to be cut because he was too much of an injury liability.

Block of the game, demski on a DB for harris' 2nd td. 

this is a great addition to the 3+HH

Edited by johnzo

It's hard to pick the 3 stars because I feel Edm was equally as bad as Wpg was okay. 

Bombers weren't great in 2/3 phases and were okay/good enough 1/3.

1. Defense as a whole, Bighill in particular. 

2. OL, especially during garbage time. We've heard it said again and again that there is nothing more demoralizing to a team than knowing a team is going to run on you every play and still not being able to do a damn thing about it. Harris was okay but it was garbage time and the OL did the work. 

3. Coaches. MOS especially. This team doesn't take a night off. 

HH. Mike Benson. I was mad at myself for not knowing who the hell 40 was. Unsung hero. 

9 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup and he was playing mad tonight. 

He came off the field after his run along the side lines of the south endzone and was screaming at us fan in our section. Maybe he was just as annoyed as I was at the clown with his vuvuzela going non stop......or he coulda just been pumped up after a sweet play.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

can they keep him on the bench the rest of this year? 

Tough call I mean we use him a decent amount as the 6th ol in the heavy set. But right now there isn't a better run blocking guard in the league. Or interior linemen. 

8 hours ago, johnzo said:

head man of the dark tribe. that's like an AEW stable.  love it.

You want to talk sick trades, the deal for Neuf ranks up there.  We got him in late 2013 in exchange for Alex Hall, who played like three games for Regina.  That was the first deal in the long march to create today's bombers.

It wasn't too long ago that posters here were calling for Paddy to be cut because he was too much of an injury liability.

this is a great addition to the 3+HH

Adding block of the game was a great idea. When you mentioned it in the gdt I knew it was gold.