2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

23 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Can/will he take a cut to improve the line in front of him is the question. If not then I don’t see a lot of improvement. Look what Bighill did this year just to stay with the Bombers. Took a large cut so they could spend elsewhere and keep the team together. 

So let's say you get him to cut it by $150,000, that's basically one good offensive lineman. Does that do enough? Does he strike you as the type of guy to take a cut? He doesn't to me.

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So let's say you get him to cut it by $150,000, that's basically one good offensive lineman. Does that do enough? Does he strike you as the type of guy to take a cut? He doesn't to me.

The only difference between the 19 riders ol and the 21 ol is the 21 was young and the rider fans knew they were bad. The 19 ol was old and the rider fans thought they were better. 

The riders aren't 1 ol away. Not even a prime Bryant away. If I was them I'd be going hard after gray and Eli. Or especially desjarlais if he's a fa. 

Nothing and I mean nothing will fix Fajardo. Doesn't matter what line or wrs or running game he has. This in ability to throw 20 yards down field is between his ears. No outside force will change that. 

12 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Look what Bighill did this year just to stay with the Bombers. Took a large cut so they could spend elsewhere and keep the team together. 

Difference is Bighill is a team player and backs up what he says. Fajardo cries about the criticism he gets and can't hold himself accountable. I wouldn't compare those two players on equal footing. Champ vs. chump.

I think Vanstone has lost his mind.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The only difference between the 19 riders ol and the 21 ol is the 21 was young and the rider fans knew they were bad. The 19 ol was old and the rider fans thought they were better. 

The riders aren't 1 ol away. Not even a prime Bryant away. If I was them I'd be going hard after gray and Eli. Or especially desjarlais if he's a fa. 

Nothing and I mean nothing will fix Fajardo. Doesn't matter what line or wrs or running game he has. This in ability to throw 20 yards down field is between his ears. No outside force will change that. 

Faj needs permanently strained obliques.  I rewatched the '19 Division Final and he looked way better in that game than at any time this season.

20 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/12/07/paul-lapolice-wants-chris-streveler-as-his-starting-qb-with-ottawa-redblacks-for-2022-season/

Trigger warning: This article contains GRAPHIC IMAGES of Strev photoshopped into an RB uniform. You've been warned.

Jaysus!  3Down has become something to avoid, unless you're the kind who likes to venture into antivaxx groups for entertainment.

That's too bad, because the CFL needs more eyeballs and stories.  Just not like this.

Bryant...dude is still in his prime....best ever in my opinion

Gray and Eli won't leave here, and we wont let them either....guys wanna be here, and will accommodate like last year to do it...Play-off money speaks volumes, and people under estimate the brotherhood of this locker...case in point...who did we all see in the stands....having a blast on sunday...that speaks volumes too

If they win again...damn straight everyone will want that dynasty 3 in a row, and if they eff up and lose?....will fuel them even more

Strev, if he comes back...it will be here....He won't go anywhere else, definitely not to play in a Lapo watered down system...no way..no how...he's made close to well over a million bucks the last 2 years, he will be fine being 1b here behind Zack for another year...

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/12/07/paul-lapolice-wants-chris-streveler-as-his-starting-qb-with-ottawa-redblacks-for-2022-season/

Trigger warning: This article contains GRAPHIC IMAGES of Strev photoshopped into an RB uniform. You've been warned.

Does streveler want to play in the lapo system? Somehow I am not so sure... and go to a tire fire of a team... you gotta think there are better landing spots in the cfl. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Does streveler want to play in the lapo system? Somehow I am not so sure... and go to a tire fire of a team... you gotta think there are better landing spots in the cfl. 

Go back and play as a starter for the guy who he won a Grey Cup with and whose offensive schemes developed his game and showcased him enough to get him a look in The Show and over $1 million in salary? Yeah, who wants that? 🙄

He will go where the money and the opportunity (quite possibly in that order) is best. Loyalty means as much to a player as it does to a team, which is to say not much a sizeable amount of the time, especially where dollars are involved. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I'm purely guessing but I think CS remains 100% committed and focused to continuing to try to secure a spot in a NFL system. The CFL is currently only on his radar from a cheering perspective.

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm purely guessing but I think CS remains 100% committed and focused to continuing to try to secure a spot in a NFL system. The CFL is currently only on his radar from a cheering perspective.

This would be a very smart decision by CS. As much as I’d love to see him back in blue and gold I can’t see him coming back anytime soon. And why would you want to go to a team and get beat up behind a bad o line. 

19 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Go back and play as a starter for the guy who he won a Grey Cup with and whose offensive schemes developed his game and showcased him enough to get him a look in The Show and over $1 million in salary? Yeah, who wants that? 🙄

He will go where the money and the opportunity (quite possibly in that order) is best. Loyalty means as much to a player as it does to a team, which is to say not much a sizeable amount of the time, especially where dollars are involved. 

If anything..Lapo's system and use of him and what he prepared for him actually stagnated and regressed him....sure it showcased his running style, but he totallly neutered his passing and any work on it...His first season, he passed fairly well for a true raw rookie....

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I think it may actually be a good system for him.

Outside of the guy calling plays who is the main issue.

God would it knife my soul to play against him.

That being said I think Baltimore is the perfect spot for him.

Yeah I guess I don't see streveler back in the cfl next season. And at that point there are other places where a starting gig might be available. Toronto? Cause MBT ain't so **** hot. Edmonton, BC possibly. Maybe calgary if blm is done and they **** around with Maier. 

Lapos system might be fine, but his play calling was detrimental to Streveler. Don't believe the lapo fanbois who think he made the NFL notice streveler. He was on the radar before and opted to play in the cfl rather than just go for tryouts and Minicamps.  

I ain't saying he won't sign in Ottawa, but it won't be for Lapo, it would be for an opportunity to start plain and simple.