2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Pretty much. His team wasn't good and they used a poor rb by committee system. I don't think he gets a look in the draft. But I do think he gets a tc inv. I'd say he's a half year to year and a half guy. 

It has to be a major incentive for a lineman to come into a team and culture where the O-linemen are dominant, appreciated and coached to be their best.

Just now, Booch said:

Yeah..was a question as I don't follow the coming and goings of NFL...so don't know nor care what their protocols were

He lied about being vaccinated. He told NFL officials as well as those from the Packers that he was when he wasn't. No idea wht they didn't demand to see documents supporting his statement. If that was Cam Newton he'd be suspended but Rodgers wasn't. I liked Rodgers but he totally lost my respect. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He lied about being vaccinated. He told NFL officials as well as those from the Packers that he was when he wasn't. No idea wht they didn't demand to see documents supporting his statement. If that was Cam Newton he'd be suspended but Rodgers wasn't. I liked Rodgers but he totally lost my respect. 

Wasn't there a story about the Roughriders organization essentially having their players on the honour system for vaccinations? Basically not asking for proof from the players? I've searched, but cannot find a story. Maybe some kind of bizzaro nightmare that caused me to use Roughriders and honour in the same sentence...

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No that's not accurate... the team knew he wasn't vaccinated but they still broke protocol.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, Rodgers never lied to the NFL. He did that weird misleading lie to the media and fans. He asked the NFL for an exemption based on the magic beans he found and consumed but they didn't grant it. He followed all the Covid protocols the NFL has for unvaxxed players and still got Covid. That's why he wasn't suspended. 

However, Antonio Brown and others lied about their vaccine status, didn't follow the rules and all got 3 game suspensions. In the CFL, that was at least a suspension for the rest of the season. 

51 minutes ago, JCon said:

No, Rodgers never lied to the NFL. He did that weird misleading lie to the media and fans. He asked the NFL for an exemption based on the magic beans he found and consumed but they didn't grant it. He followed all the Covid protocols the NFL has for unvaxxed players and still got Covid. That's why he wasn't suspended. 

However, Antonio Brown and others lied about their vaccine status, didn't follow the rules and all got 3 game suspensions. In the CFL, that was at least a suspension for the rest of the season. 

He got fined for breaking protocol... but never lied to the team, they knew he wasn't vaccinated.

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-fined-300k-aaron-rodgers-allen-lazard-fined-14k-for-violation-of-covid-p

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

He got fined for breaking protocol... but never lied to the team, they knew he wasn't vaccinated.

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-fined-300k-aaron-rodgers-allen-lazard-fined-14k-for-violation-of-covid-p

Right, I meant he followed the process for unvaxxed players, doing the testing and whatnot. But, yes, he did break the protocols.

This is..........interesting........

The CFL is trying to work out of the financial hole mostly caused by the pandemic, commissioner Randy Ambrosie and the owners hope revenue sharing can help lead to prosperity around the league in the future.

“We used the crisis to really reexamine: how do we approach the business of the game? Because the game is great but the business has to punch at its weight in order to have a really good league,” Ambrosie said.

There are many financial questions facing the CFL and fans around the country are curious if the three-down league can progress onward and upward amid the crisis the virus has created.

“We found a way to restructure our business in a way that’s going to give us a much stronger foundation, a much, much stronger financial foundation,” Ambrosie said.

Behind the scenes, the board of governors agreed to a revenue sharing model between the franchises for the first time in almost 40 years.

“At the heart of the philosophy is that we want all teams to be able to break even, if they do some, most, if not all of the right things. And we’re going to hold each other accountable to that standard,” Ambrosie said.

The CFL lost between $60 and $80 million due to the cancelled 2020 season. Despite further financial losses for the league this year, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers except to post a “meaningful” profit.

“I’m not trying to suggest in any way, shape or form that we don’t have work to do, we do, we have lots of work to do in the days to come,” Ambrosie said.

“We’ll have to work tirelessly, [the Grey Cup] game will end at roughly 9:30 p.m. on Sunday night — we’ll take 12 hours off. And yes, we have challenges to face.”

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

Can't wait for my money to go to poor Rogers & Bell. 

There already is revenue sharing. TV revenue is split evenly. 

The league as a whole will already enjoy great prosperity due to new gambling dollars, yet Ambrosie calls for revenue sharing before the betting numbers are even counted. 

Fuckrightoff!

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

I know it sucks that the prairie teams will be floating the league basically, but keep in mind that Rogers/Bell etc are very large corporate entities with very little "human" decision making capabilities. Single owners like the Braleys of the world can understand why their team took a hit year and year and even be ok with it. Companies with stock holders DO NOT. They see only 1 thing and that's the amount of $$ they made or lost. End of discussion. No if ands or buts. And if a section of said company is only losing money year after year after year, they will let it die or sell it off.  The league can't afford to lose a team right now.

So what it comes down to, is making sure those companies don't see red after Q4 when it comes to the CFL.

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is..........interesting........

The CFL is trying to work out of the financial hole mostly caused by the pandemic, commissioner Randy Ambrosie and the owners hope revenue sharing can help lead to prosperity around the league in the future.

“We used the crisis to really reexamine: how do we approach the business of the game? Because the game is great but the business has to punch at its weight in order to have a really good league,” Ambrosie said.

There are many financial questions facing the CFL and fans around the country are curious if the three-down league can progress onward and upward amid the crisis the virus has created.

“We found a way to restructure our business in a way that’s going to give us a much stronger foundation, a much, much stronger financial foundation,” Ambrosie said.

Behind the scenes, the board of governors agreed to a revenue sharing model between the franchises for the first time in almost 40 years.

“At the heart of the philosophy is that we want all teams to be able to break even, if they do some, most, if not all of the right things. And we’re going to hold each other accountable to that standard,” Ambrosie said.

The CFL lost between $60 and $80 million due to the cancelled 2020 season. Despite further financial losses for the league this year, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers except to post a “meaningful” profit.

“I’m not trying to suggest in any way, shape or form that we don’t have work to do, we do, we have lots of work to do in the days to come,” Ambrosie said.

“We’ll have to work tirelessly, [the Grey Cup] game will end at roughly 9:30 p.m. on Sunday night — we’ll take 12 hours off. And yes, we have challenges to face.”

Inb4 we have to send a million bucks to the argos because they have no fans and need to go over the cap again to try and buy a contender. Having community owned teams profit share with mega wealthy privately owned teams is idiotic. 

The league was propping up teams for years, its all the same thing by another name. 

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

Can't wait for my money to go to poor Rogers & Bell. 

There already is revenue sharing. TV revenue is split evenly. 

Gotta off set rogers spending 200m on the jays 2022 roster. 

If any thing the league needs to do better by the players. Most if not every star in the league just took a pay cut this year after getting nothing in 2020. The NFL is making significant raises to PR money for the next 4 years. And we have the XFL and USFL in the next 2 years.  Not to mention they just played a shortened schedule with multiple 3 games in 6/7 day stretches, and dealt with all the covid procedures.  

Rather than prop up the corpse of a dead franchise (toronto) or give free money to the super wealthy, we should give back to our players. Revenue share with the players, and move the vet guarantee date waay up.  

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I know it sucks that the prairie teams will be floating the league basically, but keep in mind that Rogers/Bell etc are very large corporate entities with very little "human" decision making capabilities. Single owners like the Braleys of the world can understand why their team took a hit year and year and even be ok with it. Companies with stock holders DO NOT. They see only 1 thing and that's the amount of $$ they made or lost. End of discussion. No if ands or buts. And if a section of said company is only losing money year after year after year, they will let it die or sell it off.  The league can't afford to lose a team right now.

So what it comes down to, is making sure those companies don't see red after Q4 when it comes to the CFL.

The league can afford to lose a team. The league can not afford to float money to teams with cash rich owners. With no toronto the league continues. With no prairie teams it doesnt. 

This isnt about getting cash to mtl, or bc, its all about TO. Right now that ownership group has been the worst move the league has made in a long long time. 

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

Say what you will about Jones, but the guy wins. Winning with a ****** running the show beats being doormats and getting a new coach every 2nd year

Yeah, but you'll still be looking for a new coach right away once that ******* jumps to the next best offer......never fails. 

I see I'm a bit late with this but yikes why would the Elks want this freaking idiot around?  This is like throwing out the trash, and then grabbing someone else's trash and bringing it into your house.  Doesn't really solve the problems they have, just replaces a cancerous culture with diabetes.

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I see I'm a bit late with this but yikes why would the Elks want this freaking idiot around?  This is like throwing out the trash, and then grabbing someone else's trash and bringing it into your house.  Doesn't really solve the problems they have, just replaces a cancerous culture with diabetes.

I find it hard to believe as well because of the fact that he abandoned them once before...  I guess if you give him both the GM and Head Coach jobs he might stick around a little longer, but I'd still be nervous with him if I were the Elks.