2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Getting into it with fans... Whatever.... I draw a hard line at homophobic slurs. 

I am not excusing the slurs by any means. 

The slurs don't happen without confronting the fans. 

Why? For what gain?

I don't think you write an otherwise good person off because they got way too heated and used words they may (hopefully) regret. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Why would Strev come back to start for the Redblacks when he can make far more money sitting on a bench in the NFL?

There may come to a point after this yr where he won't have a bench to sit on...and if he is on a PR...he would make less than up in Canada

He is also a guy who won't wanna sit more than a few yrs rotting with no hope of playing time..he will be back at some point ..and it will be in Winnipeg..u can bank on it

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

There may come to a point after this yr where he won't have a bench to sit on...and if he is on a PR...he would make less than up in Canada

He is also a guy who won't wanna sit more than a few yrs rotting with no hope of playing time..he will be back at some point ..and it will be in Winnipeg..u can bank on it

Based on?

On 2021-12-08 at 10:45 PM, Booch said:

Only if he gets star qb money up Here. The nfl pr salary is going up 2300 bucks a week for 2022. That's about 210k for a season on the pr. Combine that with the taxes up here and the break even point has got to be like 300 or 350k. And it's still going up. 2021 to 2024 will see the nfl pr salary go up 30ish percent. That could have a big trickle down effect here in the cfl. 

He turns 27 in January. So he's got a couple years before he ages out too. Mbt kicked around prs and training camps for a long time. Strevy could well do the same. It'll Come down to If he wants to play. Unless the nfl goes back to 3 qb rosters I think his chance to every play is slim. 

If he does come back and starts for a year or two he could go back to the nfl and have a better chance. But I don't know if he comes back up here to back up. I'd love to have him back though. 

Edited by wbbfan

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

A bit of bomber news as Liam dobson our 3rd over all pick this year was an honorable mention all sunbelt player. He started all 12 games starting at 3 different positions on the ol. Rt rg and LG. He took snaps at center as well. 

I don’t follow college football too closely what’s the odds of him coming up here next year or is he going to get a look in the NFL?

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

the fact tho he is in our pipeline....along with Dejarlais..Couture..Gray..Eli...as our youth is very encouraging.... We be set for years on the interior with top end Canadians

Eli plays at home, Dobson on the road...good compromise...lol

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I would bet he gets a shot as a camp invite.

A guy that big who plays that physical and can dunk should get a look.

Pretty much. His team wasn't good and they used a poor rb by committee system. I don't think he gets a look in the draft. But I do think he gets a tc inv. I'd say he's a half year to year and a half guy. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Pretty much. His team wasn't good and they used a poor rb by committee system. I don't think he gets a look in the draft. But I do think he gets a tc inv. I'd say he's a half year to year and a half guy. 

Good for us! Loving the endless Canadian talent in the pipeline. Walters is definitely a wizard when it comes to scouting.