Covid-19

JCon

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

We also need better, faster test results. Want the economy back? Get people back to work after possible exposures with quick tests and test results. 

5 days is too long for people who work in the front lines and those in the service industry. 

Yes! This will be coming sooner then later I believe. But yeah a faster test will play a big part in getting us back to normal

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Yes! This will be coming sooner then later I believe. But yeah a faster test will play a big part in getting us back to normal

They can already do it in under 24 hours but they've not put the resources behind it.

The 15-minute test is coming too! That looks very promising. Imagine how quickly we can react with those tests! 

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else feel the government is inconsistent with its guidelines? Don't do Thanksgiving with people outside your household but Halloween is ok or Don't do Thanksgiving but bars are still open? Or limit your contacts with others but people can still play hockey, soccer etc.

Their consistency is in their inconsistency, though. The zig and zag and keep everyone on their toes. 

I can totally understand Trick or Treating. That should be pretty low risk for the kids as long as they're not going inside. 

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Their consistency is in their inconsistency, though. The zig and zag and keep everyone on their toes. 

I can totally understand Trick or Treating. That should be pretty low risk for the kids as long as they're not going inside. 

As long as they wearing masks. Long as hosts not wearing masks. Still think  we're gonna have spike because of it.

It'll be same as last year. Buy treats, turn off lights, lock doors, eat treats.

Our family hasn't cancelled Xmas as it's kind of early to do that. We have no idea what things will be like in 3 months. The Xmas dinner & celebrations we have eill be pretty low key. Just my myself, wife, son & daughter in law. 

Being a school bus driver I'm on the firing line with the kids I drive. I have to drive 60 kids to school everyday on 2 separate runs. I have to wear a mask & face shield with my students. If I catch Covid it'll be from my job & not from my family giving it to me. I don't have the fear I used to have about the virus as I am possibly exposed to it everyday. 

My son's 34th birthday is Sunday & they're coming over for dinner tomorrow. They'll also be here next weekend for Thanksgiving. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our family hasn't cancelled Xmas as it's kind of early to do that. We have no idea what things will be like in 3 months. The Xmas dinner & celebrations we have eill be pretty low key. Just my myself, wife, son & daughter in law. 

Being a school bus driver I'm on the firing line with the kids I drive. I have to drive 60 kids to school everyday on 2 separate runs. I have to wear a mask & face shield with my students. If I catch Covid it'll be from my job & not from my family giving it to me. I don't have the fear I used to have about the virus as I am possibly exposed to it everyday. 

My son's 34th birthday is Sunday & they're coming over for dinner tomorrow. They'll also be here next weekend for Thanksgiving. 

I thought you seemed familiar....

7vFv.gif

Just a suggestion for everyone’s consideration, not a demand. Perhaps the current GOP COVID outbreak comments can be put in the USPolitics thread and not in this thread to keep from cross cluttering of the threads? 

FYI Mr. Dee this is not a complaint about your last post. I was going to propose this before I got on here and saw your update just now - thanks for the news BTW. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

@TrueBlue4ever I understand what you’re saying, and it’s a choice I made only because Trump’s condition is directly related to COVID-19. I would not have included the GOP.

You're welcome BTW

Understandable that you posted here. The two topics are so intertwined now (sadly) that I fear a number of discussions back and forth on both threads, just thought declaring one place to do it would keep things cleaner. But no harm, no foul. 

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Understandable that you posted here. The two topics are so intertwined now (sadly) that I fear a number of discussions back and forth on both threads, just thought declaring one place to do it would keep things cleaner. But no harm, no foul. 

I'll add a Do or Die here...................

It's all fouled up......anyway...

On 2020-10-02 at 12:40 PM, JCon said:

We also need better, faster test results. Want the economy back? Get people back to work after possible exposures with quick tests and test results. 

5 days is too long for people who work in the front lines and those in the service industry. 

I agree. Just curious, what do you think about airports doing rapid testing? If a passenger arriving off an international flight into Canada  tests negative after a rapid Covid test should they be good to go without having to quarantine? I think they should 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree. Just curious, what do you think about airports doing rapid testing? If a passenger arriving off an international flight into Canada  tests negative after a rapid Covid test should they be good to go without having to quarantine? I think they should 

Absolutely not.  People in the early stages who are asymptomatic will often test negative. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maybe just a week of quarantine? Unfortunately the tests aren't as accurate as they should be. I still think we should error on the side of caution. 

Mark, do you realize that if we don't change the way we're doing things that in a year from now there is a good chance that high percentage of airlines will be out of business? Transportation & tourism will be devastated. It'll be the same in other industries across the board & that we'll be in a full blown depression similar to or worse than the Great Depression of the 1930's. These quarantine measures just can't continue the way they are now for any economic recovery. The job losses worldwide will be staggering. Temporarily yes, they were necessary but as time goes on they will become unsustainable.

We have to rely on science to help with the changes. The way Covid 19 is treated in hospital from March until today has changed because we know more about the virus than we did then. Mortality rates appeared to have dropped. Less people in hospital & ICU. When tens of millions around the world are suffering because they are unemployed, is it any worse than getting sick with Covid? No jobs, wars, mental anguish, homelessness, marriages & the family unit breaks down, increased violent crime. suicide & poverty. I don't know if being sick with the virus will ultimately be worse. We will have to open up totally at some point & that includes borders for travel even if the virus is present. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27