Covid-19

JCon

I'm starting this thread as a side discussion of all things Corona Virus related. I understand that this is going to be discussed in almost all other topic threads but we could collect news and other items here. 

At work, many conferences have been cancelled.

NBA - Suspended.

NHL - About to be suspended. 

NCAA March Madness - Playing - no crowd. 

Political Rallies have been cancelled. 

Travel bans. 

Rita Wilson and Tom Hanks tested positive. They're in Australia where testing is available. If they were in the US, they wouldn't have been tested. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I'm starting this thread as a side discussion of all things Corona Virus related. I understand that this is going to be discussed in almost all other topic threads but we could collect news and other items here. 

At work, many conferences have been cancelled.

NBA - Suspended.

NHL - About to be suspended. 

NCAA March Madness - Playing - no crowd. 

Political Rallies have been cancelled. 

Travel bans. 

Rita Wilson and Tom Hanks tested positive. They're in Australia where testing is available. If they were in the US, they wouldn't have been tested. 

Wrestlemania under discussion today.  AEW moved next week's event to July.

Some places recommending no gatherings over 50 people.

117 cases in Canada per

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Updated details as of this morning:

Foreign nationals will not be able to use the UK, or a non-European or European-exempt country, as a pass-through to get to the United States.

Homeland Security confirmed foreign nationals who have been in any of the banned 26 European nations in the previous two weeks will be denied entry into the states. This is for all foreign nationals and not specific to Europeans.

The 26 countries are all in the Schengen Area, and includes:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Along with the UK, the countries of Ireland, Croatia, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania are excluded from the travel ban.

This is restrictions on people coming in, not goods. Trade not impacted.

Americans, legal U.S. residents, and (in most cases) immediate family of Americans can still leave Europe and return to the U.S., but will be required to depart from specific airports as directed by the U.S. government and will undergo a health screening before departure.

Currently the ban is set for 30 days starting tomorrow. Could be shortened or extended

FYI, Im not a panic person and I think things will be okay.  But I DO find this whole thing incredibly fascinating and Im consuming as much info as possible.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I cant believe Vegas has been spared so far.

WWE also planning to move events to Performance Centre in Florida.

I was at Disneyland a week ago... if you didn't watch the news, you would have had no idea this was going on.

On 2020-03-12 at 9:59 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

f*** but I don't have any pre-existing conditions to worry about, and I haven't been overseas anywhere in my life (I've only been as far west as Kelowna, as far east as Kenora, as far north as Yellowknife and as far south as Rapid City, SD) I hope the woman effected recovers because they keep saying the death rate is like 2 percent

Edited by iHeart

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ive seen a lot of questions about that...like...how are Disney parks still open?

It was actually quite shocking how non-existent the prevention measures were (from the park and other guests).  Only noticed one couple using masks and very few people using hand sanitizer.  I wouldn't be surprised if those places end up being hotspots for infection.  I can't say it was just there though as we also noticed a lack of people taking precautions in the airports.

Just now, bigg jay said:

It was actually quite shocking how non-existent the prevention measures were (from the park and other guests).  Only noticed one couple using masks and very few people using hand sanitizer.  I wouldn't be surprised if those places end up being hotspots for infection.  I can't say it was just there though as we also noticed a lack of people taking precautions in the airports.

Especially given the fact it doesnt seem to be impacting Children very harshly to where many children have no symptoms but are carriers.  As "clean" as they might try to keep those parks, the enormous number of people touching shared surfaces, huddled together, bodily fluids everywhere (kids like to leak).

18 minutes ago, iHeart said:

f*** but I don't have any pre-existing conditions to worry about, and I haven't been overseas anywhere in my life (I've only been as far west as Kelowna, as far east as Kelowna, as far north as Yellowknife and as far south as Rapid City, SD) I hope the woman effected recovers because they keep saying the death rate is like 2 percent

I'm not worried about the illness affecting me. I am not old (despite what my kids say - those little punks!) but I am worried that I could pass it on to someone else with a compromised immune system or my elderly grandmother or my mother or my in-laws... Or, I pass it on to someone else that, in-turn, passes it on to someone else who could get really sick or worse.