2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

$375........ ai yi yi. Giant no thanks...... I'm coming home in a couple weeks and will definitely be spending a schwack of cash at the Bombers Store, but that's just crazy.

Wish I could go on a shopping spree at the bomber store. Maybe easter weekend.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Wish I could go on a shopping spree at the bomber store. Maybe easter weekend.

I worked an awful lot of overtime since January 1. I told everyone who paid me that they could just make the cheque out to Mr Miller, but whatever...I'll take the circuitous route :)

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I worked an awful lot of overtime since January 1. I told everyone who paid me that they could just make the cheque out to Mr Miller, but whatever...I'll take the circuitous route :)

Just remember all cash pays. Wife ain't gots to have a paper trail. 

Speculation is better than a paper trail. All receipts are right in the trash. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Just remember all cash pays. Wife ain't gots to have a paper trail. 

Speculation is better than a paper trail. All receipts are right in the trash. 

She might be spending more than I do while we're home....she is some kinda excited. We're having "discussions" about possibly buying seasons tickets even though we live south of Red Deer, AB..... just to support the team, because we can. And get a discount on merch and stuff. We'll see...at any rate, my point is more that she's as much in on this as me. Ha ha. It's all well and good till I see that she's enjoying those Adam Bighill workout videos on Insta a little too much...... ;)

On 2020-03-03 at 7:29 AM, Jpan85 said:

for a lot of those bad years, no matter how badly we were getting crushed, there was always hope when Jovon returned a punt.  Guy sparked so many rallies over the years.  had a huge role in the Casey Printers retirement game .. played out of his mind during that brief hopeful three game win streak of 2009 .. along with guys like Terrance Edwards he was one of the very few reasons to watch the Bombers for a long stretch.

Thanks for your time as a bomber, Mr. Johnson and all the best for your next act.

Edited by johnzo

On 2020-03-03 at 11:22 AM, Noeller said:

$375........ ai yi yi. Giant no thanks...... I'm coming home in a couple weeks and will definitely be spending a schwack of cash at the Bombers Store, but that's just crazy.

This is for the Old Boys club that ran the board before Wade took over. I could walk 100ft to the boss's office and find a 1990 one in his closet.

On 2020-03-03 at 11:22 AM, Noeller said:

I definitely can’t justify spending $400 on a jacket. If the price was more reasonable, even half that I’d definitely bite the bullet.

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/06/bombers-head-coach-mike-oshea-new-oc-buck-piece-will-add-his-flavour-to-offence/

Even though the buck stops with Pierce on offence, the first-time offensive coordinator isn’t building the new offence by himself.

“We’ve never worked that way. Everybody understands that you want as many good ideas from as many good people as possible. No one in our building believes they’re the smartest one in the room,” said O’Shea.

“The offensive staff is in right now. There’s the four guys that are working hard. They’re working on plays and concepts. They’re looking at opponent film. They’re studying other teams. They’re studying other leagues. They check a lot of things we’ve done for validity and then they look at other great ideas that other smart people have and see how it fits. Eventually what comes about by the end of April is a playbook you can present to the players.”

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/06/bombers-head-coach-mike-oshea-new-oc-buck-piece-will-add-his-flavour-to-offence/

Even though the buck stops with Pierce on offence, the first-time offensive coordinator isn’t building the new offence by himself.

“We’ve never worked that way. Everybody understands that you want as many good ideas from as many good people as possible. No one in our building believes they’re the smartest one in the room,” said O’Shea.

“The offensive staff is in right now. There’s the four guys that are working hard. They’re working on plays and concepts. They’re looking at opponent film. They’re studying other teams. They’re studying other leagues. They check a lot of things we’ve done for validity and then they look at other great ideas that other smart people have and see how it fits. Eventually what comes about by the end of April is a playbook you can present to the players.”

Which was mentioned before by myself and others that the Offence with Lapo as the O/C was a group collective thing, with a Lapo philosophy/mindset, so a Pierce as OC shouldn't be fraught with growing pains as all the guys are back (sans lapo) and we added the Calgary assistant who I bet adds something different for our attack...I see no issues here at all and with the Lapo departure I think he takes his passive/predictable approach with him, and our offence is all of a sudden dynamic, and unpredictable

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Which was mentioned before by myself and others that the Offence with Lapo as the O/C was a group collective thing, with a Lapo philosophy/mindset, so a Pierce as OC shouldn't be fraught with growing pains as all the guys are back (sans lapo) and we added the Calgary assistant who I bet adds something different for our attack...I see no issues here at all and with the Lapo departure I think he takes his passive/predictable approach with him, and our offence is all of a sudden dynamic, and unpredictable

Zach_Collaros_2019_11-1600x902.jpg

I think being a former CFL QB and having been in the fire and having a feel for how things develop and progress during a game will serve him better, and from my experience in game adjusting and scheming to beat or counter what a team is doing against you gets a bit over played..save for the time when a team does something totally new and you have no film on, so you don't know it's tendencies, so you have to go trial by fire to see what works...

Thats why when I hear broadcasters yammer on about making all these "adjustment" at halftime kind of make me laugh...if you have smart players, and good communication in the huddle the players can adjust and tweak what they were doing themselves on the field to combat whatever varying a defense is doing from their norm..and vice versa..