Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Randle was acquired via trade... but it’s still a credit to our scouting since Calgary wasn’t  utilizing him and we saw him as a shut down corner...

https://www.bluebombers.com/2014/02/10/bombers-acquire-chris-randle-from-calgary/

He was their Rookie of the Year nominee

49 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

All I remember is that virtually none of us had even heard of him, but the second the deal was announced, @Mikewas talking about what a huge addition it was going to be. Sure enough, was our best DB for a few years.... 

Tait*er*Gems:

Winnipeg had 31 pending free agents as ’18 came to a close.
This year we had 25, 4 of which have been extended.

Last year, they attacked that free agent group significantly: 
re-signing Adam Bighill, Nic Demski, Stanley Bryant, Jermarcus Hardrick, Brandon Alexander, Jesse Briggs, Michael Couture, Shayne Gauthier, Jeff Hecht, Jackson Jeffcoat, Justin Medlock, Thomas Miles, Chad Rempel, John Rush, Jake Thomas and Kyrie Wilson, and then Drake Nevis a few weeks into the proceedings.
This year, so far...Hardrick, Wolitarsky, Maston and Neufeld have been extended

Then we were hit by losing 3 Canadian starters...Loffler and Chungh to FA and Goosen to retirement. 
Also...Released : Chris Randle, Moe Leggett, Kevin Fogg, Jovan Santos-Knox, Tristan Okpalaugo and Ian Wild and the retirement of Weston Dressler

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/12/21/year-review-reloading-2018/

That is quite the list the Bomber lost and overcame. Can we do it again?

I think so!

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

All I remember is that virtually none of us had even heard of him, but the second the deal was announced, @Mikewas talking about what a huge addition it was going to be. Sure enough, was our best DB for a few years.... 

Was a huge fan of that move I had gotten a Randle jersey before he even played a game.

On 2019-12-21 at 9:09 AM, Noeller said:

He  was an all star with the Stamps before Randle came here.  It was a big addition at the time. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

He was considered a big name signing and proved to be so.

Definitely not a under radar player 

Yeah he one of guys I wished we could have got a cup for..was a leader and mentor here..and all around classy guy...wouldn't have pulled a gaitor on us if he got demoted that's for sure

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah he one of guys I wished we could have got a cup for..was a leader and mentor here..and all around classy guy...wouldn't have pulled a gaitor on us if he got demoted that's for sure

No doubt, I feel for  guys like him, Goosen (even if he has moved on to a good career and was not around an overly long time), and Wild.

Randle was a very big part of the team's turn around 

Edited by Geebrr