Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mark H.

2019 - My own Weird Diehard Take

Recommended Posts

I went ‘at times’ to look at the collection of curiosities at IG Field & Winnipeg Stadium, and it became somewhat known for its ineptitude - not speaking the language of football effectively. Some were greatly interested; others, after you talked to me them for a while, said they had long since given up on the Blue & Gold. They said die hard fans like ourselves were possibly so unique, that they could be displayed in a museum.

If they had known what it had cost to be loyal to the Bombers, they would also have known that it would break any museum to buy such loyalty. But A. Harris and co. have been hard at work on their craft, and they had made good progress, it has been accomplished under great difficulty and doubting, for many had given up on believing in the mean time.

What about the secret sauce then? There is no secret sauce - they worked hard and they won as a team.

#fortheW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 66 Chevelle said:

sometimes you just have to want it more... that was on full display yesterday... the better team did in fact win...

My take was that to get to that game we had to beat Calgary in Calgary and then Sask in Sask. Hamilton only had to beat Edmonton in Hamilton. Who was better battle hardened? You saw the result yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J5V said:

My take was that to get to that game we had to beat Calgary in Calgary and then Sask in Sask. Hamilton only had to beat Edmonton in Hamilton. Who was better battle hardened? You saw the result yesterday.

without a doubt... our Bombers were road tested against the toughest competition in the playoffs... it should have been no surprise to anyone that they would come out and smack the TiCats right in the mouth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J5V said:

My take was that to get to that game we had to beat Calgary in Calgary and then Sask in Sask. Hamilton only had to beat Edmonton in Hamilton. Who was better battle hardened? You saw the result yesterday.

Precisely my take.  Who could watch them go into Calgary with that kind of game plan and execution, and just take it to BLM & CO - yet still unanimously pick Hamilton to win?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Remember when playing in Calgary meant we were for sure going to lose? Wow....

The quote from BLM after WSF says it best: "you had a good game plan, now go get 'em."  People that actually know the game and were paying attention could see what was going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J5V said:

My take was that to get to that game we had to beat Calgary in Calgary and then Sask in Sask. Hamilton only had to beat Edmonton in Hamilton. Who was better battle hardened? You saw the result yesterday.

The Ti-Cats had first place locked up for a while and then took the crossover team out back, getting a cakewalk to the big game. And then all week, it was a lot of talk from the big names - and I genuinely believe that talk got their heads and they expected an easy, exhausted opponent. Complacency set in.

We all know how it worked out. Did any player on the Ti-Cats stand out last night? Not really. They got smacked around early and never really recovered, looking stunned and shell-shocked by the time it was all over. 

I'm not big on the whole "team of destiny" notion, as I believe it takes away from the hard work of the coaches and players. These guys battled - hard - for three games all on the road. For one another, they were constant in their collective relentless effort, unwavering teamwork, and incredible perseverance for a common goal. If anything, the 2019 Blue Bombers created their own destiny and the football gods smiled down upon them for their hard work. This was a championship run for the ages, not only for the fact it erased 29 years of heartache and failure, but also in how impressively dominant they were in these games against strong opponents.

This organization, this fanbase, and dare I say this city - needed this victory. These players have cemented their legacy as legends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collaros coming for the final 4 games at QB, the most crucial position in football, gave us a real one-two punch. We were able to score points and chew up clock time - fewer 2-outs. Concurrent changes in the secondary: Mercy Maston, Nick Jones, Brandon Alexander at Safety, also huge. We were able to protect a lead and force turnovers. Neither of those elements were consistent until Week 18.  So it was almost like the complete team only arrived by Week 18 and it continued to get better with each contest and finally peaked in the Grey Cup. Champions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Booch said:

BLM did pick the Bombers too..he knew lol

The "expert" analysts were all picking Hamilton. A large number of current players from other teams were taking the Bombers. I'll side with the guys that actually played against both teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ediger said:

The "expert" analysts were all picking Hamilton. A large number of current players from other teams were taking the Bombers. I'll side with the guys that actually played against both teams.

tsn person, don't remember if was sanchez or Benevides, picked the Bombers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ediger said:

The "expert" analysts were all picking Hamilton. A large number of current players from other teams were taking the Bombers. I'll side with the guys that actually played against both teams.

Quite a few current players on record chose Bombers..Lemon..Posey ..Burnham..BLM....players know better than experts..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Every player I saw sitting in on the panel during the pre-game shows also picked Winnipeg and was always met with some version of "Really?" from one of the talking heads.

Exactly this. Just completely clued out and parroting the same old cliches. “The first place team usually...blah, blah, blah.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Collaros coming for the final 4 games at QB, the most crucial position in football, gave us a real one-two punch. We were able to score points and chew up clock time - fewer 2-outs. Concurrent changes in the secondary: Mercy Maston, Nick Jones, Brandon Alexander at Safety, also huge. We were able to protect a lead and force turnovers. Neither of those elements were consistent until Week 18.  So it was almost like the complete team only arrived by Week 18 and it continued to get better with each contest and finally peaked in the Grey Cup. Champions!

Think that the changes in the back 7 actually to some extent "liberated" Hall to play more pressure/man sets back there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-25 at 4:37 PM, Mark H. said:

I went ‘at times’ to look at the collection of curiosities at IG Field & Winnipeg Stadium, and it became somewhat known for its ineptitude - not speaking the language of football effectively. Some were greatly interested; others, after you talked to me them for a while, said they had long since given up on the Blue & Gold. They said die hard fans like ourselves were possibly so unique, that they could be displayed in a museum.

If they had known what it had cost to be loyal to the Bombers, they would also have known that it would break any museum to buy such loyalty. But A. Harris and co. have been hard at work on their craft, and they had made good progress, it has been accomplished under great difficulty and doubting, for many had given up on believing in the mean time.

What about the secret sauce then? There is no secret sauce - they worked hard and they won as a team.

#fortheW

I  resemble that comment    😆

Edited by B-F-F-C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...