107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers

JCon

14 hours ago, AKAChip said:

I don’t mind them leaving Harris off but it’s pretty ironic that the long snapper they voted for was also busted for PEDs this season. 

That's messed up.  I mean really, really messed up.

My opinion is that the "cheaters" should be ineligible for awards and for all-star selection. 

However.... that is not what the rules are. Winnipeg writers got on their high and mighty horses and decided to vote for what they think is ethically correct as opposed to the actual criteria for the awards and selections. As the awards criteria is written, it's a farce that Harris wasn't nominated for top CDN and MOP for the Bombers as well as clearly should have been the RB all star. 

What an even further farce now that someone in the exact same boat made the all star team. I'm an Ambrosie fan, but this is incredibly embarrassing for the league. 

I've been trying to cheer myself up about how badly we lost both times we played HAM. Then I remembered... Hecht was safety in those games. Could't tackle or cover in game #1, and it was much much worse in game #2 as he got beat like a rented mule on deep passes all game. 

I think that may have actually been the game that sealed his demotion. See everyone SEE it'g going to be better Sunday!

3 minutes ago, Rubanski said:

I've been trying to cheer myself up about how badly we lost both times we played HAM. Then I remembered... Hecht was safety in those games. Could't tackle or cover in game #1, and it was much much worse in game #2 as he got beat like a rented mule on deep passes all game. 

I think that may have actually been the game that sealed his demotion. See everyone SEE it'g going to be better Sunday!

Traditionally Bo Levi Mitchell bent the defense over a barrel and showed them the 50 states, considering the turn around in the WSF I have faith they can do the same against Evan's.

25 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So that Hamilton fan and his tweet, putting aside his not knowing that Lawrence is a linebacker, does he realize that a db leading the league in tackles would be a bad thing because it was mean that player was getting targeted every game?

Exactly.

I'm sure WJ would have love to pad stats against mostly East teams.

Lawrence isn't even the best LB in the game.

Biggie all ******* day over that dirt bag fool.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I think player attitude has more to do with that than anything. Lawerence is out there yacking with them media and performing interviews, etc, etc.

MOS seems to have our guys holed up and we aren't putting ourselves out there.

#nodistractions

https://www.cfl.ca/live/2019/11/19/cflgametime-live-winnipeg-blue-bombers-media-day/

39 minutes ago, Rubanski said:

Very true, expecting Alexander to be a difference maker.

Posted this in the wrong spot...

Weather update for Sunday (TWO DAYS AWAY!!!!!!!)

Mix of sun and clouds

High of 3 feels like -1

Night -5

Wind out of the west at 21km/h, gusting to 32. 

No precipitation. 

I have to say, I like this trend. It's showing colder and colder as the week goes along.

Evans is an Oklahoma native and played at Tulsa. Don't get many cold weather starts in Tulsa.

I checked their schedule, for fun, to see if they might have played some games in the cold and only found one game further north. In 2015. the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes (Really?) played away at the Cincinnati Bearcats on November 14th. According to https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/cincinnati/historic?month=11&year=2015, the weather was 5 degrees Celsius at game time. 

Player School Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Dane Evans Tulsa 30 49 61.2 375 7.7 8.5 2 0 139.

Lots of throws. Lots of misses.

Tulsa lost to Cincinnati 49-38. 

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Rios as well...whom I think is gonna be a good player...was used and abused pretty much on all the big plays and scores...if you watch game highlights him and Hecht were prominently displayed...and not in a good way...also Fenner who came on as season went on was out there...not abused as much...but has less speed than Jones and isn't as good in coverage...though I htink he is really missed on teams and reason why we havn't been as good in kick coverage the last little while

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

think sask tried several passes in the middle at the end of the  game, that goal post or not, would have been intercepted by Alexander.

think that Alexander to safety and the other changes on defence that they made at the season's end, completely changed the Defence .

One thing certain, secondary went from confused, out of position, and lost, to extremely effective.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

think sask tried several passes in the middle at the end of the  game, that goal post or not, would have been intercepted by Alexander.

think that Alexander to safety and the other changes on defence that they made at the season's end, completely changed the Defence .

One thing certain, secondary went from confused, out of position, and lost, to extremely effective.

MOS mentioned that there was no way that pass was going to be complete on his coaches show when looking at the replays.