2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Suddenly, with this sweeping statement, Dinwiddie doesn’t sound so blue-eyed-dreamy anymore..

Whether true or not, that's quite a thing to take credit for BLM success...... especially when you have Dave Dickenson and John Hufnagel in the equation.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Talk about setting yourself up for failure. He doesn't get those qbs going that quote is a noose around his neck. 

Seem to recall someone else coming to the rescue in Wpg and saying he was a QB guru and no one else would touch the QBs.... Wonder what Winwiddie thinks of shotgun snaps.... 

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Talk about setting yourself up for failure. He doesn't get those qbs going that quote is a noose around his neck. 

A quote taken out of context, don't help the media idiots spread their ****, watch the entire interview.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/12/13/dinwiddie-introduced-as-argos-head-coach/

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

I am not too worried about what Dinwiddie thinks of himself. I only care that he convinces Pinball that the 9th pick and Arbuckle are better than Collaros.

Until we have signed a couple of QB's I am concerned that Lapo brings Nichols to OTT and Pinball overpays Collaros and he goes to T.O. I really don't see us as a landing spot for Arbuckle and can imagine him extending in Calgary over signing in a system he's unfamiliar with.

As my coaching and GM worries have been allayed I do expect the same for my QB concerns. I am confident that we will have 2 of Strev, Nichols and Collaros and I am fine with any 2.

45 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I am not too worried about what Dinwiddie thinks of himself. I only care that he convinces Pinball that the 9th pick and Arbuckle are better than Collaros.

Until we have signed a couple of QB's I am concerned that Lapo brings Nichols to OTT and Pinball overpays Collaros and he goes to T.O. I really don't see us as a landing spot for Arbuckle and can imagine him extending in Calgary over signing in a system he's unfamiliar with.

As my coaching and GM worries have been allayed I do expect the same for my QB concerns. I am confident that we will have 2 of Strev, Nichols and Collaros and I am fine with any 2.

There is no way Arbuckle re-ups in CGY....basically assuring himself of back-up status..and money...and most likely bottom barrel back-up salary as they are already into BLM for what..almost 700k?..no way id huff gonna pay 850--900k on 2 QB's

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

There is no way Arbuckle re-ups in CGY....basically assuring himself of back-up status..and money...and most likely bottom barrel back-up salary as they are already into BLM for what..almost 700k?..no way id huff gonna pay 850--900k on 2 QB's

Do they go full crazy and cut BLM to keep Arbuckle? 

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Time for Walters to fleece Huf. 😎

That would be an expensive trade. Cost you picks and a lot of cap space. I think Toronto would be a more likely destination.

Now, if BLM came up on the open market, I could see Walters taking a swing. I think BLMs pride would allow him to take a little less in order to see the Stamps up to 3 (or 4) times per year. 

BLM hasn't been the same for a couple years. I don't know that he's ever gonna be 100% ever again and not worth the money that some crazy team would pay him. I don't want us to be the ones to overpay. Nichols/Collaros at 400k vs BLM at 700+? I'll take our guys thanks... 

12 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Suddenly, with this sweeping statement, Dinwiddie doesn’t sound so blue-eyed-dreamy anymore..

He was on 1290 this afternoon and did not say this.   He said that he was lucky to come into Calgary with an already established BLM.   He did say that BLM won his first MOP while working under himself though.  He said he was humbled coming to Calgary because he thought he knew so much but after spending time with DD and Huff that he grew and continually is learning. 

Dinwiddie came off ok on the radio interview but yikes he may be facing an impossible challenge.  He basically said that he isn't familiar with the coaching staff and the players on the team and that his plan is to bring exciting football (on the offense) to help bring the Argos fans out to the games.  Sounds like he's coming in blind and will evaluate and make decisions once he looks at the staff and the players.  

He desperately will need Claybrooks or someone else to help carry the load for the team. 

Edited by Brandon

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

BLM hasn't been the same for a couple years. I don't know that he's ever gonna be 100% ever again and not worth the money that some crazy team would pay him. I don't want us to be the ones to overpay. Nichols/Collaros at 400k vs BLM at 700+? I'll take our guys thanks... 

Dickenson doesn't agree with that. He's said a number of times that he felt BLM was playing the best football of his career after he came back from his injury. 

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

This aged just oh so well lolololol

1 for 3 isn't so bad... as of yet anyway... could still be more to be passed out... it was also followed by 'if we had to keep anyone it would be MOS'... is as of now seems the most likely... unlike others, I don't back track, I said it then and I still believe it would have been best for the team long term...

Just now, 66 Chevelle said:

1 for 3 isn't so bad... as of yet anyway... could still be more to be passed out... it was also followed by 'if we had to keep anyone it would be MOS'... is as of now seems the most likely... unlike others, I don't back track, I said it then and I still believe it would have been best for the team long term...

Still would be wrong though