2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Zack is gonna have to I think accept the fact he is going to get a moderate upfront signing bonus...the 150 to 200k ones waved bye bye after last year, and a decent base with large play-time bonuses...protects his team, and gets him paid well if he can stay on the field..any team that gives him 200k again before the first snap of the season and then hard money totaling 250 to 350k more as the base salary spread over the season should have their G.M shot

Agree. I'd say the same thing for Nichols contract. At his age, modest resume, and coming off throwing shoulder surgery. Whoever signs him should (key word) give him a modest contract with incentives. Signing him for $500K base salary or more per year is a fireable offence. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Zach Collaros and his concussion history are not in a position to rule anything out right now. It's unlikely there will be any teams looking to throw a wad of cash at him so he is simply not ruling anything out. As he should. If Toronto comes calling for him with a dollar number in the same neighborhood as us, and I doubt Walters will offer him much, he will go there.

Maybe Collaros, like Neuf, wasn't really injured for most of the season. Just on the IR to get the younger players playing time and to save SMS. Maybe he isn't an injury issue at all. Heck.. maybe being injury prone isn't a real thing at all. 😂🤣😂

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Maybe Collaros, like Neuf, wasn't really injured for most of the season. Just on the IR to get the younger players playing time and to save SMS. Maybe he isn't an injury issue at all. Heck.. maybe being injury prone isn't a real thing at all. 😂🤣😂

Emojis = Sarcasm indicator, I'm getting it now...

25 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Agree. I'd say the same thing for Nichols contract. At his age, modest resume, and coming off throwing shoulder surgery. Whoever signs him should (key word) give him a modest contract with incentives. Signing him for $500K base salary or more per year is a fireable offence. 

In defence of Nichols,  he was 7-2 when he went down,  and it has been posted here that he would have won the grey cup if he played.  

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We need some kind of RFA for younger players under 30. The older guys 30 & up should still be unrestricted. 

I am of the opinion that the massive changes in player personnel makes it difficult for fans to identify year to year with a team. There has to be some sort of compromise between losing half a roster off season and players being held hostage.

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Jesus.... looks like it's a done deal

The west... is going to be a dog fight this year... 

I'm just straight up confused by this. Why'd he leave in the first place?

I know Jacksonville is struggling, but he seems to have done good work with the QBs. I feel like his job isn't in jeopardy.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

I'm just straight up confused by this. Why'd he leave in the first place?

I know Jacksonville is struggling, but he seems to have done good work with the QBs. I feel like his job isn't in jeopardy.

Milanovich's HC record with the Argos was 43W-47L over 5 full seasons, and that was with Ricky Ray, who he could not protect properly and lost repeatedly to season ending injury after absorbing brutal bone-breaking sacks.   Should we blame Milanovich?   Definitely.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

He ended badly in TO.

Not sure it is an instant upgrade.

That GC he won in TO, he was surrounded by the best staff in recent memory. Without that, I'm curious to see what he can do. He'll be a calmer influence on the sideline than Maas (who isn't?) and will likely be a very good fit with Harris.......but outside of that.................

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

That GC he won in TO, he was surrounded by the best staff in recent memory. Without that, I'm curious to see what he can do. He'll be a calmer influence on the sideline than Maas (who isn't?) and will likely be a very good fit with Harris.......but outside of that.................

Carrot Top would be a more calming influence on the sidelines than Maas.