Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

4 hours ago, Booch said:

I think this Oshea to T.O thing has grown it's own legs and came from nowhere...and won't happen.

He likes it here..has created something really good and am sure would like to really establish a legacy...Sure he played on  S. Ont ...so what...only a fool leaves a good thing, to go to a bad situation, and be basically insignificant and an after thought in a poor market

It started with one journalist, who admitted it was pure speculation, wondering out loud if the connection between Pinball and MOS might tempt either guy.

Then Hodge jumps on it as if it were a done deal and things evolve from there. It really has zero credible sources at all

1 hour ago, Nickthesizz said:

If Collaros goes out Sunday and balls out it's impossible to me that the Bombers don't resign him and let go of Matt. If we can land Masoli that would be my first option.

You are forgetting his concussion history and ignoring the fact he wants to go East

31 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Like I said I'd prefer Masoli but if you can find me another option I would gladly consider it. Going into next season with Nichols and Streveler would be a huge mistake.

Maybe...but that might be all that is available to us. I think TO trades for the rights to Arbuckle and signs Collaros as a 1b. I think Ottawa trades for the rights to Masoli. It leaves us on the outside looking in imo.

I can't see this being held off until FA. GMs are not going to want to let this go to FA. Last year their hand was forced by the league to do so because of the CBA.

Edited by gcn11

Just now, gcn11 said:

Maybe...but that might be all that is available to us. I think TO trades for the rights to Arbuckle and signs Collaros as a 1b. I think Ottawa trades for the rights to Masoli. It leaves us on the outside looking in imo.

yeah because Toronto will have enough cap space to sign both QBs and either one would sign to be a backup. 😂

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Im not a Nichols fan but i think his deep ball is probably fairly on par with Collaros. The difference being, i believe anyways, is that Nichols just doesn't take as many deep shots because he is so risk averse. Collaros is willing to take more chances and let his receivers make plays.

I think part of it is that Zach knows he can buy time and evade a guy before throwing deep if he needs to. If Nichols is pressured he is going to get rid of it

7 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

yeah because Toronto will have enough cap space to sign both QBs and either one would sign to be a backup. 😂

They could easily sign both. Arbuckle and Collaros both at 350 is cheaper than a lot of QB combos in the league and would be fair market value for both guys.

If you think that either guy is worth more you are overestimating their worth.

Edited by gcn11

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Can someone honestly answer why the heck they would want Masoli here? Seriously.. Big Arm but zero football IQ. Id rather stay with nichols and streveler

There were a lot of people whining about Collaros coming here too. 

Masoli threw for over 5000 yards last year. Has the ability to extend plays. Was really coming into his own. There's a lot to like. Football IQ.. Hard to quantify that

I dont hate Nic.....   jus dont see that pull a team with him that has to come from a QB.

Not a huge fan of Zach either but i see he can get it done in the air.

Having this......  Zack, Strev, Harris     this has got to be a pain in the ass to defend.

As much as i read how hard we will have to defend Hammy......   They must have to see this as a HUGE pain in the ass!

17 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Masoli threw for over 5000 yards last year. Has the ability to extend plays. Was really coming into his own. There's a lot to like. Football IQ.. Hard to quantify that

Would only want him if we have an OC he meshes with.  He's the definition of a system QB.  Not a very accurate arm, built like a 1950's baseball catcher.  Even in that system a player with better QB skills will perform better, as we've seen this season.

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Can someone honestly answer why the heck they would want Masoli here? Seriously.. Big Arm but zero football IQ. Id rather stay with nichols and streveler

Probably because if he stayed healthy he would have been the hands down MOP, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

18 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I'm surprised you haven't realized half of the posters here have serious issues lol. They wouldn't want Tom Brady here because he would be too distracting to Streveler or something to that effect.