Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

16 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

The fact that Zach Collaros in one year has won more playoff games than Matt Nichols in three years might change that. If we had a QB who was a needle mover, we easily beat Calgary in the Western Final last year. 

Are we in the Grey Cup if Nichols is still our starting QB? I highly doubt it.

Don't be obtuse; leave that to the greenies a province over. Nobody will argue Nichols had a lousy performance but Eric Rogers terrorized the defense in the 2018 EF, particularly in the red zone.

It's hilarious how you'll discredit one QB's record and then use another's to prop up your feeble argument. I think the only fact is a team's record is the team's and relies more on what a group of players does than what one player does.

I give Collaros full marks for what he's done through two games (moving the pocket, not throwing picks, not taking sacks) but let's be honest here: he didn't light up either the Stampeders or the Riders. The defense shut down Mitchell in the ESF and despite giving up a ton of yards on Sunday, they were excellent in the red zone.

The defense has paved the way for this championship berth.

2 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Isn’t this where we get to blame Lapo? 

Nah. Apparently, it's easier to **** on one player when he's down than look at the complete picture.

3 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Yes I know what a qb efficiency rating is. Probably should have made it clearer that my comment was meant as a joke. More to point out the hypocrisy that when Nichols throws for low numbers it’s all on him, but when someone else does it, it’s all in Lapo.

no hypocrisy from me... Nichols lack of real success is squarely on Lapo's shoulders... while I don't think we could ever be elite, not enough of a risk taker, he could be a very compentent and capable QB with a more dynamic game plan...

2 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

All the green and yellow ones must be due to him too? Or is that a case of Lapo being brilliant 

for sure, he gets credit for them all, but, the red/blue dots far out weigh the yellow ones...  all I'm saying...

24 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

on the back of Andrew Harris...to think Nichols would have had the success he did with a mediocre running back, is an argument I'd love to hear!

If they didn't have Harris they'd probably be starting an Import RB, Flanders or whoever.....and I'd guess he would lead the league' in rushing because of the O-line and an offensive scheme that emphasizes the running game more than any other team.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If they didn't have Harris they'd probably be starting an Import RB, Flanders or whoever.....and I'd guess he would lead the league' in rushing because of the O-line and an offensive scheme that emphasizes the running game more than any other team.

if you were to back out the QB sneak plays from Streveler's stats you'd see that he actually has a higher yd per carry avg than Harris does...

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Nah. Apparently, it's easier to **** on one player when he's down than look at the complete picture.

I beg to differ, I am looking at the 'complete picture', in fact I included the complete picture... that image depicts every pass that Nichols threw this year... it should be obvious that shorter throws are usually easier to complete than longer ones, hence the higher rating obtained... I hardly see how it's taking a dump on Nichols... it is what it is...  also, when he got injured, he had the lowest completion percentage for passes 20+ yds in the league... not an opinion, an actual fact... 

2 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

The real question is when (positive energy, not "if") Collaros wins the Grey Cup for us on Sunday, is it worthwhile investing in a Collaros number 8 Bomber jersey? He may only be a Bomber for three games, but he'd be a damn legend if (when) he wins us a Grey Cup. 

I have a blank home jersey that will be fitted with a #8 Collaros on Monday. You simply can’t go wrong, it will always be relevant and legendary. Arguably best trade in CFL history when he pulls it off on Sunday (/positive energy)

2 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

The real question is when (positive energy, not "if") Collaros wins the Grey Cup for us on Sunday, is it worthwhile investing in a Collaros number 8 Bomber jersey? He may only be a Bomber for three games, but he'd be a damn legend if (when) he wins us a Grey Cup. 

As long as you don’t give yourself a concussion putting the Jersey on

4 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

That usually applies to most qb’s in the league, because deep passes are more risky, hard to complete, etc..

I don't disagree, but like I said in my last post above, Nichols had the lowest completion percentage in the league for throws that were at 20+ yd depth when he got injured... last...

6 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

I've been saying for awhile that when Osh coaches us to a cup, I'm getting a Bombers O'Shea jersey. Only question is do I get the year on the back as a number or a 50. Still thinking on that...

5 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I don't disagree, but like I said in my last post above, Nichols had the lowest completion percentage in the league for throws that were at 20+ yd depth when he got injured... last...

I made an error, by the game that he got injured he was no longer last in the league at 20+ yd attempts, my apologies... he had worked his way up to 6th, or 3rd from last... so again, I mis-spoke, just wanted to put that correction out there...

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've been saying for awhile that when Osh coaches us to a cup, I'm getting a Bombers O'Shea jersey. Only question is do I get the year on the back as a number or a 50. Still thinking on that...

here's a link to all of the Bombers that have worn the number 19, if you decide on getting the year...

Bombers that worn the number 19

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Kyrie Wilson is the last Bomber to wear 19... Kyle Knox is the last Bomber to have worn 50...

now for a fun fact... there has actually been one player that has worn both, 19 and 50, while a Bomber... Chris Cvetkovic

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I don't get your point, you want Streveler to replace Harris at RB?

lol... no,  not at all, I just came upon that fact the other day while crunching numbers and thought it was interesting and when Harris' name came up it looked like a good time to throw it out there...

3 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

when this is where you are throwing the ball you had better have a high QB rating...

NICHOLS-TARGETS.png

Considering that football is almost 4 yards long, my hat goes off to Nichols for even being able to pick it up, much less for the center being able to snap it through his legs.

Edited by WBBFanWest

1 hour ago, 66 Chevelle said:

when this is where you are throwing the ball you had better have a high QB rating...

NICHOLS-TARGETS.png

Holy crap! That's an amazing diagram. I had no idea this team was that risk averse with the football.

Show the ones for Strev and Collaros, please.

13 minutes ago, J5V said:

Holy crap! That's an amazing diagram. I had no idea this team was that risk averse with the football.

Show the ones for Strev and Collaros, please.

I haven't done one for Collaros yet, but it shouldn't take long to whip one up, it's only 3 games... and I need to update Streveler's... but I'll throw them together and put them up for you!

15 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I haven't done one for Collaros yet, but it shouldn't take long to whip one up, it's only 3 games... and I need to update Streveler's... but I'll throw them together and put them up for you!

I'm just wondering, if they look similar, then it suggests a strict design by Lapo. If they look different, then obviously there are some changes being made depending on who is behind centre.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

I'm just wondering, if they look similar, then it suggests a strict design by Lapo. If they look different, then obviously there are some changes being made depending on who is behind centre.

here's the one for Streveler through the same time frame as Nichols above... as you can see, though fewer dots, a very definite pattern in regards to location...

STREVY-TARGETS.png