Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Dee

Did You Know..

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What are the changes?

First in E and first in W get a bye like normal. 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5. 

 

First place overall in the whole league than decides who they want to play over a television broadcast. Worth noting it would be temporary if Halifax entered league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CodyT said:

First in E and first in W get a bye like normal. 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5. 

 

First place overall in the whole league than decides who they want to play over a television broadcast. Worth noting it would be temporary if Halifax entered league

They'll try this until the travel costs multiply by a factor of 10 when BC has to travel to Montreal or vice-versa and other the traditional format BC would have played Calgary and Montreal would have played Ottawa.

I would keep the current format with the only change of having the team with the better record hosting every playoff game, meaning if a 10-8 team crosses over to face a second place 8-10 team, the game is hosted by the crossover team.  Incentivize the regular season games and give advantages to teams who earn it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I actually don't mind what they're saying EXCEPT the whole circus of choosing who you play. Why embarrass a team like that? Nobody wants to be seen as the easy out. And to publicize it? Awful idea. 

Yeah it's a real reach for attention that is beneath an institution like the CFL.  The fact Ambrosie thinks that way in troublesome IMO.  Improve the product, forget the sideshow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I would keep the current format with the only change of having the team with the better record hosting every playoff game, meaning if a 10-8 team crosses over to face a second place 8-10 team, the game is hosted by the crossover team.  Incentivize the regular season games and give advantages to teams who earn it.

I agree 100%.  But i’m Thinking they’ll never do it because then the east would rarely if ever host a playoff game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah it's a real reach for attention that is beneath an institution like the CFL.  The fact Ambrosie thinks that way in troublesome IMO.  Improve the product, forget the sideshow.

Ambrosie must think that if the 30 team MLB can pick its playoff opponents then it must be okay for the 9 team CFL to do so as well.  Not that MLB has ever considered fair play & integrity an important part of the game. The 1919 Chicago  White Sox gambling scandal, Pete Rose banned from the BBHOF in canton for life for gambling on his team in 1989 as well as the Houston Astros signal stealing scandal of today tell me that the CFL should stay away from anything MLB thinks is a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I MIGHT be impressed with MLB if they had the guts to strip the Houston Astros of their World Series titles & awarded them to the runners up. That would send a message that cheating is not allowed. Right now, the Astros could do the same thing & win the World Series & nothing would be done. The Boston Red Sox are now under investigation for the same thing. So, CFL stay away from this rotting corpse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I MIGHT be impressed with MLB if they had the guts to strip the Houston Astros of their World Series titles & awarded them to the runners up. That would send a message that cheating is not allowed. Right now, the Astros could do the same thing & win the World Series & nothing would be done. The Boston Red Sox are now under investigation for the same thing. So, CFL stay away from this rotting corpse. 

I'm pretty sure that the CFL is not planning on playing in the World's Series or in MLB in general, so I think we're safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did know this..
The Bomber culture keeps on growing. We know it. We hear it all the time. But I still like hearing about it. Here’s Josh Johnson and his take...


“I had a few offers… I was talking with Calgary, with Winnipeg and still in contact with Edmonton,” said Johnson in a conversation from his offseason base in Florida. “But talking to different guys around the league and the guys who play in Winnipeg and they were all talking about the organization and how it changes you as a player, about how much they loved playing there.

“I know they have a great coach and playing against Coach O’Shea and seeing how he coaches makes you want to play for him. Being a small league you hear so many different stories about playing for different teams. A lot of it is from coaches and when you are around guys who understand the game it makes you want to be a part of it. Talking to so many guys, it had me stuck on coming to Winnipeg.

“Plus,” Johnson added with a chuckle, “I already know it’s a good decision because I’ve had so many people welcome me to Winnipeg. It’s really been ridiculous the response from fans, different players and they’re all telling me I’m going to love being there.”  

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/17/already-know-good-decision-johnson-looking-make-winnipeg-football-home/?utm_source=dlvr.it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...