Did You Know..

Mr Dee

28 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Zontar came here & congratulated us on the GC win. He didn't have to do that but it was a classy thing to do. Plus he never talks much about the Ti Cats here, is respectful to our base & shares our hatred for the Riders. As far as I'm concerned, he's always welcome here. 

I'm definitely a fan of the Zontar! 

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Will Oliveira be ready to go at training camp next year?  Heartbreaking what happened to the guy this past year ... really rooting for him to be back.

Don't see him listed on the CFL 2020 FA list so he's still got time to go on his Bomber contract, right?

Note sure where he would go even if he was a FA.  As good as he still is Andrew Harris ain't getting any younger and Winnipeg right now is the only team dedicating runningback as a Canadian position and runs the ball heavily.  And he's from Winnipeg.   

11 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I know it's not really Walter's style, but we should get a 2019 Grey Cup Champions billboard put up in Regina lol

Walters might not be that guy but Wade is. Besides I think they are more focused on the 2020 GC Parade that will start at IGF West and travel all the way up the Trans Canada home to Winnipeg.

What is that Simpson's quote "That's it, we're going back to Winnipeg!!"

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Zontar came here & congratulated us on the GC win. He didn't have to do that but it was a classy thing to do. Plus he never talks much about the Ti Cats here, is respectful to our base & shares our hatred for the Riders. As far as I'm concerned, he's always welcome here. 

Let's be honest... his hatred of the Riders is the real reason we all love @Zontar... :) 

from a Rider press release...best chuckle I have had in a week or so....man that media there sure has to tow the BS line fairly tightly

Schram (6’4 – 312 lbs) returns for his third year with the Green and White after a strong showing in 2019 where he played in 10 regular-season games on the Riders’ offensive line. Schram was part of a nearly unmovable offensive line 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

from a Rider press release...best chuckle I have had in a week or so....man that media there sure has to tow the BS line fairly tightly

Schram (6’4 – 312 lbs) returns for his third year with the Green and White after a strong showing in 2019 where he played in 10 regular-season games on the Riders’ offensive line. Schram was part of a nearly unmovable offensive line 

No, they're right that OL didn't move much at all. Waved their arms like matadors at guys running by them, but move...not so much. I guess that is kind of the definition of a pylon really.

As per Adam Bighill...explains a lot of what we saw on the field at the Grey Cup eh?

“We were practicing outside every single day, they were practicing inside every single day,” Bighill said from Winnipeg. “They started their Day 1 practice finishing the practice with victory formation, so their mindset was different from ours. I’ll definitely say that.

“We have the blue collar mindset and we’re not afraid to put in the work. We’re not afraid of the weather. We truly had a really strong mentally, and physically, tough team. As we went into that week, I kinda noticed those things and I thought, mentally, we were gonna have a big edge on ’em”.

Just now, Booch said:

As per Adam Bighill...explains a lot of what we saw on the field at the Grey Cup eh?

“We were practicing outside every single day, they were practicing inside every single day,” Bighill said from Winnipeg. “They started their Day 1 practice finishing the practice with victory formation, so their mindset was different from ours. I’ll definitely say that.

“We have the blue collar mindset and we’re not afraid to put in the work. We’re not afraid of the weather. We truly had a really strong mentally, and physically, tough team. As we went into that week, I kinda noticed those things and I thought, mentally, we were gonna have a big edge on ’em”.

Does "victory formation" include laying on the ground in a passive position? Cause they looked really good at that formation during the Grey Cup.

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Why in blue blazes would any team need to practice victory formation? Don't even practice that in Pop Warner after the first year.

They had to do something while waiting for the ring fitter to get there. They had already practised their parade waving. 

Edited by JCon

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Hamilton had done the victory formation at the end of every practice from the start of training camp.

I don't hate this. They were undefeated at home in 2019, maybe there is something to be said for expecting to win every game. I've seen Bomber's practices end with team huddles and impromtu dance sessions. How does that help win games? Each team to their own.

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I don't hate this. They were undefeated at home in 2019, maybe there is something to be said for expecting to win every game. I've seen Bomber's practices end with team huddles and impromtu dance sessions. How does that help win games? Each team to their own.

I think it is lame as ****

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I’m  pretty sure he was in for fittings to complement the chain ’bling’ thing they got going.80-E1-ED68-FAC6-4738-92-E1-D2-D94436-EE8

Makes sense..

1 hour ago, Booch said:

When I heard they had been practicing indoors, I thought that was really odd and just a bad idea overall. You'd think they'd want to get used to the elements as there was no escaping them. 

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

When I heard they had been practicing indoors, I thought that was really odd and just a bad idea overall. You'd think they'd want to get used to the elements as there was no escaping them. 

I think I read the same about the Riders getting ready for the WF.