Bombers release Chris Matthews

trueBlue83

kind of surprising, but not really..... news just broke on TSN radio VIA Jeff Hamilton.

He hasn't really seemed engaged this year.  Maybe being under-utilized.  But if he was becoming a problem in the room, whining about not getting the ball, I'm fine with this move!

Get someone in there who actually wants to play!  I'm sure the salary saving isn't going to hurt us either!

Edited by trueBlue83

Well....Bailey did look like our best most polished guy in camp...silky smooth great route runner and fast with ball in his mitts..and thick strong body type...and biding his time on the P.R working hard...so let's see him get the chance now...he'd be another unknown for the Sask defense to contend with...

On 2019-05-11 at 4:53 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Ghost of Chris Matthews signing just tells me not to expect much from new imports at camp.

On 2019-05-11 at 5:26 PM, rebusrankin said:

Ghost of Chris Matthews? He was productive last year, played at pace where he would have had over 1100 yards receiving.

On 2019-05-11 at 4:59 PM, Noeller said:

The most Tburg-y post by a non-TBurg poster ever..... 

On 2019-05-11 at 6:39 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I doubt if frosty has ever seen him play. The only guy I know who always wants to talk about the Jets on chat when the Bombers are playing when no one wants to. Like who gives a **** about the Jets when the Bombers are playing?

Just wanna say called it and people( @rebusrankin @SpeedFlex27 @Noeller) owe me scalps :D

tenor.gif?itemid=12080673

Having said that I think he was our best receiver ATM and this comes out of no where and makes no sense.

The one thing I know that must be true is that he did not test positive for steroids :P

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg