Some Truth to the Rumour

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Mike said:

It’s exactly the place I would’ve guessed if you’d asked me to guess where a Bomber might get stabbed.

Anyways, hope Matthews is alright. 

Find it interesting that nobody is in here eating crow after all of the sarcasm directed at the guy who broke the story here. 

I heard hes busy

I was more annoyed at the "what I've heard is pretty bad....but not gonna explain anything further" types

Edited by Bigblue204

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

if it's true that there were 15 players involved in starting a scrap, I would pay folding money to be in the meeting where the coaches scream every profanity known to man.........

perhaps Matt Nichols was buying the entire offense dinner and drinks at La Roca, and a lone voice was heard in the back saying "Nichols sucks - he only threw for 295 last night"....

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

This is exactly what I thought about when someone said there was 15 now involved lol. One of my all time favorite movies!

100% was my first thought, too......and agreed, one of my all time faves. Watch it every year prior to the start of the season...

from reddit 

"I don't have too many details other than it was a pretty big brawl between players and other club goers. After the stabbing the place was swarmed by cops who broke everything up.

She didn't know exactly what started it. Everyone just kind of started going for each other and she got shoved aside into the wall"

1 hour ago, Booch said:

victims have no say in laying of charges nowadays...too many times cops couldn't do anything because a victim didn't want to for whatever reason....so the law was changed

Law was never changed Booch.  The Crown lays all charges except in what is called a "private prosecution"  Very rare indeed.

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Law was never changed Booch.  The Crown lays all charges except in what is called a "private prosecution"  Very rare indeed.

I figured it had been as before on obvious cases were the victim didn't want to press charges the Crown never pursued it....but now they are on it automatically

When I referred to changed tho..I meant like 25..30 years ago..not recently

Just now, Booch said:

I figured it had been as before on obvious cases were the victim didn't want to press charges the Crown never pursued it....but now they are on it automatically

When I referred to changed tho..I meant like 25..30 years ago..not recently

Ya, the law always was that the Crown laid the charges but the cops would sometimes not bother, especially in domestic abuse situations,  In the 80's the AG for Manitoba issued an order that in any complaint of domestic abuse, charges were to be laid, regardless of the victim's wishes.  That policy has broadened a bit over the years.That whole "I'm laying charges/I'm not laying charges" thing is American.